Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well, it would seem some digging is in order then. It would be worth figuring out whether PSG was animated in 480p or not. If it was a standard def show, Blu-Ray is a waste anyway. In fact, FUNi should find that out, because if they can make the case "hey, this is the actual quality of the show," at least in this case, they might salvage sales.

That said, I think FUNi has their finger closer to the pulse of otakudom than you'd expect. If people told them at panels and cons they were passing over titles that didn't have blu-ray releases, they'd pick up on it and relay it. They'd also be able to look at aggregate sales data and see that DVD only titles might be lagging across the board vs. combo releases. They are a very dynamic and insightful company in that regard.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    FUNimation wisely marketing Garterbelt with a clip from the Transformers episode. Wonder who's voicing not-Optimus and not-Megatron?

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    FUNimation wisely marketing Garterbelt with a clip from the Transformers episode. Wonder who's voicing not-Optimus and not-Megatron?

Yeah, I can't tell with those voice effects combined with their imitations of the real voice actors (I assume). The latter is Chris Rager perhaps?
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234