Follow Us:
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Final episode plot from the official site:

Spoiler:
    Amidst much chaos, the Gunpla Battle World Championship has finally reached its conclusion. However, in the aftermath, the Plavsky particle crystal goes wild, filling the arena with particles. The crowd panics and flees. In order to diffuse the situation, there's no choice but to destroy the crystal. With Nils guiding them, Sei and Reiji, Mao and Fellini, China, Aila and the others launch their Gunpla, but the crystal fights back, miring the situation. Former rivals now join forces, with previous legends Ral, Takeshi, and Master Chinan lending their support. Now, let's go! This is Gunpla's Last Shooting!

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #24

Oh hey, I think that's the first time Ral was actually called Ramba. On a similar note, Baker is Sayla for some reason. Okay. Well after all those cameos last time, that hardly even fazed me, although the disparity in character designs is rather comical.

They definitely gave us some pretty mecha action for the final match, which I appreciate. Now we've got the finale bringing us some realer problems to deal with, and it may just become a real Gundam show yet. I think it's probably been silly enough that I'd be able to deal with that.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My eyes!

I hope there's a nasty sequel tease at the end of this coming episode. It would be splendid...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    My eyes!

I hope there's a nasty sequel tease at the end of this coming episode. It would be splendid...
    You don't think Sunrise has enough Gundam anime on its plate right now?
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just want a series about Aila and Kirara on the road.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    You don't think Sunrise has enough Gundam anime on its plate right now?
    It doesn't have to be within the next three or six months or anything.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We haven't visited Reiji's "Kingdom" yet. Sounds like movie material to me!

I kid, I kid. Or do I? Who am I kidding, it's not like I wouldn't watch that.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    Just in time for HC's birthday: http://sengendo.a.la9.jp/aira01.html
    Thank God it's the shaved armpit edition!

Y'know, this is probably the first dakimura I've come across where the opposite side still have the character well-dressed. Huh.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'Well I don't completely understand what's causing this but we don't know what kind of catastrophe there will be if it continues: so let's find the crystal and let's punch the hell out of it.'

I know the drones were suppose to represent the different fodder enemies from previous show but I wonder if the fodder enemies from Reconguista in G will have the over all look of these drones.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #25

I can't believe it's over. What a fun series, I'm especially happy to see Baker-chan and Aila returned to Aria with Mashita and Reiji. All of the couples appeared to be solid this episode, even the reluctant Nils! Hohoho, love in mein Gundam!

The fights were also really good. Ral is a beast, he's probably banned from the tournaments! Takeshi also brought in an upgraded RX-78-2, which was a nice surprise. Yuuki Tatsuya playing tribute to the battle-damaged Exia was also a nice touch.

Bring on a second season/series!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #25

That was some good quality dumb fun. And quite pretty, too. Ral kicks some major ass, and we get to see Takeshi go as old school as possible when he joins the battle. This series has been quite a nice love letter to everything that's come before it in these 35 years.

I can't really imagine a second season offering anything new enough to be worthwhile, but it could still be fun to have some more of this. Some exploration of Arian might be interesting. So Gundam in Gunpla form and countless episode 23 cameos aside, we've got Ramba Ral on Earth and Sayla on Arian. Hmm... I feel like some kind of joke tie-in to the Origin would be ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animesuki
    Not sure if anyone has seen this tweet.

RT @mkaz0310: ガンダムビルドファイターズ、いくら好評で要望がたくさんあっても新シリーズなんて制作できるわけない。そ れに間空けるにしてもまだシナリオ会議すら始まってないしデザイン発注もしていないし…。 #g_bf #エイプリルフール

(Producer Masakazu of Sunrise): Gundam Build Fighters, no matter how much you love the series, or how hard you wish for it, there won't be a second season. We haven't even started to discuss about the scenario or drafting new designs... #g_bf #AprilFools

This was posted on April 1st.

I see what you're getting at, you sneaky bastards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So since I've generally been quiet in this thread as the show aired, now seems like a good time to sum up my thoughts on the show as a whole (or the show thus far, based on what info suggests).

If you go and look through this thread, it's clear I wasn't thrilled with the series at all. I've bought many Gunpla myself but the idea of making it a focus of a show had me dissapointed, especially after the 3-part Gunpla Builders had just been so dry and blunt with trying to push the merchandise. Each new bit of info just seemed to reinforce the idea in my head this would be a poorly composed mess.

I'm so very glad I was wrong. The reason I haven't really been offering episode by episode thoughts? I simply found I enjoyed BF so much I didn't have to. For half an hour every monday I got to ignore my troubles in life and just enjoy a show that glided pass and mostly hit all the right notes. It very much reminded me of the feeling I got from 00 and while that's partly intentional (same writer and he certainly loved referencing his previous show) it was a welcome surprise I hadn't really expected. I assumed this would be a curious diversion and got something I'm genuinely dissapointed is (currently) over.

I think it's impressive that they made something that could hook new fans while at the same time having references and twists for existing fans. Aila is a perfect example of this. They intentionally led us to believe she would be the typical stoic tragic super soldier girl and then revealed she was a far more amusing and likeable tsundere. The show was happy to play with what longtime fans would expect while at the same time hold its hand up and poke fun at its own logic. I respect that because too many animes just run with weird things and just expect you to buy into it. BF does stuff like introduce a 'Gunpla Mafia' and then points out the idea is ridiculous.

The whole thing with the particles themselves was a big part of that. Part of what I liked about Nils was he was a mouthpiece for the fact surely the wider world would question why the Plavsky particles were only being used to animate Gundam kits and in theory they could have a range of beneficial uses. This was welcome logic and I can't help but feel in any other toyetic anime they wouldn't really have called this out but instead used it to push the merchandise, much like how the Beyblade shows have revealed final villains who have made spinning tops that can hold the world to ransom.

Character wise I think this is a strong cast and certainly more so in light of AGE. Look, women who don't just shut up and make babies! Characters not just randomly changing motivation as the script dictates! Again, I think giving Sei and Reiji joint lead status worked well because it gave both intended audiences a character to relate to. Sei's passion for Gundam was often amusing and I loved the fact they were willing to mock him for it just as much as respect it. I really didn't expect much from Reiji going in but the Arian angle made a huge difference and I respect his no nonsense, act with honour style.

However, I don't think the show is 100% perfect. One flaw I think was the RG System, since it left most later fights to be resolved with Build Knuckle. It was logical that upon displaying the shield absorb once everyone would take it out straight off but Build Knuckle just felt too overpowered. Really feels like they could have balanced this more.
    I also didn't really care for the episode with Yuuki's former senior. It was great that the UK got a pressence in the show but this whole plot had too many holes (competitors can give their place to a relative?) and the onscreen action didn't feel nearly as intense as the script made it out to be. You could cut this episode and lose nothing.
    Lastly, I could have done with more explanation on how PPSE was founded. I like how the Chairman and Baker were constantly used to mock audience expectations of the standard 'the world is mine!' antagonists, but the small explanation we get doesn't really explain how they realised the crystal could animate Gunpla.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13