Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    HellCat is offline Sincere charlatan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    Now for the biggest Gundam Build Fighter mystery of all: where did she get that boob sock trench coat?

Also of note China was sold a HG Zaku II kit: so Sai recommended her something basic and common (good for beginners as much as a HG kit can be) and not something overtly girly.
    I believe it's actually the HG Gundam vs Zaku Starter Set- 1/144 HGUC Gunpla Starter Set: Gundam Vs. Zaku II by Bandai | HobbyLink Japan

You know this show is for you when you recognise all the rare kits.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if the series will try to up their game by introducing a team-based concept? Right now we're basically at a one-on-one system. Introducing a team system would allow for players to battle using fleets and expanding the scope.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Frontier is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can see an eventual free for all Gunpla fight happening.

I understand Sei really enjoying Kirara's/Mihoshi's company. If I had met a member of the opposite sex who was really into the same stuff I was, and really knew her stuff, life would certainly look a lot brighter .

First the Freedom then the Zaku Warrior, and now the Justice... do the creators feel justified having all these CE Mobile Suits get creamed because the Main Gunpla is based off the Strike ?

Then again, it would be kinda funny seeing the Strike Freedom get beaten in seconds...
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-29-2013 at 12:39 AM.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, I hear that. But hey. In the first episode we see Wing Gundam getting defeated by the Gyan (the Gyan!). Sei's father was the runner up in the world championship using only the classic RX-78 Gundam (makes you wonder who beat him, doesn't it?). It's no good worrying about continuity and power levels on this one. Here everything is determined by the quality of the model + piloting skill. Why, one day we may yet see Bearguy defeat the Turn A!

......okay, nah, probably not.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An interesting article by iron2000 about the history of Gunpla fight spin offs The Bonkurasu Brigade » Gundam Build Fighters: looking back

Why fat chick always be Miri? T_T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This really has become a reason to look forward to Mondays, though I'm sad we get no Kirara this week

I keep saying it but I love how willing the show is to make fun of the fans and the hobby. It makes me think of how the Keroro manga worked because Gunpla was his thing alone that everyone looked down on but the anime made more characters interested. The fact BF is willing to poke fun at things and do 'only in a fanboy's dream' moments like using plamo to pull women...it's far better than a heavy handed commercial push that ignores the flaws.

The imagination battle was a clever concept though one that makes me wonder further about Plavsky particles. Also loved the Western pastiche complete with a carrier bag standing in for a tumbleweed.

Of course the obvious question is what exactly has Yuuki gotten himself involved in?

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best part of this episode:
    Spoiler:
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hahaha, yes. This show delivers some fun expressions and that's definitely one of the best right there. Also, Sei's mom was wearing a Haro pin.

This episode was...all right. Feels like a breather, really: not much happens, it's all about Sei and Reiji getting pumped up for their upcoming matches and more specifically about Sei getting in touch with the heart of the cards his competitive spirit by crossing paths with Mao. They don't do a GUNPLA battle, they just fight in their IMAGINATIONS. And Mr. Ral knows exactly when to jump in to stop the duel short at the climax, because he's just that good at reading two young boys staring at each other! Yeah! There's something just a bit endearing in how the show just embraces its silliness and doesn't try to cloak it in anything. To wit, check out Mao rushing through his goofy introduction when Sei and China say they're short on time. Priceless. Speaking of which, how about Reiji nonchalantly cramping the style of Wing Gundam guy.

I'm wondering what's up with Yuuki too. I'm not sure, but that place he's in at the end reminds me of when you had those two scientists talking in the start of episode 4.

From the description for episode 5: "China is becoming concerned that Sei is too engrossed in his work". Uh, is it me or did this not actually happen?

Gundam BF reference watch:

1. Most obviously, you have Sei and Mao being dressed up as Kira Yamato and Garrod Ran during their imagination duel.

2. We kind of sort of get the "no Zaku!" line from Mr. Ral's ridiculous model collection comment.

3. One shot calls back to a moment in that G Gundam episode Domon Kasshu gets his Gundam upgrade:

4. Okay, I might be reaching a little, but I choose to believe this pose is a shout out to Gurren Lagann:

5. It's been done before and for Gundam anime it's not such a stranger, but you don't see it all that often anymore...this is a pastel freeze frame, i.e. a "postcard memory" shot that I understand was innovated by the fabulous Osamu Dezaki. The painting-like visual effect is always cool.

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode #5

I kept watching this episode and expecting Mao to turn into Sendou. Good grief, those 'wai'!

It was nice getting some Tomita Yoshikazu and Ootsuka Ken this week, although I was surprised we got a fight between Sei and Mao at all at the rate the episode was going. I wish the Reiji fight had been cut to save the drawings for a future episode, lest the production crew already has Tanaka Hironori working on later fight scenes.

Ral continues to be the best character. Speaking of older men, I swear I thought Mao's 'shishou' was going to be a certain familiar face...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #5

Ral finally makes the joke Gundam fandom has been waiting a month for.

With references like that and some other comments, as well as the extent to which the ridiculousness is being taken, I feel like this show has gotten a lot more tongue-in-cheek. That's a good thing, but there are still points that just don't work either way.

Anyway, Sei's tournament competition continues to grow, and it looks like we'll be seeing some of Yuuki's development now.

Fly, Gunpla!
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)