• 0 - Kill it with Fire!

0 0%
    JShaggy is offline Waiting for Season 2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anime of the Month (04/2012) - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Like This Thread!
    Be very very careful getting into contracts with small furry animals, especially after watching this month's AotM:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Volume 1 is available right now from Aniplex USA, with Volume 2 coming out April 10th.

Synopsis:
    http://madokamagicausa.com/story-intro.php
    Quote Originally Posted by MadokaMagicaUSA.com
    She has a loving family and best friends, laughs and cries from time to time...
    Madoka Kaname, an eighth grader of Mitakihara Middle School, is one of those who lives such a life.
    One day, she had a very magical encounter.
    She doesn't know if it happened by chance or by fate yet.
    This is a fateful encounter that can change her destiny-
    This is a beginning of the new story of the magical witch girls-
    Discuss your thoughts about the series, but keep all potential spoilers to a minimum. Also, don't forget to rate the series when you're finished.

Toonzone Anime of the Month Club | Archives
    This month: Descendants of Darkness

TZ Blog
    | YouTube Channel

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aniplex releasing this meant a huge chunk of the anime audience in North America will be missing out on it, or turning to illegal means. That's a shame, since this show had a ton of hype and probably would have sold well, on a Haruhi or Gurren Lagann level at least.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Fortunately Madoka is now free on Crunchyroll, with 8 episodes out now and the remaining four on the way.

I saw four eps dubbed at Katsucon, so I'll continue from there with this and experience it in Japanese too. So far so good...but wow, it is a creepy and haunting tale.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/puella-magi-madoka-magica
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Neo Yi is offline Time, the everlasting fool
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I adore this anime. I love the deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre. I've heard many say other Magical Girl shows have done better, but I don't really watch a lot of anime, so I can't concur or disagree. I don't particularly care, I think this is a great anime. Awesome and shocking plot twists, beautiful animation (even if the loli-like character design is a bit too bland for my taste; though that was likely the point), and just a generally well-paced show that handles each character's problems with grace and good balance.

I know the English DVDs are being released in volumes, but I kind of hope for a full boxed set in the near future. Would make it easier to collect in one gulp than bit by bit.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Whimsically Tedious, I review Wakfu, season one.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the first three episodes of the show the other day, and man does it have some trippy/gorgeous visuals. Plus, the ending to episode three, wow...that's what it means to be a magical girl...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Dr. Daedalus is online now Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So episode 12 is out on Crunchyroll now (the last one). Me, I'm gonna marathon to the end when I have time. Anyone have thoughts on how it all worked out?
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Neo Yi is offline Time, the everlasting fool
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    So episode 12 is out on Crunchyroll now (the last one). Me, I'm gonna marathon to the end when I have time. Anyone have thoughts on how it all worked out?
    Managed to rewatch Episode 12. I plan to dive in and rewatch the entire series again, if not in an attempt to better remember and analyze the show. I will say that I am amazed at how much foreshadowing and build up they managed to pull to conclude Madoka's final fate. It just works without feeling like a cheap cop out.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Whimsically Tedious, I review Wakfu, season one.