Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I'm so happy to see that Gurren Lagann look again. I'm not completely sold on Sushio's character designs just yet, but Imaishi's storyboarding has always been very distinctive and magnificent.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More cast members have been revealed. I'm glad to see we can expect some Miki, Inada, Hiyama, and Seki Toshihiko. Two of the most hot-blooded voice actors in the industy!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised Imaishi knows better than to try to do hotblooded without Hiyama.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aniplex posted a 3-minute promo of the show online. If you can't watch it on YouTube due to the region restrictions, ANN has a copy that should work.

I like what I saw. It has that hyper energy that Gurren Lagann had it seems from the video. I'm hoping streaming is announced as a simulcast cause I can't wait to see this show.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    I'm hoping streaming is announced as a simulcast cause I can't wait to see this show.
    AoA confirmed the simulcast a while ago. Now we just have to wait for the confirmation on who's getting the actual simulcast. I really want it to be on Crunchyroll like all but one of AoA's simulcasts, but it's unfortunately looking likely that it will join that one as a Daisuki simulcast, which in the one case so far has caused a one-month delay for Crunchyroll.

Anyway, that was the most Imaishi thing I've seen since... last night, when I watched Abenobashi episode 3. I cannot wait. Also, Eir Aoi is sounding great as always.

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't really been paying attention to this until now. My impression of it from the previews, It's Gurren Lagann meets Revolutionary Girl Utena! I'm in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am glad to see this officially set in stone, although there was probably never any doubt.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aniplex USA posted a short, subtitled trailer of their own. It's basically a chopped down version of the long preview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The long trailer Aniplex put out gets a subtitled release.

The show just looks like it could be a heck of a lot of fun. I look forward to the premiere.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, this is the action show to keep an eye on this season. My first impression of the setup and the story is basically "this is kind of like Tenjho Tenge, except it won't be awful". The talking sailor suit thing is just the kind of wackiness I'd expect from these folks.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kill la Kill's series premiere simulcast will be starting in a couple hours. You'll be able to watch it on Daisuki (English/Italian/German/Spanish/Portuguese subtitles), Crunchyroll, Hulu or the Aniplex Channel.

Links should also be available to all the streams from the official webpage.

In the meantime, here's a preview of the first episode.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd missed the preview video, thanks Matt! Added that to the talkback I was working on & posted just now.

I was reviewing the staff list awhile ago...I didn't realize just how many Gurren Lagann staff were on this show. It's the decisive majority, it's not just the guys at the top. Can't wait.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2