Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by O-chan View Post
    I'm confused. Did the show change time slots in Japan because I though the big deal with this show was that the Toonami airing came before the Japanese airing?
    All I know right now is that TV Oosaka apparently aired it today.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O-chan View Post
    I'm confused. Did the show change time slots in Japan because I though the big deal with this show was that the Toonami airing came before the Japanese airing?
    It was likely scheduled a few days early because the Japanese networks are starting their spring seasons this upcoming week, and they probably didn't want it overlapping with the start of that.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #9

I'm not familiar with Eun Young-choi, but I suspect his being brought on as episode director was a very deliberate choice for variety. Eun also provided key animation.

Web-generation animator Oda Gosei received first credit under the key animation credit for this episode. Quite a bit of this episode has that nice look he and the other flash animators have been developing for the last ten or so years. With all of the plants in this episode it's a shame Hori Takafumi couldn't provide some key animation!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #10

Aoyama Hiroyuki acted a the second credited animation supervisor as well as a second key animator. Another Telecom veteran from the 1990s DCAU shows!

Dandy being an ass to Meow was pretty funny. The contrast of those family stereotypes and Meow's family essentially being cats was humorous. "Father, do you like breasts?" Yamaji Kazuhiro's delivery of "Daisuki desu" just about cracked me up. Such quiet and blue-collar guy saying that in such a plain, straightforward manner is simply hilarious.

It had to happen sometime, I suppose. The Gundam references were hilarious. I think this is perhaps the first time I've genuinely enjoyed this series for its writing...or at all, really.

"Use Yahoo Answers!" "Just Google it, you idiot!" Well, damn. I can't top that.

Ueno Kimiko knocked this one out of the park. Space Dandy is finally funny and maybe a little meaningful.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 12

The alien acting like he was one of the crew and none of them noticing was very funny to me at first, but it definitely dragged for too long.

In general, the tricks he pulled were fun in a simple, Looney Tunes-ish way. I did like the idea of Meow and QT choosing the Dandy they knew was fake because he was already more desirable than the real one.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #11

Ooh, a two-man episode. Speaking of two men, I'm glad we had some scenes with Admiral Perry and Doctor Gel in a competent light. Ginga Banjou and Ishizuka Unshou are great voice actors, so it's nice to see them performing together without their characters being comedic. Speaking of comedic acting, Yamaguchi Kappei was in this episode!

I'm also glad to see some movement by the fleet. I hope the second cour has an episode directed by Wakabayashi Atsushi. A Wakabayashi episode that is nothing but wild spaceship action would be splendid.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #12

It's finally QT's day! QT is so cute thanks to the performance delivered by Satake Uki. Making QT the middle-aged man who likes fishing was a neat enough gag. Speaking of gags, I wasn't paying attention and forgot Dandy and company were on the ship so I thought the old man in the background at first was just because they were out in public.

Not quite as many good gags this week, although that still of Dandy in serious contemplation was pretty funny. Eh.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #13

Phew, after an arduous three months I have finally finished Space Dandy. Going out on a somewhat bittersweet episode was a nice move (the absurdity of a revolution for artificially intelligent appliances aside), considering just how many episodes of the series are humorous. The simplicity of the story makes it difficult to really comment beyond "Yep, that was a thing."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8