Quantcast
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    kraker2k Tweeted this hilarious story the other day:

Gonna post an amusing little tale from Obari's twitter: Obari: I once read an anime magazine which had the staff list for a certain new show called Machine **bo that was about to air soon. >>>

>>> When I saw that the [animation supervisor] for ep 1 was "TBA" I thought to myself "Things must be really tough if they don't have staff for episode 1, >>>

>>> oh well, it has nothing to do with me (laughs)" - the next thing I knew, I ended up become the AD.

He used a hashtag that roughly means "Since it's summer, tell your followers a scary story"
    Thanks to Oobari Masami's Twitter. What a guy.

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That must be stressful, being called in so last second.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It came to my attention recently that there was a tenth anniversary short for the Gundam franchise produced alongside the 1989 original video animation series Kidou Senshi Gundam 0080: Pocket no Naka no Sensou called All That Gundam. The short is a glorious little nod to the Gundam series up to that point and features the super talents of four of the industries finest mecha animators. I love the animated background from Matsuo Shin as the RX-78 leaves the White Base hanger. Backgrounds never feel organic in action cuts when they don't move through actual drawings. Oohira Shinya really outdid himself with the debris effects, too. It's a shame he doesn't work on Gundam anymore, his effects would look awesome in a series like Gundam Build Fighters.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

According to this tumblr post, Yoshibe Naoki did these rather lively cuts from One Piece 3D2Y. I love the manner in which Yoshibe drew the lines on Luffy as he punches or is hit. The speed lines really bring out a sense of intensity and anger. The depth of Luffy's chest and torso muscles as they puff out is also really great. Not to mention the manner in which the camera turns to follow Luffy's Gatling.

Casshan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Free eternal summer animation was really amazing. The swimming scenes in particular were absolutely stunning, Kyoani are so profesional in their work.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've never gotten around to watching Free! or any Kyouto Animation work outside of a few episodes of Nichijou. I do agree, however, that their work is really strong. From what I've heard they have longer production schedules and their own in-house school for animators, meaning there is more talent on hand to match their usual standards.

Speaking of high-quality work, I've recently taken the plunge into Love Lab and absolutely loved the series to death. Every part of the series is crafted incredibly well, especially the manner in which the animation says just as much about the characters as the dialogue or the voice performances. It would be a definite shame if a second series was not created.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I've never gotten around to watching Free! or any Kyouto Animation work outside of a few episodes of Nichijou. I do agree, however, that their work is really strong. From what I've heard they have longer production schedules and their own in-house school for animators, meaning there is more talent on hand to match their usual standards.

Speaking of high-quality work, I've recently taken the plunge into Love Lab and absolutely loved the series to death. Every part of the series is crafted incredibly well, especially the manner in which the animation says just as much about the characters as the dialogue or the voice performances. It would be a definite shame if a second series was not created.

The most amazing thing about love lab is the amount of talented young animators in it. They were on fire in that show, there's so much talent in the anime industry right now that good schedule is the main issue if you want a polished work.

Amagi is animated by the younger generation in Kyoani and is working very nicely so far.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Indeed, that's perhaps the most fascinating aspect of the industry. It's hard to think of any industry where there is such consistent and outstanding work from the young generation.

I've been meaning to give Amagi a look. What's seen on the sakugabooru looks incredible. Production committees would be wise to allow for longer schedules and to invest in more training opportunities. It's a shame Anime Mirai has died out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Indeed, that's perhaps the most fascinating aspect of the industry. It's hard to think of any industry where there is such consistent and outstanding work from the young generation.

I've been meaning to give Amagi a look. What's seen on the sakugabooru looks incredible. Production committees would be wise to allow for longer schedules and to invest in more training opportunities. It's a shame Anime Mirai has died out.
    Anime mirai died?

BTW, the people in animenewsnetwork has to be the most ignorant fans about how things work in this industry. It's amazing, sometimes hilarious and other times very sad.

People has this idea that more drawings is equal to better animation and it's really cool to see how Iso Mitsuo destroys that. People don't see how the animation in anime is about the modulation of the frames. I agree with the person who said in a Spanish articule that limited animation is an incorrect term to describe modern anime and selective animation would be the right one, there are moments where the animation is full.

There're even moments of lip sync in anime, especially when it's a key scene. Kyoani and Gainax tend to do it more often than the others he says and he has some examples like Naruto and K-on in it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    'Died out' as in 'no longer seems relevant to the government or fans'. Government funding seems to be going more so towards 'Cool Japan', rather than Anime Mirai and with it, near as I can tell, prominence.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920