Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

A new interview with Toriyama has been leaked. If Toriyama is involved with the next film he would like to cast Vegeta as the protagonist.

Well, isn't this nice news to have. I hope this comes through, a story focusing on Vegeta's reaction to Battle of Gods would be wonderful.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, I like Vegeta, but as the protagonist, I hope he wouldn't do anything too annoying. X_X
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The full interview where Toriyama discusses what he would like to do with a potential future film.

As for Vegeta, in the event that there’s talk of another animated film, then next time, I’d like him to play the main role. (Of course, this is nothing more than intentions, and I haven’t decided anything at all.)
    Let's hope this gains some traction. Seeing how Vegeta powers up after losing to Beers would be a lot of fun.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On 22 March an extended cut of Battle of Gods will air on Fuji TV. Yamada Eiko is has recorded new lines as Mai. Director Hosoda Masahiro previously revealed that the original script and storyboard for the film ran for two hours, including fight scenes with the other characters. The staff wanted the film to run for eighty-five minutes, however, so much of the storyboards were not animated. I really hope this broadcast includes all of those scrapped scenes.

Yamada and Genda Tesshou, the voice of Shuu.

EDIT: Here is the quote from the Official Movie Guide regarding the deleted scenes.

“Only, in the end, we expanded the scenario too much, and at the storyboarding phase, we had already gone very much over [the intended length], so as a result, we cut down quite a bit. (laughs)

In the scenario, the Z-Warriors played a larger role, so I would have liked to put more of that to video, if possible. Each of them has their fans, after all, and I think they’ve all trained and gotten stronger.

Also, we shortened the breaks in the fight [and such], and managed to just barely get it within the allotted time. Contrary [to what you'd expect], I think concentrating it [made it more] impressive.
    — Masahiro Hosoda, Battle of Gods Official Movie Guide
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 03-05-2014 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Added quote.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    <JacobYBM> Does anyone recall what time the broadcasts for Episode of Nami, Luffy, and Merry ended?
    <&kViN> フジテレビ 2012-08-25(土) 21:00
    <&usagi> 2012-08-25(土) 21:00 130
    <&usagi> 130 minutes
    Episode of Nami aired in a 130 minute timeslot despite only being 106 minutes long. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is airing in a 130 minute timeslot despite the original theatrical runtime being 85 minutes. Fifteen or twenty minutes of new animation might just be possible. Take this with a grain of salt, folks.

Each thirty minute timeslot usually has about six minutes of commercials, too. This is looking very interesting.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm, but will any of it ever be seen on home video. Well, I suppose there's always the possibility of a "director's cut" release or something.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When One Piece: Episode of Alabasta premiered on Fuji TV about a year after its theatrical run it received a new fifteen minute long opening sequence that retold the Whiskey Peak chapters (Luffy versus Zoro was key animated by Tate Naoki). This put the film at 105 minutes but near as I can tell the extended release was never released on home video. As such, I have no expectations this new material will wind up on a home video release. That way, when it does in a decade I can not remember this conversation at all and then say "hey, finally!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kakinuma Shino is voicing Videl in Dragon Ball Kai. This makes me wonder if she will voice Videl for the 22 March broadcast of this film. If Videl has extra lines in these new scenes then the entire role might be replaced. There is the possibility that extra lines were recorded to the storyboards, however. That is not uncommon whenever an episode is behind schedule, after all. Then again, Videl might not have any extra dialogue at all.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A commercial aired to advertise the broadcast on 22 March. Included was a brief look at a new scene.

Fascinating.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The westerner producer for the film, Gyarmath Bogdan, has confirmed that the runtime for the special edition airing at 9PM on 22 March has twenty minutes of new scenes. What do these new scenes entail? Check out Kanzenshuu!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, I would really like to see the new scenes, especially the one about Bills and Whiss.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    Hmm, I would really like to see the new scenes, especially the one about Bills and Whiss.
    Beers and Whis~! They're alcohol puns.

cronoa7x is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New DBZ Battle of Gods Intro

DBZ Battle of Gods just premiered in Japan and it had a brand new intro along with several new scenes not shown in theaters.

Go here to check out all the new scenes.

Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods Movie - Special New Intro | Anime N Gaming

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Videl appears to be voiced by Kakinuma Shino for new dialogue, but Minaguchi Yuuko for the theatrical release dialogue.

A run-down of the additions can be found here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Herms from Kanzenshuu is at a convention in Hawaii where Nozawa Masako is a guest.

Nozawa heavily implied that there's more to come, movie-wise. Should probably have taken notes on this part or something...

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21