Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FUNimation has Eureka Seven: AO and King of Thorn

Like This Thread!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-anime-central

I guess this means Bandai Entertainment is thoroughly toast for real. I still feel kinda numb about it. I wonder if FUNi will hire Bang! Zoom! for dubbing duties or use the (almost) entirely new cast as an excuse to record in Texas. Stephanie Sheh should return though as she's done work for FUNi and Eureka does appear.

As for King of Thorn, I've read the manga. Other than its left-field ending is one hell of a ride. I have no idea how faithful the anime is to the manga though.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the only "Bandai" that's left is Namco Bandai. Though, they only license games that come from Japan.

But all in all, this' awesome news .
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That just leaves Hyouka as the only show of the season I wanted to watch that doesn't get a "simulcast" of sorts (and it would be nice if something similar happened for it). With no US companies even doing that much for this until now, I was getting worried about the potential for a future home video release, but I'm glad to see FUNimation announce it now. That means they'll probably get the first season if it goes out of print.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The King of Thorn movie has already gotten its dub cast together and the dub is either done or in-progress: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-of-thorn-cast
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-anime-central

I guess this means Bandai Entertainment is thoroughly toast for real. I still feel kinda numb about it. I wonder if FUNi will hire Bang! Zoom! for dubbing duties or use the (almost) entirely new cast as an excuse to record in Texas. Stephanie Sheh should return though as she's done work for FUNi and Eureka does appear.

As for King of Thorn, I've read the manga. Other than its left-field ending is one hell of a ride. I have no idea how faithful the anime is to the manga though.
    I heard Eureka shows up does anyone else though? Because if she's the only returning character who wouldn't logically have a voice change (ie, the kids) then they don't need Bang Zoom to dub the show because as you mentioned, Sheh has recorded for them before. If Renton shows up they can easily enough get JYB as well.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    I heard Eureka shows up does anyone else though? Because if she's the only returning character who wouldn't logically have a voice change (ie, the kids) then they don't need Bang Zoom to dub the show because as you mentioned, Sheh has recorded for them before. If Renton shows up they can easily enough get JYB as well.
    From what I've read, the continuity (if any) is murky and ambiguous for the moment. No kids yet.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson