GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Medaka Box" Series Talkback

Like This Thread!

Animated by Gainax, Medaka Box is an action comedy based on the ongoing shonen manga created by Nisio Isin (Bakemonogatari, Katanagatari). It is a part of Crunchyroll's spring 2012 lineup and has been licensed for the R1 market by Sentai Filmworks. Episodes 1-2 are now available for everyone, with episode 3 streaming for Crunchyroll subscribers. New episodes will be added and updated on Thursdays at 1:30 AM Eastern. Medaka Box streams to the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

As always, all episodes can accessed through Crunchyroll's show page.

Series Description:

The gorgeous, peerless student council president, Medaka Kurokami, solves everyone's problems! Medaka Kurokami, who has just become Sandbox Academy's 98th student council president, sets up a suggestion box as promised in her election campaign. "Your dreams belong to you. Go after them and make them come true yourself. Your worries, however, belong to me. Send them all my way!!" As Medaka solves her fellow students' problems along with her friend since childhood, Zenkichi Hitoyoshi, her suggestion box, nicknamed the Medaka Box, earns great popularity among the students.
    Comments?
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Divinenega is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show is definently a true test of the phrase "it gets better". I just hope enough people stick with it to get to the shift in tone that will happen in about five weeks...still fairly fun for what it is right now though.

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 3

I guess introducing new recurring characters means that at least they're progressing the plot in some capacity. I really shouldn't have to wait five more weeks for it to get good when it will almost be over by that point. Unfortunately, this episode continues the trend of telling two stories in one, and therefore making both seem fairly trivial, but at least they did transition between the two well enough, and the second part is clearly setup for something more, so that hopefully this won't continue to be the format for several more episodes.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)