• Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

1 9.09%
  • Princess Jellyfish

2 18.18%
    JShaggy is offline Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anime of the Month Nominations (05/2012)

Like This Thread!
    The purpose of Anime of the Month is to highlight a different anime title each month (as chosen by YOU, the toonzone public) that may not get as much exposure out in the mainstream. This gives people an opportunity to watch something new that otherwise they might not have even seen before.

There are rules, however, that need to be followed when posting in this nomination thread.

╰ Only one (1) nomination per toonzone member. Any nominations after your first one will NOT be accepted. In addition, please DO NOT post lists in this thread, as they will not be read or tolerated.
    ╰ Multiple nominations of the same title will be taken into account in deciding what goes into the poll. In most cases, an anime title with the most nominations may more than likely be the one chosen for the month.

In addition, when nominating a title, you MUST adhere to the following (newbies please read before posting, as these guidelines are subject to change):

* Previous AotM titles cannot be nominated. To see a complete list of recent titles, please visit the Official toonzone Anime of the Month Archives (via Google Docs).

* If a new season of a previous AotM title has been announced or has aired long after the original was discussed in recent thread(s), it may be given some consideration (as it has happened before in the past with some titles).

* Any anime that has been shown, announced, or is scheduled to be shown on American national television during the past 4-5 years (mostly ruling out any anime that has been shown on Adult Swim, SyFy (formerly SciFi Channel), G4, Cartoon Network, 4KidsTV, etc.) cannot be nominated, since they probably have more than enough exposure already (rule subject to change). 1st NOTE: This rule does not apply to anime that is available on various Video-on-Demand platforms or special services (i.e.: Anime Network, FUNimation Channel, etc.), nor does it apply to anime shown on premium channels (i.e.: Showtime Beyond, Starz/Encore Action, IFC) since not everyone has access to digital cable or satellite service.

* Only anime that has been officially released in the U.S. via legal means (on DVD/BluRay, online, VoD, etc.) can be nominated. They don't necessarily have to be English-dubbed releases, so long as they are subtitled in English. If an anime title has been licensed, but does not yet have an official street date for release, they may still be nominated if available through other means. 1st NOTE: Fansub and fandub discussions are a no-no at toonzone (as defined in the Forum Rules), so don't nominate those. 2nd NOTE: To better understand what is considered as a legal source and/or what is deemed as eligible, please visit the Guide and Thread for Free, Legally Streaming Anime.

* Anime television series, feature-length movies, OVAs and OADs are all equally acceptable. In the case of releases spanning multiple DVD, Blu-Ray and/or VHS volumes, discussions should be limited to at least the first 4-6 episodes (particularly volume 1 of a regular release). Later releases may be discussed, but spoilers beyond the first volume should be omitted or placed in spoiler tags.

* Due to the limited time period for Anime of the Month titles, which are now posted at the beginning of the month as opposed to midway, any new titles that are released beyond the first week or two should not be nominated until the next month.

As always, any other questions, comments, or suggestions may be discussed here if it's towards improving the selection process in this thread.

Nominations will be open until Wednesday (or after we reach a maximum of 15 nominees, whichever comes first), after which a poll will appear at the top of this thread and remain in place for five (5) days thereafter. In the event of a tie, a runoff poll will be posted in a separate thread, in which members will only have 24 hours to vote.

Understood?

Good.

The floor is now open for nominations.

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to nominate Persona 4:The Animation again.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kanon (2005) again.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fate/Zero
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once again, I nominate one of my new favorite animes: Chrome Shelled Regios. I want it to win this time!!!
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade is on Hulu now, both subbed and dubbed, so I'll put in a nomination for that. One of several good things that I'm overdue to look at.

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

jlaking is offline Brainiac is someplace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will nominate 'Princess Jellyfish' this month.
    If you want the FUNimation Channel, click here for more information (remember if there is no demand for it, you will never get it).

JShaggy is offline Happy People
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AotM (May 2012) Voting Going On Now!

The voting process for May's Anime of the Month has now started. There are six (6) titles to choose from. You will have until Wednesday afternoon at 3:28pm EST to make your choice.

Good luck!