Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Honestly, I would even just shoot for a 13 episode series so long as that translates to splitting the budget in half. Drops the kickstarter goal, and probably makes it easier to find a TV slot/sponsor in Japan.

That said, Trigger definitely is the studio to watch at this point. I hope their kick-starter has some stretch goals, because I wouldn't be surprised if they were given the budget for more than just another OVA.
    Last edited by KarlOlson; 07-08-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All right, the Kickstarter project for the Little Witch Academia sequel is live.

In essence it will definitely be twenty minutes long, but if the project works they want to add 15 minutes onto that for a runtime of approximately 35. I'd venture that won't be a problem, given that as I type this it rocketed past $20,000 and even $30,000 because somebody out there just threw in for the $10,000 reward tier. Their goal is $150,000. If all you're looking to do is have a copy that you own and feel good about yourself, $20 nails you a downloadable copy of the episode + this digital copy of the artbook they're offering too. Swag gets better the higher you go.

Be prepared for a wait, they're scheduling rewards for April 2015 with production wrapping up at the very end of 2014. It'll be worth it though.

For context...when Kick-Heart got funded fans came together to do 200k for that. An international Blu-ray release for the movie cut of Time of Eve hit 215k.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "I funded a full minute of Little Witch Academia 2," read the gravestone of a murdered victim of identity theft after another fan attempted to steal his dinner reward with the Studio Trigger crew.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All right, my socks are well and truly knocked off. I crunched numbers a few minutes ago and taking away donations $1,000 and up, as I type this Little Witch Academia 2 would be 82% funded already. The project has succeeded, passed 178k and become one of the most successful crowdfunded animation-related projects ever. This happened while I was sleeping in ONE NIGHT. It hasn't even been twelve hours.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to bed like 2 hours after funding opened and like I suspected, it's fully backed and still growing without the help of a sleeping portion of anime fandom in the US to put in their own funding in yet. Today is gonna be really interesting to see how much farther it grows as the news spreads that funding opened in what was basically a "stealth" launch. I knew they wanted to do this, but I honestly figured it would be a project that would launch later this summer, not yet. Glad to see them strike while the fire is hot.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Funkatron is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to Kicktraq They are currently trending to $3 million. I'm expecting at least $1 million.

I find it hilarious that gaijins are saving anime

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Kicktraq's initial projections are always wildly skewed. Makes things exciting, but as you point out, completely implausible in most cases.
    Last edited by Matt Hazuda; 07-09-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Left out an "im"
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Funkatron is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    Yeah, Kicktraq's initial projections are always wildly skewed. Makes things exciting, but as you point out, completely plausible in most cases.
    almost 200k in 1 day would certainly skew the numbers. I can see one of two things happening:
    1. Extended episode becomes a 1 cour series
    2. Extended episode becomes full length Ghibli-esque movie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Backers

$207,695
    pledged of $150,000 goal

days to go
    Well, dang. I went to sleep at eleven last night when we were at a mere $74,000. Good on you, western fans of Japanese animation. Everyone at Trigger is probably wasted right now, not like they're have to drive home anyway.

At $200,000 and episode one cour would need a budget of $2,600,000 million. Depending on how these next few days go, that might just happen. Then again, maybe Trigger would like to do a full-on film? If they built off of the first OVA they could easily turn that footage into a first act.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast