Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    God I hope not. Cruchyroll does everything perfectly, and while Daisuki certainly isn't as terrible as, say, FUNimation at simulcasts, their site, player, and model are all so far inferior that their existence is a detriment to simulcasts, at least for AoA so far. They still gave all but one to Crunchyroll this season, so I'm hoping for the best for Kill la Kill as well, but with Daisuki having started to cause damage, there's no telling how much worse it might get.
    To say nothing of CrunchyRoll's two hundred thousand subscribers as opposed to Daisuki's far fewer. That is sure to help pull in the dough.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    To say nothing of CrunchyRoll's two hundred thousand subscribers as opposed to Daisuki's far fewer. That is sure to help pull in the dough.
    Yeah, I think Crunchyroll is getting shows to plenty of viewers.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Daisuki has yet to put their one simulcast on their YouTube channel, 6 episodes into its run.
    Its Monogatari, thats no great loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    Its Monogatari, thats no great loss.
    I'm glad our discussion of the merits of streaming service is based on your personal dislike for a particular series. I'm sure the only reason they haven't put it on YouTube is because you don't like it, and they'll be sure to add all their future simulcasts to YouTube in HD as soon as they air! As long as you like them, of course!
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey now, most of Crunchyroll's content doesn't demand a subscription. Wait a week and new anime is free, as is what's become a huge library beyond what's new in a given season.

Compare and contrast selection between Crunchyroll and Daisuki. These sites are not mutually exclusive to each other at all. I bring up Daisuki as a hopeful possiblity simply in the interest of breaking down region locking where possible. Viewers all over saw & adored Little Witch Academia, and as a fan I much prefer that they get to follow up on that interest in Trigger with this show.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Compare and contrast selection between Crunchyroll and Daisuki. These sites are not mutually exclusive to each other at all.
    Daisuki has only had one simulcast, and it forced the Crunchyroll stream to be delayed by a month. I'm happy for Daisuki to get whatever it can, just not for simulcasts.

I bring up Daisuki as a hopeful possiblity simply in the interest of breaking down region locking where possible. Viewers all over saw & adored Little Witch Academia, and as a fan I much prefer that they get to follow up on that interest in Trigger with this show.
    Aniplex's Daisuki simulcast this season is available in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Their three Crunchyroll simulcasts are all available in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Central and South America. There is literally nothing good about them giving a simulcast to Daisuki.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I do not agree. The more venues where it is available, the bigger the audience is liable to be. Especially if crossposting episodes to Youtube is going to be the norm for them.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do not agree. The more venues where it is available, the bigger the audience is liable to be. Especially if crossposting episodes to Youtube is going to be the norm for them.
    Again, they have to put a single episode of their one simulcast on YouTube. If they do, then I'd agree that some people will see it there who wouldn't necessarily go to Crunchyroll, but at this rate the simulcast period may be over by the time they do, in which case they might as well just get the titles after they've aired and streamed on Crunchyroll. As you pointed out, there's plenty of overlap, so it would be much better for Crunchyroll to get the series as it airs and for Daisuki to add it later. And like Jacob said, Crunchyroll has 200k+ subscribers (and considering how quickly it jumped from 100k to 200k and how long it's been since we got the 200k report, who knows what it's actually at now?) plus god only knows how many free members and viewers without accounts. The people who wouldn't know to go to Crunchyroll and would only find the series if it was on YouTube likely aren't the ones who know when each new episode airs and demand to see it as soon as that happens, so I'd say the hundreds of thousands of Crunchyroll viewers are a good start for the first little while, and then Daisuki can follow afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's our first Kill La Kill commercial that's showing actual TV footage for the first time. It definitely reminds me a bit of Gurren Lagann (and G Gundam) when they're fighting at high speed and you've got that flurry of fists going on!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The small bits of fighting animation looked great. The diving girl looked like something out of Nichijou, too.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast