Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Though I'm not a fan of the franchise, I'm sorry if it doesn't end up in better hands than those of 4Kids, considering it has a lot of them who I'm sure wish to see it treated better than it has been.

However, that's not the only thing I'm here to say anything about...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    Pretty much all anime are commercials. It's just more obvious with Duel Monsters. In Japan, the purpose of nearly all anime is to sell figures, DVD's, and other merch.
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    Yeah. Even in America, shows have to push merchandise to get on the air.
    And in failing economies like the US still is, these comments are winners. Cold Hard Truth spoken! And even then, when the economy is the exact opposite of failing (which won't happen soon enough), these comments will still ring nothing but the truth. I'm just sorry more people like yourselves I'm glad have done for the most part still don't get this...

Even though I wish it wasn't this way, just like a lot people would, too...
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png

A better future for everyone (who loves their animation like family) lies in not invoking this triforce in any way, shape, or form....

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks, you are very kind!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Those are good points about how animated series, regardless of where they come from, are commercials for merchandise. I usually see toyetic series as whose main reason for being made in the first place is the promote the toys and other merchandise, such as with Pokemon and Digimon. Even though DM focuses on the card game, the fact that it's an adaptation of the manga series and wasn't bond to the newest booster paces like with the spin-off series doesn't make me see the series as toyetic. But that's just me and I don't want to continue to go off-topic with this discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's Official! Saban/Kidsco has bought the licence to Yu-Gi-Oh!
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-us$10-million

Any Thoughts?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I was expecting for 4Kids to let the auction go on longer, especially when the judge did approve of it, so that they could possibly get more money out it. Plus, I was kind looking forward to seeing what other companies would bid on the license, but I guess 4Kids wanted money in the more immediate future, instead of waiting a bit longer. Considering that Saban already has the CW block, although I'm still questioning if that's really worth it in the long run, I guess it makes sense that Saban would get the license. I wonder if that also means that they get all of those other shows and properties 4Kids was putting up for sale. I don't think most of those shows would be worth much to Saban, or any other company for that matter.

Though, hopefully Saban will be able to treat the franchise better than 4Kids has in the last few years. I could easily see them getting Zexal to air on Nick or Nicktoons, which as much as I dislike the series would be good for getting more kids exposed to the franchise. They'll be able to provide DVD releases, but I can't see them re-releasing the 4Kids dubs outside of the anniversary movie and what they've dubbed of Zexal. The sales were pretty poor given how long it took them to release just the first season of GX and I don't think that there's a strong demand for the 4Kids dubs to be released or re-released on DVD. Though, I could see them putting those episodes available online through Hulu or streaming them through Netflix, so they'll probably be available in some format. Hopefully, this will lead to good things for the franchise.

I'm curious to see how they'll handle Zexal once the transition period is over and what voice actors they'll get, as I'm still pretty sure that they won't keep the current cast for their dub. I honestly do hope that they won't take down the legal subs on Hulu. I know that it's unlikely for them to redub the previous three series, but at the very least, I hope that Saban won't just ignore the demand for uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! by taking down those subs of 5D's and Zexal and maybe after they get their dub of Zexal up and running, they can do more with sub releases at least. It would be a shame to just get rid of that after 4Kids has subbed so many episodes already and actually tried to appeal to the older fanbase through those subs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario;3997053
    They'll be able to provide DVD releases, but I can't see them re-releasing the 4Kids dubs outside of the anniversary movie and what they've dubbed of Zexal. The sales were pretty poor given how long it took them to release just the first season of GX and I don't think that there's a strong demand for the 4Kids dubs to be released or re-released on DVD. Though, I could see them putting those episodes available online through Hulu or streaming them through Netflix, so they'll probably be available in some format. Hopefully, this will lead to good things for the franchise.

I'm curious to see how they'll handle Zexal once the transition period is over and what voice actors they'll get, as I'm still pretty sure that they won't keep the current cast for their dub. I honestly do hope that they won't take down the legal subs on Hulu. I know that it's unlikely for them to redub the previous three series, but at the very least, I hope that Saban won't just ignore the demand for uncut [AUTOLINK
    Yu-Gi-Oh![/AUTOLINK] by taking down those subs of 5D's and Zexal and maybe after they get their dub of Zexal up and running, they can do more with sub releases at least. It would be a shame to just get rid of that after 4Kids has subbed so many episodes already and actually tried to appeal to the older fanbase through those subs.
    First, while i know that there is some doubts with the 4Kids Dubs of the Past series being released onto DVD due to low sales, I don't think that would stop saban for releasing episodes of DM epsically a Yu-Gi-Oh The Complete 4th Season. Things could turn around, but saban could also find ways to promote for fans to get the DVD's. I Know that they're probably hasn't been much demand for 4Kids DVD's of the Past series, but like i said before things could change for the better. I Just hope that this year we will get a Bonds Beyond Time DVD Release.

Second. You're absolutely right that they won't likely redub anything, but i can see for the right hand reasons that they can still provide subs on hulu. As for that matter, i recently read in a court document that they are allowed to keep the 4Kids logo on their past dubs, so probably means like what happened with Pokemon Classic Episodes, No redubs, They will have Yu-Gi-Oh air on the new CW Block, And They transferred the hulu licence of the 4 Series to them, so that's why they are still going to be on hulu.

So it just look like to some people including me that Saban will have no redubs at any time because they are just too unlikely to happen at any time. Though, i'm not saying that it's not wrong to hope and dream that it will happen, it's just that it's probably unlikely that i will happen in my perspective.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    First, while i know that there is some doubts with the 4Kids Dubs of the Past series being released onto DVD due to low sales, I don't think that would stop saban for releasing episodes of DM epsically a Yu-Gi-Oh The Complete 4th Season. Things could turn around, but saban could also find ways to promote for fans to get the DVD's. I Know that they're probably hasn't been much demand for 4Kids DVD's of the Past series, but like i said before things could change for the better. I Just hope that this year we will get a Bonds Beyond Time DVD Release.
    I've said before that DM probably has the best chance of getting a DVD release, but even then I don't think that the chances are that great. While 4Kids was probably having a really hard time with finding a distributor, or being able to afford one, the fact that Funimation stopped being the distributor for Yu-Gi-Oh! DVDs says a lot regarding their sales. Maybe if Zexal DVDs, which will definitely come out at some point, turn out well they'll consider re-releasing the 4Kids dubs, but I think it's more likely that the dubs will just be available on Netflix or Hulu. It would probably be easier for them to manage and fans of the dubs will still be able to see the 4Kids versions, so it isn't like they're going to disappear if they don't get a DVD release. I really doubt that the GX and 5D's dubs are going to get a DVD release anytime soon though. I'm pretty sure that Bonds Beyond Time is going to come out. It would be a good way for them to test out the waters for Yu-Gi-Oh! DVDs and 4Kids was trying to get it out last year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom
    Second. You're absolutely right that they won't likely redub anything, but i can see for the right hand reasons that they can still provide subs on hulu. As for that matter, i recently read in a court document that they are allowed to keep the 4Kids logo on their past dubs, so probably means like what happened with Pokemon Classic Episodes, No redubs, They will have Yu-Gi-Oh air on the new CW Block, And They transferred the hulu licence of the 4 Series to them, so that's why they are still going to be on hulu.
    Despite how much I've said that I would like redubs, I've said just as much that I know that they aren't likely, so this isn't the first time I've said that by a long shot. I don't know what court document you read and I'm not sure if you're talking about keeping the 4Kids logo at the end of the credits or in DVDs. For the former, that would make sense, but I don't think that necessarily means that there won't be any redubs. There is demand for uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! and quite a bit for demand for at least a DM redub, unlike with Pokemon. I know that there are people out there who would love legal subs of Pokemon and redubs, especially for the first few movies, but that's an extremely minor part of the fanbase. There have been much more fans of Yu-Gi-Oh! wanting uncut dubs/legal subs for all four series who have been vocal about it for a long time. If they do release the 4Kids dubs on DVD, the logo won't be on the DVDs since TPCI, then PUSA, didn't include that logo when they re-released the first couple of seasons of Pokemon on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom
    So it just look like to some people including me that Saban will have no redubs at any time because they are just too unlikely to happen at any time. Though, i'm not saying that it's not wrong to hope and dream that it will happen, it's just that it's probably unlikely that i will happen in my perspective.
    Like I've said before, I've recognized that it's not likely, so this isn't the first time I've acknowledged it. Personally, I don't see the difference in hoping for redubs and then hoping for 4Kids dubs to be re-released on DVD. Outside of maybe DM, what they've dubbed for Zexal and the anniversary movies, I can't really see them bothering to release the 4Kids dubs and given how poorly the 4Kids DVD sales were, it isn't too likely to happen either. I just think that there's a better chance for the older dubs to be available online instead of through DVDs and that really isn't too bad. Just like getting legal subs for the previous three series isn't too bad if they don't do redubs, especially if they are somehow able to work out the contract issues for DM to get legal subs since 4Kids wasn't in a good financial position to do that when the raws were first taken down. What I'm trying to say is hope for something good to happen and then try to be happy with what we end up getting. At least, that's what I'm trying to do.

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love the thousands of posibiilities this deal may bring!

3ngag3 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Update! Looks like the deal is not yet completed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-us$10-million

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From Toonzaki's Facebook page:

Quote Originally Posted by Toonzaki
    Saban has not purchased Yu-Gi-Oh!. The news agencies that reported on the sale did not read the documents carefully enough. Saban simply made a bid.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!