Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Jongoco is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tite Kubo : Fullbring Arc... Really?

Like This Thread!

First of all, he is doing this over and over again

1st: You have the Substitute Shinigami Arc- Original, but kinda plays on the lst arc of Yu Yu Hakusho

2nd: Soul Society Arc - very original - a band of rag tags take on heaven to save, a heavenly solider

3rd - H. M. - ok this is clearly where he started running out ideas, and maybe where series should have ended, a friend is kidnapped, and the team has to go to the hollows base to save her, kinda like soul society in reverse, but a rehash, never the less

4th: Fake town Arc: Ok you really lost me, you basically merged the soul society and the H.M. arc together and have them fight in a fake town on earth, really lazy man's writing, not to mention you ripped, off of dragonball's room of spirit and time, keep it classy Kubo

5th: Fullbringer Arc: Why do I feel like I'm reading the Junior Varsity Vizard team, it's the same damn story, only really bad

Kubo I love you but, you need some fresh ideas, please stop recycling storylines, over and over again

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kubo isn't the only author who re-uses plots and formulas. Look at Oda, Toriyama, Togashi, Watsuki.

I think the The Lost Shinigami Subsitute arc was a nice change of pace after the Arrancar arc's 20+ volumes of continuous fighting. Once you get past the re-used plotline of Ichigo having lost his powers the arc really does a nice job of tormenting Ichigo. Kubo also manages to pull the wool over the reader's eyes again with Ginjou. The arc was brisk and full of emotion, which has thankfully carried over into this current arc, The Thousand Year Blood War. Ichigo's got a new air to him and the plot's moving forward with excitement and brisk.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongoco View Post

4th: Fake town Arc: Ok you really lost me, you basically merged the soul society and the H.M. arc together and have them fight in a fake town on earth, really lazy man's writing, not to mention you ripped, off of dragonball's room of spirit and time, keep it classy Kubo
    I wouldn't really call any of that lazy. The fact that he devoted fights for each and every Soul Reaper that most people wouldn't normally care about is anything but lazy. He could have rushed it and ignored every ounce of development points. Karakura Town was the place that Aizen was going after, thus a fake version made pretty good sense. Tite Kubo may not have executed everything correctly, but I do give him a thumbs up for trying his best.

All because spirit and time was used by Dragonball doesn't mean something similar can't be created in Bleach. The Soul Society and its many realms are whole lot different than the real world so those aspects shouldn't be even near stealing ideas. Heck, Toriyama is no genius writer either when it comes down to how he finished his own series.

I thought the Fullbring arc was actually very refreshing and took a good break from all the Arrancar. I did think the second half was a bit rushed, but you could tell that wasn't exactly his decision(editors can be pressuring).

straw_hat is offline Senior Member Monsters in Bunnyland Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once I reached the 3rd story arc I dropped the series completely. I have 22 volumes rotting on my shelf so thanks for reminding me that I need to get rid of them soon.

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see all the flack the Fullbring arc gets and I dot understand it. Aside from the rush ending, I was happy with it. I like huge arcs and the like but sometimes I prefer a smaller arc that is self-contained. It was refreshing after the long, horrible Arrancar arc (which started great but finished bad).

And I enjoy Bleach when it goes back to his school and we got a little bit of insight at the beginning.

As for Ginjou... I saw that coming the entire time. He looked too much like a villain from the start.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn - Complicated name, I know but that means there's some good stuff, right?

Grave is offline Badguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Talk about an arc that gets a lot of flack. I would say that it's the FKT arc that gets it, although, I can't blame those that feel indifferent about the arc. Personally, I liked that arc along with the Hueco Mundo arc. There were a lot of things I could do away with but it kept me entertained in the end.

My beef with Kubo is that he cannot transition or close out well. We saw that at the end of the FKT and the beginning of the fullbring arc. He ended an arc with a lot of questions roaming about and goes straight into another arc and, for me that left a bitter taste in my mouth. And begin an arc the way Kubo started the fullbring arc, I definately would've preferred he took the time to do some follow-ups and answer a few things that're plaguing many brains.

Despite the slow start of the fullbring arc, I didn't consider it bad at all though. It definately had a rushed ending which again, he transitions to this new arc without anything. The only difference with this latest arc and the last is that it's going in right at the start with some horrible new characters, and horrible returning characters which is teetering on the edge of losing me altogether even though I'm still anxious to see bankai. And then the thought of going back to Hueco Mundo to rescue more characters...
    Current Games
    SSF4:AE2012 - Ryu, Yun, Dudley
    3rd Strike - Ken, Dudley, Ryu
    GGXXAC+R - Order-Sol, Sol Badguy, Johnny
    BlazBlue - Jin, Hazama

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I liked the Fullbring arc for the most part(I'd consider it the second best story arc in the series,with Soul Society arc being first),aside from the ending,which felt way too rushed (I felt like the Ichigo/Ginjou fight should've been longer,and there should've been a flashback for Tsukushima and Ginjou's shared past,since all the other Fullbringers got one...granted,we'll probably get one later if Kubo ever gets around to telling the story of Isshin's past)...
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)