• 3 - Average

0 0%
  • 2 - Fair

0 0%
  • 1 - Poor

0 0%
  • 0 - Kill it with Fire!

0 0%
    JShaggy is offline Happy People ClickPLAY! Rainbow Champion BioGems Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anime of the Month (05/2012) - Fate/Zero

Like This Thread!

This month's AotM is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night:

The entire first season from Aniplex can be watched online via hulu, Crackle, and Crunchyroll (season two is also available there).

Synopsis:
    http://www.fatezerousa.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by FateZeroUSA.com
    This is the story that goes back to zero, back to the beginning.

The ultimate battle royal, in which seven Masters vying for control of the miracle-granting Holy Grail summon seven Servants and fight until only one remains... The Holy Grail War.

After three inconclusive wars, the fuse has now been lit once again for the fourth time.

The Mages rush to the battleground of Fuyuki, each with long-held dreams of victory riding on their shoulders. However, among them is one man who can see no meaning in his own struggle. His name is Kirei Kotomine.

Unable to comprehend fate's plan for him, Kirei is constantly plagued with doubt and uncertainty as to why a Command Seal has been granted to him. Before long, however, his destiny to fight causes him to cross paths with an old enemy.
    This enemy is Kiritsugu Emiya.

Harder than anyone else, more merciless than anyone else, he is a man who covets the cup of miracles.

This is the reality of the 4th Holy Grail War that was held 10 years ago that was only alluded to in the wildly popular game, Fate/stay night. What really happened in the fight between Shiro's foster father, Rin's father, and a young Kirei Kotomine will be revealed here!
    Discuss your thoughts about the series, but keep all potential spoilers to a minimum. Also, don't forget to rate the series when you're finished.

ATTENTION!!: For the purpose of this thread, all discussion should be limited to the first season. If you wish to discuss the second season that is currently running in Japan, please do so in the appropriate talkback thread: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?287791

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice, it's been a while since I was the first to nominate something and it won. So yeah, Fate/Zero. The best of the fall season (not counting Gintama'), and the second season is not only the best of the spring season, but far better than the first season. I can't wait to see where it will go. Will it only keep getting better? Is that even possible? I look forward to finding out! And I haven't even seen Fate/stay night! Or played it, or anything. This is my first and, until someone gets Fate/stay night back into print or I can find the previous release for a reasonable price, only exposure to the Fate universe. And I do love it. Unfortunately, I also can't afford to buy Aniplex's Blu-ray boxes, so I'm hoping they come out with a more affordable release of the series before too long.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Unfortunately, I also can't afford to buy Aniplex's Blu-ray boxes, so I'm hoping they come out with a more affordable release of the series before too long.
    Yeah, we shouldn't hold our breath on that one. I've long given up on getting Garden of Sinners--on Blu-ray--cheaply. And I do want it.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaping Larry Jojo View Post
    Yeah, we shouldn't hold our breath on that one. I've long given up on getting Garden of Sinners--on Blu-ray--cheaply. And I do want it.
    Well yeah, I don't expect on Blu-ray for a loew price anytime soon; I'm just hoping they do what they're doing with Garden of Sinners and release it on DVD for a cheap price, and then maybe a few years down the line, do the same for the Blu-ray.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)