Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode 8

Like This Thread!
    Are we supposed to care about Aina? Because she was hardly even a character.

I do care about L-elf's backstory and the girl we saw in the picture last time. Very interesting stuff.

And another battle with the Dorssians. Of course. Well, this time Haruto finally gives in to L-elf's demands, since it's pretty clear that he knows how to win against these guys. Makes sense.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Lelouch is offline Fallen Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this show is certainly getting a lot of flack. I am personally enjoying it quite a bit. Yes it is completely ridiculous majority of the time, but I don't really mind because the show seems to be very aware of its ridiculousness. L-Elf is the most interesting for me thus far, but I also like the student gang. Aina wasn't a major character, but she served as a good reality shock to the students. This new country they formed is right in the middle of a large war, and they need to remember that. I wonder who will pilot the blue valvrave.

Also, loved the flashforward last episode. It was a good hook.

Rob_TF is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Are we supposed to care about Aina? Because she was hardly even a character.
    We're not supposed to care that much about Aina as a character or else she wouldn't die this early, we're supposed to care about the impact her death has on the other characters. It's supposed to be a reality shock to them.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 9

The way they used Inuzuka's feelings for Aina to drive him through this episode worked pretty well for me in the end. I cannot bring myself to care about Thunder for a second, though. Of course, with as much of a joke as he felt like when he finally showed up in his Valvrave, that may be somewhat intentional.

Yeah, that ending revelation of sorts sounds about right. Hopefully that makes things a little more interesting now.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah...Thunder is pretty annoying. I'll be surprised if he actually gets any real development this entire season. Glad they introduced both blue and yellow at the same time though! Seems like both are rather bland compared to the first two, but I guess we will have to wait and see what their special abilities are. So...that leaves just the purple Valvrave left (for now). Hopefully we get another female pilot.

Rob_TF is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The seven characters that seem to be getting pushed the most in merchandising are:
    Haruto
    L-Elf
    Shoko
    Saki
    Kyuma
    Raizo
    Akira

Of that seven, Haruto, Saki, Kyuma and Raizo are now pilots. I don't see either L-Elf or Shoko becoming pilots, they don't seem like the characters who'd be piloting. By process of elimination, Akira is the pilot of VVV6 (the purple one).

And there's also the unfinished orange Valvrave in the tube (VVV2?) to consider.
    Last edited by Rob_TF; 06-08-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Akira is an interesting choice. Apparently the last Valvrave is designed for support/info/hacking so it definitely seems like she is the right fit. However, I do think L-Elf will be piloting eventually. According to the flash forward there should be 7 pilots by the time this is all over.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay they finally dialed down the stupid that has taken over this show!

Boo... its the clinical definition of boring now. =/

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the Valvrave in the tube is Valvrave 07. Considering how, of the Valvraves on JIOR, 02 is the only one missing from the set, my guess is that its complete but just not on JIOR. After all, why put them in a sequential order and then skip a number? Since the one in the tube isn't finished, it'd make more sense as 07.

I'm holding out hope that Valvrave 02 is Cain's secret trump card for the season finale. At this point that's the only thing I can see giving the other Valvraves and L-Elf a challenge considering Dorssia's success rate goes down with each new Valvrave and 06 still hasn't debuted. And a secret enemy Valvrave is probably the only thing L-Elf wouldn't see coming.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)