Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fairy Tail Anime Talkback (Episode 125+)

Like This Thread!

Opening 11:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHXRSz3Dwc
    Ending 11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9hH...feature=relmfu

Well folks, Fairy Tail's first full length filler arc(excluding the Daphene mini arc) is here! It will be revolving around Lucy meeting one of her distant relatives and the plot itself seems to have to do with a key of some sort. The antagonists are going to be the Earthland versions of the Edolas villains and a few other new characters. ...Oh and uh..the Big Butt Gang from Rave Master will be..showing up..

This arc looks like it has a whole lot of promise and seems to be really adding more impact to Lucy losing her father.

Notes:I felt like the anime should have its own talkback that is not with the dub..for major spoiler reasons and what not.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't mean any offense, but how do you know it's a filler "arc"? Where did you get this info from?
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    I don't mean any offense, but how do you know it's a filler "arc"? Where did you get this info from?
    I am not offended .

TV Tokyo has news information about it and the picture I posted is actually the promotional picture to show that it is a arc. Just visit the Fairy Tail website and they usually update their info with new character bios and etc once a new arc begins.

Here is the website: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/fairytail/
    Bios for the arc: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/fair...ora/index.html

EDIT: More news on the arc reveals that it will be called "Key of the Starry Sky" and Lucy's relative is named Michelle.
    Last edited by RockmanDash; 04-07-2012 at 03:46 PM.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I saw in the latest episode and the OP, and the next episode preview. All giving hints of what is to come in the next canon arc.

As for this filler arc, between this and the arc that will likely follow it Lucy is going to get a lot of screen time for a while, I don't know if Michelle really is a living realative or a spirit or a ghost. She could be like that Alice girl from Digimon Tamers.

As for the Earthland version of the original Edolas characters, I wonder if in Japan Sugerboy and Hughes was a popular crack ship, and this is kind a responce to it.

I hope to see in the fillers, some development of Kinana story, and Asuka get some screen time, nothing wrong with somce cuteness and I like to see her and Pantherlily get some screentime together, I think they are adorable together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This week's episode was a good laugh . I completely forgot that the Fairy Tail anime writing staff were so good at writing filler episodes.

Next week: The Big Butt Bandits break out of Rave Master and invade Fairy Tail. .....I got a feeling these guys are going to be involved in the filler arc in some way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash View Post
    This week's episode was a good laugh . I completely forgot that the Fairy Tail anime writing staff were so good at writing filler episodes.

Next week: The Big Butt Bandits break out of Rave Master and invade Fairy Tail. .....I got a feeling these guys are going to be involved in the filler arc in some way.
    Well I wonder if they will use any other minor Rave Master in their one shot fillers. If so, which ones would you like to see?

Personally I like to see Go and Rosa. I think they would be a hillarous foil to Natsu and Lucy in one their little missions. As client, antagonist, or just a couple of weirdos they run into. I love to see Rosa play Lucy Heartfilla. That would be hillarous, love to see her interupetation of Lucy. And Lucy's reaction to it.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 125

Time for Fairy Tail's first significant chunk of filler. Considering it's been 125 episodes, it's pretty impressive that there's been almost none in all this time. It doesn't look like it's going to be too bad, although it does revert to its occasionally painfully unfunny attempts at comedy that we fortunately haven't had much of for... years at this point, it seems. The new OP isn't as eventful as usual. I don't love it right off, but I'm sure it will grow on me. The new ED is definitely a winner.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 126

Why the hell did bringing back the Jiggle Butt Gang from the Rave Master anime seem like a good idea? Did anyone honestly find that to be remotely good? Or is the anime staff just trolling us here? That's the only explanation I can see being the case. So yeah. It's the Jiggle Butt Gang, and everything that goes with them. I never thought I'd have to see them again, but here they are. I can only hope this is the last time. It's weird how damn good this show gets so often, and then they pull this...
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Why the hell did bringing back the Jiggle Butt Gang from the Rave Master anime seem like a good idea? Did anyone honestly find that to be remotely good? Or is the anime staff just trolling us here? That's the only explanation I can see being the case. So yeah. It's the Jiggle Butt Gang, and everything that goes with them. I never thought I'd have to see them again, but here they are. I can only hope this is the last time. It's weird how damn good this show gets so often, and then they pull this...
    Considering they screamed "WE"LL BE BACK!!!!, I don't think this will be the last time sadly.

It was a decent episode, though I almost forgot how annoying the Jiggle Butt Gang really is when it comes down to it. I'm pretty sure the writers just brought them in Fairy Tail just for the laughs of how a lot of characters(plus the addition of Plue) look like the characters from Rave Master. It's a shame they didn't just do some weird Rave Master and Fairy Tail crossover type of thing instead.

The best moment had to be when Natsu gave them a good fire dragon punch .

Next week: Another comedic episode involving Lucy turning invisible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    I guess they are popular in Japan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another decent episode this week with the usual Fairy Tail comedy. ..Am I the only one who found it to be slightly disturbing to see Lucy being surrounded by small children in the situation she was in?

Next week: The filler arc begins! It looks like a slow start that is just meant to introduce Michelle and the mysterious giant key..

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the episode was idiotic, even by filler standards. I realize they aren't canon to Hiro Mashima's story, but still. OTOH, at least it didn't involve the "Jiggle Butt Gang" again...

As for the upcoming filler arc, I've been told that later canon episodes of Bleach started incorporating elements from previous filler episodes. I'm kind of hoping Fairy Tail doesn't do the same. I'm sorry if this sounds hyperbolic, but if that happened, it could possibly bring utter ruination to the story, especially since (as far as I know) Lucy has no such relative in the manga (unless she was mentioned in supplemental material, or something).
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 128

A nice start to the filler arc. Suddenly bring it up what to do with Lisanna's grave, what is the debate, someone did actully did die, they could keep as a memorial to Edolas Lisanna.

Now onto the plot, it is nice that FT learned from the Mest incident, and did a background check on Michelle, I still think she is not who she says, I think is a ghost or spirit. I am sticking with that theory. Speaking of relatives and theories I am sticking with, I wonder if they will reveal how Lahar is related to Daphine. I am posssitively they are related, they have to be.

We finally got to see the embodiment of cuteness Asuka. I love her already, so far no interaction with Asuka and Pantherlily. Those two are so adoable together.

And suddenly Elfman has a sex drive. First he was checking out Sherry, than he hit one multiple women in the Magic Ball filler, even wanted to purpose to one of them, and now he is drolling over Michelle. Elfman really is becoming a man.

Spoiler:
    And finally, we find out Charles vision have been inefective since the time skip, so what does that mean for the current manga arc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 128

Wow, this is really a filler arc? Seems like some really important stuff. I guess Michelle will have to be written out of the show at the end of it. I definitely like where this is going better than the random one-off filler episodes, though. I hope they manage to keep it this compelling for its duration, then go right back to the good canon stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A good start for a interesting filler arc . One of the things I was really worried about was Michelle being unlikeable and a very easy to read character. Luckily she holds a lot of mystery behind herself that you can't figure out so easily compared to other filler characters in other series. I'm just reallyyyy hoping that the writers pace this correctly and not make this too slow or too fast.

I thought it was kind of funny seeing characters who we normally don't see until later/haven't appeared in the manga since the time skip popping up here.

Next week: Natsu vs Laxus....again! ....Judging from the preview it looks like it will involve more on Juvia spying on Gray and Erza though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 129

It felt like it should have been a stand alone filler, but the plot does progress at the very end. Lexus taking on Natsu and Gajeel. Gajeel proved if there was any doubt, he is smarter than Natsu. LOL And no one takes Macaro seriously as guild master, Fried referring to Makaov as master shows us what we knew anyway. Macaro is just a substitute teacher of a guild master.

As for the Gray / Erza b plot, teasing a ship there was forced and dumb. Juvia never thought there was anything going on between the two, she said nothing where Erza ate the lunch she made for Gray when they were rebuilding Fairy Tail, she didn't act jealous at all in the Tower of Heaven arc, really out of left field. But Gray and Erza not used to hanging out alone, I am sure they have hang out before, are they forgetting the flashback when Erza joined Fairy Tail, before Natsu joined, Gray and Erza used have to these one sided duels all the time. They were trying to be like that early episode of Seinfeld with George and Elaine aren't used to being alone without Jerry.

Now for the filler arc plot, I guess they wanted things to move slow that they added these unrelated plots to dominate the episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah this episode...almost didn't go anywhere until the very end. You'd think Natsu would have stood a decent chance against Laxus, but I guess for now it's still a running gag of him not being able to surpass him. It seems that this filler will also focus on
    Spoiler:
    Laxus finally returning to Fairy Tail in the end
    as well.

Gajeel mysterious vanishing like that is starting to tell me that he didn't run away, but more that something did happen to him.

Next week is the beginning of the battle with the Earthland versions of the Edolas characters! This shall be interesting..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode this week with the Earthland versions of Hughes, Sugar boy, and Coco showing up and...completely messing around with Fairy Tail using pretty crazy skills(slime magic, control magic, and athletic). The entire scene of when Lucy, Vigor, and Michelle were confusing Coco was a pretty good laugh .

Next week: The battles continue with Gildarts showing up to save Natsu!

I'm getting the vibe that Michelle is going to get "kidnapped" and later be revealed as a puppet in all of this.

SaBel is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am very excited when I saw this one.. And I am more excited after seeing those Edolas guys looking for Lucy.. i like Michelle she's very cute.. I am a big fan of fairy tail. can't wait for the next episode this week. i refrain from reading the Manga.
    FAIRY TAIL is the BEST!

lg tv

lg tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoops, completely forgot about last Saturday's episode!

This time: Gildarts arrives and..his fight turns out to be rather stale with the surprise that his magic can be blocked! Natsu gets stuck together with Earthland's Sugarboy and eventually gets freed by Grey who will most likely take over this match. Meanwhile, Lucy loses the key and actually does not get saved.

Not a bad episode for a filler considering there was a lot going on. It's a shame we can't really see Gildarts fight too much since all we seen out of him is that ability that shreds people apart and him using his fists.

Next week: The current battles end and the key is taken.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast