Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toon Zone Talkback - "Tekken: Blood Vengeance" (UK Edition): And You Thought Your Family Reunions Were Awkward

Like This Thread!

This is the talkback thread for "Tekken: Blood Vengeance" (UK Edition): And You Thought Your Family Reunions Were Awkward.

Dear word my writing is sloppy...

I would honestly welcome a Soul Calibur movie done like this. Just keep away the recent female designs that look like they were found in the bowels of deviantArt.

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched the movie tonight. One thing that struck me about the film is that despite being in CGI, it felt like an anime, both in the visual tropes and storytelling. That's neither a good thing or a bad thing; just an observation I had.

The fight scenes were well-choreographed and fast-paced; I particularly liked the battle between Xiaoyu and Alisa. Those double chainsaw arms were wicked cool.

But I really didn't care for the very end, when
    Spoiler:
    Heihachi grew into a giant monster. Anymore, I feel like writers aren't even trying when they resort to colossal supernatural threats as the final battle

Overall, though, not bad. I wouldn't mind seeing more Tekken CG films, ideally with each one focusing on different characters from the franchise.
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The secret final boss (which I hear you only get to see if you watch the movie without losing a single round) was at least partially tolerable to me because of the excellent CGI for it. I tried to cap some for the review but found that you needed to see it in motion to understand how good it was.

I've heard that apparently Spoony reviewed this soon after I did, so I'm intrigued to hear what he has to say in a looser sense.

SigmasonicX is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's Spoony's review. He considers it to be worse than the live-action movie.
    Reality is only for those who can't handle Star Trek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmasonicX View Post
    I got a good laugh from that. We seem to be on the same page with it, even down to nitpicks (how can you hide chainsaws in arms smaller then they are?). However, I'm surprised he left out the fridge scene. Surely the most infamous scene of this film deserved attention.

As for the 'upskirt' scene- it's actually a consistent oddity with the film. Clearly the director likes legs and goes out of his way to insert shots dedicated to them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat
    The secret final boss (which I hear you only get to see if you watch the movie without losing a single round) was at least partially tolerable to me because of the excellent CGI for it. I tried to cap some for the review but found that you needed to see it in motion to understand how good it was.
    Oh I would agree with that aspect. The CG in that scene is top notch.
    As for the 'upskirt' scene- it's actually a consistent oddity with the film. Clearly the director likes legs and goes out of his way to insert shots dedicated to them.
    Yet there are rarely panty shots that would typically accompany them. Go figure.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
    Watched the movie tonight. One thing that struck me about the film is that despite being in CGI, it felt like an anime, both in the visual tropes and storytelling. That's neither a good thing or a bad thing; just an observation I had.
    But since this film was animated, written, and directed in Japan, wouldn;t that make it anime?

Anyway, I enjoyed this film as a brain-less action fest, but the plot bored me. The animation was very well done, though, but I think Final Fantasy: Advent Children had slightly better animation.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    But since this film was animated, written, and directed in Japan, wouldn;t that make it anime?
    I know that. My point is that it carried a lot of tropes that you'd see in a 2D anime show/movie; in other words, they transcend the medium used.

anime_guru is offline show me your as-sets
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmasonicX View Post
    I have to actually agree
    After being a very avid fan of tekken, I groan in disappointment at every single tekken movie that has come out. And its not because I hate the franchise, but because the movies themselves divide the established cannon with fodder. And its not even good fodder. I found myself looking at my watch after the 20th minute.

Sadly I like Xiaoyu quite a lot and jumped for joy when I saw her being a lead in a Tekken movie. If only it was good... sighs