GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Captain Earth" Prerelease Discussion Thread (New Mecha Anime From BONES)

Like This Thread!
    Via Good Haro. This is really fresh and so not much is known yet, but going on chatter based on the below magazine scan (presumed to be from the new issue of Newtype) there's a new mecha anime in the works from Studio BONES called Captain Earth - yes, really. Purportedly leading staff include Takuya Igarashi and Yoji Enokido, who worked together as director and scriptwriter respectively on Star Driver and Ouran High School Host Club.

With any luck we'll know more in the coming hours or days. In the meantime, hey, that giant robot is pretty cool.....

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the immediate question is, will it be a Super Robot series, a "Real" Robot series or that fuzzy place in between the two types of series like Evangelion and Eureka Seven?

SigmasonicX is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is Captain Earth going to bring pollution down to zero?
    Reality is only for those who can't handle Star Trek.

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BONES mecha original with a silly-sounding title, directed by Takuya Igarashi and written by Yoji Enokido? Sounds like another Star Driver. BONES and both announced staff members have all worked on some of my favorites, but Star Driver, while fun enough in its own way, was certainly not one of them, so I'm not getting any hopes up for this, although I'm sure I'll watch it.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Captain Earth - New Mech Anime by Bones (Spoilers)

Those that like Gundam, FAFNER and other related mech animes may like this one as well. By the same studio that brought Fullmetal Alchemist & FMA: Brotherhood.

Here's a PV of the anime, which's set to launch in April.
    Last edited by GWOtaku; 02-22-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: merged with original thread
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That thing is built like a tank. Anyone else getting Gunbuster vibes from the arms and shoulders?

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is this a potential copyright infringement case? Can Ted Turner sue over that title?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Gatomon41 is offline Digital Cat Rabbit Thing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Is this a potential copyright infringement case? Can Ted Turner sue over that title?
    If there's any concerns, I'm sure they could change the title in America like they did with Case Closed.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think that will be a problem as though it's similiar sounding it's not the exact words. From what I heard, Conan is an officially copyrighted word to use in media (similiar to Avatar now because... sadly people can away with that sort of crap now) but neither Captain nor Earth are really copyrighted, even by AOL Time Warner and Ted Turner. Plus I think there's more forward momentum with at least more Conan material, unlike Captain Planet who at best has a movie that's been "in development talks" for years without any progress made on that, so it shouldn't be as much of a problem. Still you never can be too careful with these kind of things and I really hope they don't have to change the name. This looks more deserving of something like Captain Earth/Planet then that other series ever did.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What we need is someone to license this series for North America and let the old Captain Planet cast provide the dub voices.