Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Just merged 3 different Pizza Cats threads together. Man, that naming decision for the Japanese version is weird, though I suppose it's the most aware and committed fans that are likely to buy it. Hope it does OK for them.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    $80 seems steep, but considering the whole series is 54 episodes, it's not so bad. That's the equivalent of buying two $40 sets of 26 episode series.

That said, even though I'm interested in this series, I'm not sure I want to blind buy an $80 set. Hmm... vhat to do, vhat to do...

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Moreover, the original Japanese version costs $70. You'd think it would be the other way around with the aforementioned Japanese version costing more than the North American "gag dub"* (just saying). It doesn't really seem fair to me especially since there might be some fans of "Samurai Pizza Cats" who aren't anime fans...

*Which, incidentally, was produced by a pre-Power Rangers Saban. Also, fun fact, Pururun ("Polly Esther") was voiced in the aforementioned gag dub by the same voice actress who voices Arthur's mother (i.e., in the PBS series Arthur).
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Dark Fact is offline Preaching evil since '04
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once upon a time, one would have to pay $80 just to get three episodes of a show on tape. 54 episodes for this release of SMC seems more like a steal to me. Discotek went all out to get this show for us and we as fans owe it to ourselves and Discotek to get this set. July 30 can't come soon enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Highwind
    "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST--Here comes a new challenger, we're gonna get one hell of a show! Which one of these fighters will walk away a champion?!"

shippou5 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any download/stream/anything from the new versions? Actually wanna see the both of them

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shippou5 View Post
    Any download/stream/anything from the new versions? Actually wanna see the both of them
    If you're asking if there's a legal means to see them online since talking about pirated material is against the site rules, no there is not. Discotek seems to only have a physical release for both versions of the show.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

shippou5 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    If you're asking if there's a legal means to see them online since talking about pirated material is against the site rules, no there is not. Discotek seems to only have a physical release for both versions of the show.
    awww that sucks. It's like 80$ geez+70$ if I want subtitles too.

Well thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2