Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Having seen ten minutes of Space Dandy I am not quite inclined to say this is going to be a great series. The action cuts are nice (water effects!), but the characters are very shallow and repetitive. I hope the full series is an improvement, right now I don't like any of the characters. Suwabe is awesome and all, but give the man something to say other than "Boobies!" Damn, the boobies aren't even big in this series!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw the ten minutes as well, and it was stupid. I can't really explain it another way. It's exceptionally stupid, and none of the characters are that appealing and most border on obnoxiousness.

Let's put it this way: I'm watching Good Luck Girl! (Binbogami Ga!) right now, and Space Dandy makes GLG look like Einstein. That's how stupid Dandy was in the first ten minutes. I thought I was going to lose brain cells by the end of it. I'm not sure I can make it through a full episode, much less 26 of them, if the entire show is going to be like that.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

O-chan is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the first ten minutes really are that bad then we really got trolled by all the advertising this series has. This show has a lot riding on it and the director hasn't steered us wrong in the past. We'll really know on the premiere if this show can meet the expectations the veteran staff and promotional material has set.
    Please view my artwork and my musings here:
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have no problem with this failing. It will teach Bones not to produce crap and expect it to sell just because it's headlined by famous staff and has a few shallow records to its name.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait, how did you see ten minutes of it?
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

ChibiGoku is online now Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Wait, how did you see ten minutes of it?
    There was an hour special or so that aired on BS Fuji. Included with it, they showed off the first 10 minutes of episode 1.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Having seen ten minutes of Space Dandy I am not quite inclined to say this is going to be a great series. The action cuts are nice (water effects!), but the characters are very shallow and repetitive. I hope the full series is an improvement, right now I don't like any of the characters. Suwabe is awesome and all, but give the man something to say other than "Boobies!" Damn, the boobies aren't even big in this series!
    er

That says a lot about anime boobies in general huh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    er

That says a lot about anime boobies in general huh
    If one is going to be shallow and openly draw boobies in a manner meant to elicit a perverted feeling both in one's self and one's viewers one holds a great responsibility to do it right. As the years pass man's ability to better carry out this responsibility has grown. We must not allow regression! Regression is absolutely out of the question. Comrades, continue to fight the good fight! Sieg, Pai-Pai!

One.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    If one is going to be shallow and openly draw boobies in a manner meant to elicit a perverted feeling both in one's self and one's viewers one holds a great responsibility to do it right. As the years pass man's ability to better carry out this responsibility has grown. We must not allow regression! Regression is absolutely out of the question. Comrades, continue to fight the good fight! Sieg, Pai-Pai!

One.
    You are my friend a leader among men everywhere I'm not worthy to be on the same planet as you

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The New York Times has their official review up. It's a bit kinder than I would say it, but Hale is essentially saying what I think here.