Quantcast
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546
    JShaggy is offline Waiting for Season 2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Inconsistencies aside such as how North Kai even got his planet restored, the movie was okay. Not great, but the balance of action and comedy made up for it. Funny to see Vegeta put his pride aside in one scene that even he admitted was embarrassing.

Toonzone Anime of the Month Club | Archives
    This month: Descendants of Darkness

TZ Blog
    | YouTube Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
    Inconsistencies aside such as how North Kai even got his planet restored, the movie was okay. Not great, but the balance of action and comedy made up for it. Funny to see Vegeta put his pride aside in one scene that even he admitted was embarrassing.
    This is brought up in the Fuji TV cut of the movie. Beers speculates allowed that when Kaiou had his planet restored the other day he didn't restore it to its original size, so he must like it that size. Toriyama said in a previous interview that Beers came over to play video games one day but lost, so he blew up Kaiou's planet and Kaiou made a new, smaller one from the remains.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
    Inconsistencies aside such as how North Kai even got his planet restored, the movie was okay.
    Seriously. They restored his planet, but they still haven't brought Kai himself back to life? That always bugged me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If he dies while dead he no longer exists, so he's probably thinking it's his time to be gone-gone.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went and saw the movie tonight. I loved how they reverted back to the style of Dragonball by mixing good comedy and action together. The forced comedy in GT was one of the things that killed it.

I thought FUNi did a great job with the dub here. I loved how Goku focused solely on the fighting instead of listening to anything North Kai told him. One of my two questions was brought up here, and that is when did North Kai have his planet restored. The other is since when does Shenlong only have the ability to grant 1 wish again? I seem to recall Dende making it where he could grant two wishes, but here it was magically back down t oone.

I actually thought the best part was after the movie. Don't get me wrong. I loved the story and the introduction of Beers , but FUNi actually aired Cha La Head Cha La as the closing song, and while it was a huge surprise to hear it I was even more surprised to find out that FUNi dubbed the song.

And while I doubt it's a sign of things to come, I can't help but wonder if since Beers mentioned he is only one of 13 Gods of Destruction that Toriyama could be hinting at a new series in the future.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    I thought FUNi did a great job with the dub here. I loved how Goku focused solely on the fighting instead of listening to anything North Kai told him. One of my two questions was brought up here, and that is when did North Kai have his planet restored. The other is since when does Shenlong only have the ability to grant 1 wish again? I seem to recall Dende making it where he could grant two wishes, but here it was magically back down t oone.
    Toriyama probably did not remember that Shen Long could grant more than one wish and nobody cared to correct him. Then again, Shen Long doesn't actually grant any wishes in this movie. He shows up and answers a question before realizing Beers is in the vicinity then runs off meekly.

I actually thought the best part was after the movie. Don't get me wrong. I loved the story and the introduction of Beers , but FUNi actually aired Cha La Head Cha La as the closing song, and while it was a huge surprise to hear it I was even more surprised to find out that FUNi dubbed the song.
    It wasn't dubbed, FLOW created an English version for the international masters.

And while I doubt it's a sign of things to come, I can't help but wonder if since Beers mentioned he is only one of 13 Gods of Destruction that Toriyama could be hinting at a new series in the future.
    Beers never reveals how many Destruction Gods there are. He says there are twelve universes and he is the Destruction God for this one, the seventh. For all we know there is no Destruction God for a few universes, just as there is currently only the Kaiou-shin of the East and the Dai-Kaiou-shin.

TheGreatOne2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Funimation announced Wednesday that it will release Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods on Blu-ray and DVD in North America on October 7. The home video release will include two versions of the film: an uncut version with an additional 20 minutes of footage not shown in theaters, and the theatrical cut.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...october/.77826

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne2 View Post
    Funimation announced Wednesday that it will release Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods on Blu-ray and DVD in North America on October 7. The home video release will include two versions of the film: an uncut version with an additional 20 minutes of footage not shown in theaters, and the theatrical cut.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...october/.77826
    Companions,

can't wait to check it out.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You know as much fun and amusement I got from this film, I can't imagine how it would of been 20 minutes longer. Maybe the party bits were longer in the uncut version as maybe we got to here Piccolo sing an entire Celine Dion number.... wonder if I'm the only one who even gets that's a joke to Alternate Reality Dragon Ball Z (which had Piccolo sing karoke years before this made it official canon BTW... in case anyone cares) but seriously, what did they cut from this movie there's a much longer version of it?
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    You know as much fun and amusement I got from this film, I can't imagine how it would of been 20 minutes longer. Maybe the party bits were longer in the uncut version as maybe we got to here Piccolo sing an entire Celine Dion number.... wonder if I'm the only one who even gets that's a joke to Alternate Reality Dragon Ball Z (which had Piccolo sing karoke years before this made it official canon BTW... in case anyone cares) but seriously, what did they cut from this movie there's a much longer version of it?
    All of the additions and changes made to the film are listed here. A lot of what was initially removed after being storyboarded was character interactions. The original storyboard is two hours long, but the film was cut to eighty-five minutes because it was believed "kids can't sit still for such a long time."

Film Director Hosoda Masahiro revealed that originally the other Z-Warriors did a lot more, too. In fact, after Gokuu loses again everyone--even Mister Satan--came up to face Beers in Gokuu's stead. You can read about this stuff a little more in-depth in the Kanzenshuu Movie Guide.

Even though the movie had half of what was cut restored, the movie still feels like it could have even more. Beers and Whis easily carry the movie.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546