Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

[QUOTE
    Backers

$402,018
    pledged of $150,000 goal

days to go][/QUOTE]

Well, they've made it to four hundred thousand. I wonder how they'll spend the rest of the money?
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We're into the final hours of the campaign and it looks like they have a chance at getting over $600k possibly.

If you haven't donated yet, this is your final opportunity to do so, so let's look at a few things they have to show off.

- $500k stretch goal hit, Standard edition blu-ray donors get audio commentary and a making-of documentary ($50 level), limited-edition donors get a soundtrack and line art book ($100 level and above).
    - Interview with Tokyo Otaku Mode. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just don't like that the funding period ends before you can order the first episode. I assume the second one will have a release like the first that will be available to order just like it, even if you didn't fund it? I'll probably just get that. I'd rather have consistent releases when it's not a property I care all that much about anyway (and with this success, they might be inspired to just keep doing this).
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    I just don't like that the funding period ends before you can order the first episode. I assume the second one will have a release like the first that will be available to order just like it, even if you didn't fund it? I'll probably just get that. I'd rather have consistent releases when it's not a property I care all that much about anyway (and with this success, they might be inspired to just keep doing this).
    I think Trigger set this as the end date so that they could get the actual money and start scheduling production. They can't do that as easily if they keep the Kickstarter open much longer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not really changing my opinion that anime fans in Japan are either giant pervs or have no taste whatsoever with news like that.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    Not really changing my opinion that anime fans in Japan are either giant pervs or have no taste whatsoever with news like that.
    I didn't think the former was still a case left unsolved.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why do I get the sudden mental image of Sucy and R. Dorothy Wayneright sitting around to enjoy a cup of tea while they discuss today's anime fan?
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Overseas orders for the first Blu-ray is available. I can't wait to see the Oricon charts for whenever this hits Japan.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After a long wait, the international edition of Little Witch Academia is now shipping out and finding its way into the hands of fans. This is one good unboxing video for the release, showing off the packaging and the art book that comes with the short. Keep in mind that while said book has Japanese text, a booklet with an English translation is included. Seems like there is a lot packed in there, which might make the product's cost easier to take depending on how much you enjoy this kind of bonus. In terms of raw value, the book's inclusion is not something to be taken for granted - most anime art books from Japan aren't exactly cheap (you're usually dropping around $30 at the floor) and I've paged through ones with less content and / or less content of interest to me than what is in this.

Also, you can go here for a look at a nifty piece of Halloween-themed artwork from Yoh Yoshinari. It was posted just today on twitter & through the LWA 2 kickstarter project.

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    So how long before Trigger decides the Japanese market hates their guts and flees to America?
    Oh how cool would that be, haha. A shame about the canceled event. Nice to see there's an international version now. A bit too much out of my price range for now, but I'll keep an eye on it for sure.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Little Witch Academia

About a couple of months ago i stumbled upon an anime short called Little Witch Academia. I was surprisingly impressed with the show. Has anyone else seen the show? It's on youtube if you want to watch the sub. Please let me know your opinions on the short film, i would really like to know.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trigger's youtube upload is now offline actually, but Little Witch Academia can still be seen on Crunchyroll. Merging the above with the main talkback thread.

A cool thing: an Anime Mirai exhibition is now on display in Japan for the next few days, with LWA featuring prominently. Not sure about the details, but the display of sketches that depict Akko running is pretty darn neat.

CATSUKA - Anime Mirai exhibition soon in Japan....

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was actually about to order the Blu-ray Special the other day, but figuring that is translates to $80+ (8500 yen to be exact), I'm going sit on it a little longer. Definitely want to support Trigger's efforts though, that's for sure.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3