Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jongoco is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Breaking News: "Bleach Live Action Movie To be Set in Japan"

Like This Thread!
    The screenwriter of the U.S. adaptation of Bleach answered some questions and concerns

“I’m currently working on ‘Bleach’ and the idea is to set it in Japan and really be respectful to the source material. It’s an amazing story. I’ve been shorthanding it as an ‘action-adventure Sixth Sense,’ but obviously on a bigger canvas than that. So I’m incredibly excited about that. It’s a good one.“

Full article at link

http://m.latino-review.com/2012/04/0...h-adaptations/

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A action/adventure sixth sense? ...Oh geez...

One thing I do like is that the screenwriter is being loyal to the setting.

wakawakawaka is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i just hope the actors will be Asian! (since the movie is set in japan and all)

Hawkeye is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has Kubo said which characters are asian? For instance, I believe Chad is supposed to be Mexican. While I presume some characters would be asian considering the setting, Bleach seems to have influences from various cultures around the world for some aspects of the story (even if it is just some terms here and there). While I would certainly hope to see Japan well represented, I think there is more of a legitimate opportunity with Bleach, as opposed to some other live-action anime adaptations, to have a multi-cultural cast.

firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Has Kubo said which characters are asian? For instance, I believe Chad is supposed to be Mexican. While I presume some characters would be asian considering the setting, Bleach seems to have influences from various cultures around the world for some aspects of the story (even if it is just some terms here and there). While I would certainly hope to see Japan well represented, I think there is more of a legitimate opportunity with Bleach, as opposed to some other live-action anime adaptations, to have a multi-cultural cast.
    Yeah. Like Speed Racer. Such a sugar coated candy movie of awesomeness...

Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash View Post
    A action/adventure sixth sense? ...Oh geez...

One thing I do like is that the screenwriter is being loyal to the setting.
    Actually, "action-adventure sixth sense" is a very good similarity. Seeing dead people and such? Sounds pretty spot on to me:anime:
    Anime currently watching:

Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Chad is part Japanese, hence his real name of Sado Yasutora. Everyone else (with Japanese names) are of course Japanese.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Hawkeye is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good point about the people having Japanese names. That's a pretty dang good indication that they are supposed to be Japanese. Looks like I may have been overstating the multicultural potential a bit.

Jongoco is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have Ichigo be half Japanese / White, he is a teenager living in America
    with his mother, when she is murdered by the beach, Ichigo moves back to Japan to live with his father and sisters

Orihime should be fully white, her parents can be air-force officers, Orhime could have been born and grew up on the base, that would explain a Japanese first name, you could kill two birds with one stone by also making Chad a military kid in Japan

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder how may of the characters will be played by Korean Americans?

If Yoruichi is in this will her actor be Polynesian, Black, or just really tan? Same question applies even more for Tosen.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I say there is no way if this movie gets made it will be set in Japan with Japanese actors as the leads. Not going to happen.

I think you could do some of the Shinigami characters as caucasians since their looks are a little more non-Japanese specific. Sado of course is part-Mexican. But that's it really.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast