Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

My! How arrogant. I hope they learned some humility.

Also, why is it funny in Hindsight? Because 2D animation is pretty much dead in America?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    My! How arrogant. I hope they learned some humility.

Also, why is it funny in Hindsight? Because 2D animation is pretty much dead in America?
    That is one part of it. Our inflexibility has been a big part of what has lowered the interest in hand-drawn animation. The other part is that it's easier to laugh at these things in hindsight.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like when I go and read early 4kids dub news on One Piece,where they promised they would treat the show just right. That's hilarious! And by hilarious I mean OH GOD WHYYYYYYY...

*There's no uncut One Piece dub in LatAM. I hate Toei.

KhanhCPham is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I must say I am impress with this post. I have an interest in anime and I have been trying to attempt an anime style animation. I am no where near as the level as the pros. This post is good research for me.

Cookiefication is offline ¯\(º_o)/¯
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, looky! I (finally) made a new Iwane MAD. The first part is mostly his more recent work like Origins and XY, while the rest is mostly some stuff from some years ago. And yeah, I couldn't keep myself from reusing some of my favorite cuts from the first video. Infernape VS Garchomp just went so well with "Be an Arrow!"

Music used:
    "Be An Arrow!" - Matsumoto Rica
    "Darkrai Risks Its Life" - Shinji Miyazaki, from the 10th Pokemon movie soundtrack
    "Battle Frontier" - Takaya Akina

So ya, share it with your friends and stuff. Get 'em excited for that upcoming XY Mega Evolution special. :P

BTW, that Tamagawa post is still incoming. I've been trying to make some gifs but I can't seem to get them working properly.
    Last edited by Cookiefication; 03-18-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Replaced the old video with the updated one.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iwane's work for Diamond & Pearl episode #191 might very well be his best thanks to the animated backgrounds. The manner in which Goukazaru is also simply sublime. I still can't believe how he and Asada Yuuji managed to work so much during those final days of Diamond & Pearl. They and Tomioka Atsuhiro must have begun planning long ahead of time.

I'm looking forward to the Mega Evolution special, too. Iwane must be happy to be able to draw Mega Lizardon X again. Speaking of which, I'm glad to see he got to do a full Lizardon x Kairyuu fight. He wasn't involved in the two episode battle with Yuuji!

Be An Arrow was a good song choice. One of these days I'd like to do something with Type: Wild. That song is pure genius.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 03-18-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lizardon vs Kairyuu fight comes from EP #253 of the original series, supervised by Iwane. There are a couple of cool battle scenes in the second half. The DBZ clips are from #234 and #266.

Yeah, I totally agree with you on Type: Wild. That song is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just gonna take a moment to say how much I love Mori Hisashi.

His animation is crazy cool. It's extremely effective at conveying powerful motion.

I love how free and loose his linework/artwork can be, and his crazy sense of timing.

^These are from last year's Doraemon movie.

Here are a couple from last year's Pretty Cure movie.

So much goodness.

More recently, Mori was an animation supervisor for Space Dandy #11. Gifs of his animation from that episode can be found on his Sakugabooru page.
    Last edited by Cookiefication; 03-25-2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Fixed a quite Engrish-y typo.

Cookiefication's Cookie Fixations - Tumblr! My animations and whatever else go in there.

Latest Update: 4/18/2014

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOW. 0_0

That is some great work! I need to see tht One Piece OVA! Good to knows he's still doing animation.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    WOW. 0_0

That is some great work! I need to see tht One Piece OVA! Good to knows he's still doing animation.
    Pretty awesome, isn't it? That gif is from One Piece movie #9, Episode of Chopper. I actually haven't seen the movie yet myself, but I know that some great animators worked on it, including Tanaka Hironori!

Cookiefication's Cookie Fixations - Tumblr! My animations and whatever else go in there.

Latest Update: 4/18/2014

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the way Luffy moves in that gif. It's very distinct and lively.

I have such a backlog to get through, it's terrifying. I think we should definitely take a moment to catch Nakazawa Kazuto. Nakazawa has been on a one-man mission to make Kuroko no Baske the most awesome-looking sports cartoon ever. The work he and Ishida Kei'ichi have done recently just blows me mind. They're doing well-timed and very complex animation action cuts in incredible volume. Sakugabooru has a tag for the aforementioned series. The gifs themselves are incredibly exciting, I can't imagine how thrilling they are within the context of the episodes themselves.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9