River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Series of Licsenes by Sentai Filmworks - Persona 4, Kids on the Slope & Mysterious Girlfriend X

Like This Thread!
    From ANN

"The North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks confirmed with ANN that it announced at its Anime Boston panel on Saturday that it has acquired the streaming and home video rights to the Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) and the Mysterious Girlfriend X television anime series. Sentai Filmworks will stream both series on The Anime Network and on Hulu 31 days after they stream on Crunchyroll.

The media distribution website Crunchyroll previously announced last week that it would be streaming both series in various countries outside of Japan as they air.

Sentai Filmworks also confirmed that it will be using the English dub cast from the original Persona 4 PlayStation 2 game for its English dub of the Persona 4 The Animation television anime series. The company will release the series on DVD and Blu-ray later this year."

Article
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-girlfriend-x
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Rob_TF is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Retaining the original dub cast from the Persona 4 game makes me hopeful they'll all be available for Atlus's localisation of P4Arena.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Toon Zone Talkback - Anime Boston 2012: Sentai Filmworks/Section 23 Announces 3 New Simulcasts

This is the talkback thread for Anime Boston 2012: Sentai Filmworks/Section 23 Announces 3 New Simulcasts.

Must say I'm pretty pleased that they had enough confidence to license Kids On the Slope for streaming and home video release straight away. Here's hoping it meets expectations and the show pays off for them.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...eries-Talkback - Topic for Kids on the Slope talkback. Set to come online in CR this week.
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Mr. Anime is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised that Kids on the Slope was picked up for home video this fast. You just have to look at the staff credits to notice how the advertising writes itself. If the words Cowboy Bebop don't appear in any promotional capacity relating to this series, I will eat a hat.

Weatherman is offline Space...not what it used to be
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shh god, they got merged. I think I know why the articles didn't pop up on the front page. oops. >_<
    "So, as my final thought, steal from your parents"-Lewis Black

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha oh jeez, Mysterious Girlfriend X is probably the anime I'm least likely to watch this season. But whatever, more Crunchyroll simulcasts with Sentai home video rights attached right off the bat; I'm always in favor of that.

Now Kids on the Slope is some news that I can really get excited about. This is easily one of my most anticipated series in quite a while, thanks almost entirely to its creative staff and their previous accomplishments especially when collaborating not to mention the amount of time since this particular director has directed a series. And now I get to watch it simulcast on Crunchyroll, and Sentai already has the rights to release it on home media. Hopefully that includes Blu-ray, which would also include a dub. This is something that I'd really think they'd go straight for the full treatment for.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)