Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    HellCat is online now Sincere charlatan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The full OP is now out. It's short, barely 3 minutes. Fun though. I've been singing the TV size version alot as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gundam BF Episode 6

Yes they are, Reiji. And that's awesome, according to episode #6!

Is it me or does the bolded part of this episode description also totally not happen? That's two weeks running now!

To have a rematch against Tatsuya Yuuki, and beat him—this has been Reiji's only motivation for fighting Gunpla battles. But now that Yuuki has suddenly withdrawn from the competition, Reiji has lost his purpose, and aimlessly wanders the streets. Sei, too, is frustrated that he can't have a rematch with Yuuki. Seeing the two of them, China feels an indescribable uneasiness. Now that Reiji is unable to fight Yuuki, where is he going to end up? But Sei vows to believe in Reiji, and looks forward to his eventual return. Meanwhile, Reiji is trembling with fear as Tatsuya Yuuki appears before him. And clutched in his hand is the Zaku Amazing!
    I still don't get what's up with Yuuki, but clearly there's some serious business the show is (slowly) building up to. Contrary to the bolded part above, this entire episode is about celebrating Fighting Spirit™ and the time-honored shonen anime motivation to seek out new challenges and keep improving oneself. These two can't jump at the chance to fight their rival fast enough.

Sei: To build it is my real test....
    Reiji: ...to fight for honor is my caaaauuuuseee!

As if the essence of all this weren't clear enough, Gundam BF reference watch: "Gunpla Battle! Ready, Go!" in the preview for episode 7, echoing the G Gundam catchphrase. Ironically next week is a beach episode...well, whatever. Mecha are in the preview too (and apparently it's not against the rules to deploy a mobile armor...hmm).

Yeah. Sei and Reiji were both very fired up by today's episode. Reiji's still the more interesting half of the duo, though. They hammer home again that he's totally not from Earth (hahahahahaha, yesssss) and throws a bonafide bit over not getting his rematch, going so far as to talk about "honor" and stuff. I like how he then proceeds to try to cope and sulk by trying to put on airs about not taking the game seriously, only for Mr. Ral to see right through it and give him the pep talk. He's going to give every important motivational speech in this series, isn't he?

I see China is getting hooked, building even more model kits...is that machine she's using actually a thing in real life?

Which reminds me. Sei's mom continues to entertain and be awesome. Hahahaha.

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone was clearly aware another Gundam show could never do a preview where the tone is "Ohhhhhhh, BOOB!" "BOOOB! All right, BOOOOB!" and ran with the narrow window of opportunity. Now, just make sure Mihoshi is there guys.... *rings hands*

I do hope we get a bit more balance in the episodes. I don't like tournament shows but the actual tournament fights thus far feel like an after thought. I feel characters should drive a story but I'd rather have some mecha fanservice over yet another episode of Sei and Reiji discussing the fact they want to fight Zaku Amazing. It's reminding me of early 00 in a bad way, where fans complained they were taking too long to advance the story. I get the feeling Kuroda is a talented and funny writing but sucks at pacing without the right director to put the boot up his arse.

Amused by the Lalah joke at the end there. I'd say secret Gunpla super soldier programmes is ridiculous but this show does keep pointing out the holes in its concept AND I've seen some darn right scary things related to sports in real life so it's not too far fetched I guess.

I wonder how long Mk-II will be the lead mecha. I'm amused it takes over right after I've received and built my Build Strike.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The show's certainly taking its time. If this thing is getting about 50 episodes though, there should be plenty of time to spend in the World Tournament and maybe even another plot after or alongside that one. We've seen it implied that at that level there are plenty of players that are just as good as the likes of Yuuki and the Casanova guy (BTW, funny how he just pops up out of nowhere to watch today's battle), if not better, so I feel like the focus on that rivalry is really just a warm up.

I could stand to see more love given to battle scenes in the future though. In all aspects they're decent, but in terms of 2D animation, direction and evoking that intangible feeling suspense nothing's approached the level of Gundam 00 yet, where by now you had some slick feats being pulled off and shots like Exia showing off its clearly superior agility.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode #6

Gundam Build Fighters is going to be twenty-five episodes, not fifty.

Anyway, Sei's mom continues to be hilarious. Next week, though, she will be...okay, I can't think of a joke.

I liked seeing the two suits become totally trashed. It's more interesting when suits tear the hell out of each other. Although introducing a new Gunpla for Sei and Reiji so soon feels a bit much. Why doesn't Sei just make spare parts, other than merchandise reasons?

Build Strike's hyper mega cannon was really useless during the fight with Yuuki. Unless you have a great distance between you and your foe the weapon is meaningless due to its slow charge up. Heck, a long distance just makes it easier for an undistracted foe to dodge. It is definitely a weapon for a team battle.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post

I liked seeing the two suits become totally trashed. It's more interesting when suits tear the hell out of each other. Although introducing a new Gunpla for Sei and Reiji so soon feels a bit much. Why doesn't Sei just make spare parts, other than merchandise reasons?
    I don't think it's about parts, the problem is that Build Strike was so damaged that Sei basically has to rebuild it from scratch. That's more work than the repair he'd done before. I suppose he could have built a backup model for just this kind of situation...but that's less interesting.

Where'd the info come from on the Gundam BF episode count?

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    I see China is getting hooked, building even more model kits...is that machine she's using actually a thing in real life?
    Do you mean the air compressor and airbrush she's using to put the primer coat on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Anyway, Sei's mom continues to be hilarious. Next week, though, she will be...okay, I can't think of a joke.
    I can think of an entire MST3K clip.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    Do you mean the air compressor and airbrush she's using to put the primer coat on?
    ......yes! I think. Yeah, I don't know anything about modeling.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #6

Ral's speech about how Gunpla is just a hobby would be a lot more convincing without all the hardcore brooding done by mysterious men in suits all over the place.

Still, it has its fun moments even if it doesn't make fun of itself enough. Next episode looks... interesting?
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)