Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Voted for Dr. Slump, of course. The casting for the first series is brilliant--not to mention it has Dragon Ball's future production staff! Even if we got the second series we would get a handful of Dragon Ball crossovers, too, so that is something to look forward to!
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Voted for Dr. Slump, of course. The casting for the first series is brilliant--not to mention it has Dragon Ball's future production staff!
    Not to mention the same creator. It also aired on the same network. In fact Dragon Ball even replaced the original show in its Japanese timeslot (moreover, the first episode of Dragon Ball even had a preview that was attached to the original Dr. Slump's final episode), while the Dr. Slump remake replaced Dragon Ball GT, after which it ran for two years before being replaced by One Piece (a non-Toriyama work obviously, but I'm just saying).
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

HellCat is online now Sincere charlatan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gundam X deserves it, if only to kill the stupid rumours the show just ends with no resolution.

Which isn't true, because it starts with Resolution *rimshot*

Casshan is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pc-Famicom64 View Post
    TMS is very expensive (when alot of Japanese studios are lucky to pay their directors 900 dollars a mouth, TMS pays their ink & paint staff that amount, source here 求人情 ), and also, why will Telecom ever sink down that low if they were not in debt, plus TMS is not a ditching ground like Moi or Lotto, TMS has say in their input (I did not have years of studying about TMS for nothing you know); If TMS broke even on First Flight, they will just end up doing a 2th season of The Daughter Of Twenty Faces with Bones, rather then sinking down so low just to bail out of First Flight, plus when the US staff wanted First Flight to be a light hearted cop drama, TMS changed it into a watered down version of Space Adventure Cobra, thats the type of input TMS has with Warner Bros (I also may remind you what they did on Yakko's World (more info here My New Animaniacs Blog ) & Feet Of Clay Part 2 as well) plus Tiny Toons single handedly saved TMS after their Little Nemo bombing, and that the only time TMS ever did outsourcing for a US project (Filmation's Zorro), things ended up really badly (source here テーマ1:「名探偵ホー ズ」(其の2) , translator needed), and to make sure that issue never happens again, TMS demands input for everything they get for the US (I do mind you that Ghibli dose outsource to TMS alot, even as late as Up On Poppy Hill; But what happen on Zorro TMS will never forget) and thats why TMS did LilPri.

About TV Tropes: All I (and my replacement HamSandMan77) do is copy & paste info from what I find from verified members from 2Ch, and what I find I post it in English, that all I ever did over there; The info has bin verified by 2Ch admins/mods and that the members posting the info work for the Japanese animation industry and work for TMS or are freelanced; I will have not post it at TV Tropes otherwise.

Short answer: Telecom word have never did LilPri if First Flight broke even, but it's sister show Aikatsu is doing so well, Telecom has to bring LilPri back as Aikatsu is a Sunrise show and that Daisuki whats original merch for their site.
    TMS isn't as good as they were before, they tried to revive their greatness with Buta though. The best animators in Japan are freelancers anyway. So it's not as important if TMS or Artland is making the animation, the more important thing is if the AD has contacts or not.

The biggest problem for Japanese animators isn't just the budget, it's the schedule and that's the reason behind Kyoani's success because they have the best schedule for their shows in the industry. I know that people hate K-On a lot but that series has some of the best animation I ever seen in Tv, it's very detailed with some of the best Storyboard and Layout work.

The Japanese are the best animators in the world for action scenes and everyone knows that, but when it comes to character acting they were always lacking. Well that's not the case anymore, they are getting better at it and slice of life shows are the main reason.

I know that some people want the Japanese animating American shows again like they did in the past but the Japanese animators don't care. I mean you could hire them but the money isn't enough incentive for them to do it. Paprika budget was 2.6 millions $ and the animation was top notch and I'm sure a lot of those American DTV movies doesn't look as good animation wise, even animating in 1s is overrated as hell, the most talented animators prefer 2s and 3s like Iso Mitsuo for example

The Conan Movies are a good measure for TMS, in the beginning they were good animation wise, now they are average at best. Lost Canvas wasn't really that good and it was supposed to be quite expensive to make, well that's what TMS said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Buta"? I'm not sure which show you mean?
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Pc-Famicom64 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshan View Post
    TMS isn't as good as they were before, they tried to revive their greatness with Buta though. The best animators in Japan are freelancers anyway. So it's not as important if TMS or Artland is making the animation, the more important thing is if the AD has contacts or not.

The biggest problem for Japanese animators isn't just the budget, it's the schedule and that's the reason behind Kyoani's success because they have the best schedule for their shows in the industry. I know that people hate K-On a lot but that series has some of the best animation I ever seen in Tv, it's very detailed with some of the best Storyboard and Layout work.

The Japanese are the best animators in the world for action scenes and everyone knows that, but when it comes to character acting they were always lacking. Well that's not the case anymore, they are getting better at it and slice of life shows are the main reason.

I know that some people want the Japanese animating American shows again like they did in the past but the Japanese animators don't care. I mean you could hire them but the money isn't enough incentive for them to do it. Paprika budget was 2.6 millions $ and the animation was top notch and I'm sure a lot of those American DTV movies doesn't look as good animation wise, even animating in 1s is overrated as hell, the most talented animators prefer 2s and 3s like Iso Mitsuo for example

The Conan Movies are a good measure for TMS, in the beginning they were good animation wise, now they are average at best. Lost Canvas wasn't really that good and it was supposed to be quite expensive to make, well that's what TMS said.
    Tokyo Movie (TMS' main studio) =/= Telecom

Now then 1.Buta was a Telecom effort, also Telecom still has most of it's staff that made them world famous in the first place.

2.Scheduling only is a issue when their are 52+ episodes in a season, in KyoAni's case (and other studios who have their shows at or less then 26 episodes) the series is already completed when the network gets it, KyoAni only gets bigger budgets because of Kyoto's cheaper rent & when there are good animators at times on K-On!, there are times when the animation will make Akom at their worse redeemable, it will at times go that bad.

3.True, looking at Akira (the main star of this), Feet Of Clay Part 2, The Demans Curse & Return Of The Joker is proof that they know how to do action, character acting depends of the studio but comedy is what Telecom is best at with Tiny Toons & Animaniacs.

4.TMS still cares about us (other wise Green Lantern First Flight, Justice League Doom & Superman Vs The Elite will have never been made) and the only reason why Paprika was so cheap was because of Korea, Ghibli's films since Ponyo & Hosoda's stuff since The Girl Who Leapt Through Time were around $30 Million each and that was because they did not used any Korean studios.

5.Justice League Doom & Superman Vs The Elite had alot of outsourcing issues, heck Telecom only had 4 in house animators on both DTVs.

6.As for 1s, I think Disney was the only studio that did that as a main effort, Warner Bros & MGM tend to mostly tended to do 2s (if you ever bothered to freeze frame their shorts (Baby Bottleneck & The Great Piggy Bank Robbery from Warner Bros just being 2 shorts to show off) you will see that the frame will only change every 2 times you press the pause button on your DVD and/or BluRay player when with 1s, the frame changes every time you press the pause button).

7.That is not a good measure as said movies tend to be outsourced to many studios, Telecom only did a few of them, Lost Canvas is not a Telecom project so that is not valid, a better project for this will be Akira (Telecom did do some work on it) and/or Little Nemo (Kondo pilot, but the Hata/Hurtz version is also valid too).

Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    "Buta"? I'm not sure which show you mean?
    Buta was a short film done by Kazuhide Tomonaga (the same guy who did Feat Of Clay Part 2 & Hot Bothered And Bedeviled), more info here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=15036 .
    Last edited by Pc-Famicom64; 05-21-2013 at 05:29 AM.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, so they're doing a total of five polls that will last through most of June. The implied wait for a significant growth in content aside, here's the anime list for the second poll:

Again, I'd strongly counsel voting for anything you find remotely interesting - particularly if there is not a stream for it anywhere.

Things I know I'm voting for already: Escaflowne (do it or you're a communist), Fang of the Sun Dougram, Flag, Pretty Cure stuff, Gaiking, Gear Fighter Dendoh, Gegege no Kitaro, Giant Gorg, Endless Waltz, Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Infinite Ryvius. Many others I need to look into more.

CUTEY HONEY FLASH
    CYBERSIX
    DAILY LIVES OF HIGH SCHOOL BOYS
    Darker than Black
    DEVIL BOY
    DIGIMON
    DIRTY PAIR
    Dog Days
    DR. SLUMP
    DRAGON BALL
    Dragon Quest: THE GREAT ADVENTURE OF DAI
    DRILAND
    DT EIGHTRON
    Durarara!!
    ENERGY BOMB GAMBARUGER
    ESCAFLOWNE
    FANG OF THE SUN DOUGRAM
    Fate/Zero
    Fist of the North Star
    FLAG
    FLAT BROKE SISTERS
    FRESH PRETTY CURE!
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    FUN FUN PHARMACY
    FURIOUS ATARO 2
    GAIKING
    Galaxy Express 999
    GALAXY HIGH SCHOOL
    Gallery Fake
    GASARAKI
    GASH BELL!!
    GEAR FIGHTER DENDOH
    GE-GE-GE NO KITARO
    Genki, The Boy Champ
    Ghost Slayers Ayashi
    GHOST SWEEPER MIKAMI
    GIANT GORG
    Go Nagai's THE DEVIL LADY
    GOLDBANG
    GOLDFISH FORECAST
    GOLDRAN THE BRAVE OF GOLD
    Gravitation
    GU-GU GANMO
    Guilty Crown
    Guin Saga
    GULLIVER BOY
    Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
    GUNPLA BUILDERS BEGINNING G
    Gurren Lagann
    HAKABA KITARO
    HANA YORI DANGO
    HAPPY LUCKY BIKKURIMAN
    HEART CATCH PRETTY CURE!
    HEAVY METAL L-GAIM
    Hell Girl
    HELLO! LADY LYNN
    Hello! Sandybell
    High School ! Kimengumi
    I'M HANI TARO
    INFINITE∞RYVIUS
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Pc-Famicom64 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'M HANI TARO
    This is a typo for Hamtaro (put the N & I together and it looks like a M), please vote for this as there are no legal streams for this anywhere, plus only a hand full of episodes are on DVD outside Japan and there not easy to get, so please vote for this.

People need to know how wonderful Laura & Kana are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, it's not a typo. "Hanitaro Desu" (the Japanese name) was a show made by Toei in the 1990's (1997 to be exact).

Anyway, I would personally recommend against voting for Cybersix and Galaxy High since those are technically western productions that TMS was involved with (plus, they can be seen elsewhere). I plan to vote for Fresh Pretty Cure, but only because I hope it means that the other series will either appear in the next polls or at least be considered. Hello! Lady Lynn is the second season of "Lady Lady!!", and I'll probably vote for that, but only if it means the original series will be considered as well.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

HellCat is online now Sincere charlatan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel some of the titles, like Dragon Ball, perhaps don't deserve a vote because they have such wide exposure already. Obviously it would be awesome if this becomes a massive anime library for fans new and old but my thoughts are on prioritising the stuff that hasn't got its chance outside of Asia.

No vote for Gunpla Builders, GWO? For shame!