Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Saban/BVS handled that show, no?
    Yeah, they did, the rights might have expired and went back to Toei though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    As for Bo-bobo, I would certainly be interested in what the Japanese version sounds like...and why Bo-bobo had trouble with that radio contest entry form.
    Too bad the old DVD's had dubtitles as I was curious about that as well. Hopefully, these will have accurate subs, but they probably won't...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Kevin the Geek is offline Golem fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    I would hope that S'more would be willing to acquire Digimon and release the entire series if this works out. It also means that Toei might have someone already ready to release Xros Wars when the dub finally starts airing. I really think Toei is going to do an in house dub.
    It would be awesome if S'more ever decides to release Digimon on DVD.

If Toei is working on a Xros Wars dub, they first need to find a network interested in airing the show. If they do find a network that's interested in the show, I hope that it'll be either Cartoon Network or Nicktoons.

I guess I would rather have S'more release Xros Wars on DVD, instead of Well Go USA. When Well Go USA was releasing Data Squad on DVD, there was a yearly gap with the two sets they released.

As for BoBoBo, I enjoyed the series when it was airing on Cartoon Network, but I don't like it enough to buy the series on DVD.
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

Formerly known as Comic Guy

Hordesman is online now slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin the Geek View Post
    As for BoBoBo, I enjoyed the series when it was airing on Cartoon Network, but I don't like it enough to buy the series on DVD.
    You mean you didn't write a 14 chapter fanfic of it or anything?

It's a very good day!

HUBTigers87 is offline Sign Holder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If Toei is working on a Xros Wars dub, they first need to find a network interested in airing the show. If they do find a network that's interested in the show, I hope that it'll be either Cartoon Network or Nicktoons.
    You just made me think (and it hurts :P ) -- Play it the same way it did on CN/Toonami, I feel Bo-BoBo could be a nice fit for Nicktoons. It's very random, the unexpected always happens. Yeah, it could work... and leave the original intro like CN did

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    As I recall, Volume 2 of Illumitoon's DVDs had accurate subs before the release was cancelled. I wouldn't put it past Toei to do something strange and possibly re-use those subs early on but start using dubtitles after the point which Illumitoon left off. lol
    <br><br>Oh, I didn't know that, I only got the first volume. I remember 4kids did the dubtitles thing on the few bilingual Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters releases we got. I haven't checked my Shaman King DVD's, but I'm guessing they're the same...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBTigers87 View Post
    You just made me think (and it hurts :P ) -- Play it the same way it did on CN/Toonami, I feel Bo-BoBo could be a nice fit for Nicktoons. It's very random, the unexpected always happens. Yeah, it could work... and leave the original intro like CN did
    I agree, Bo-Bobo would be great for Nicktoons.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    Oh yeah, it just occured to me. S'More isn't "licensing" this shows per se. Rather, they're releasing them on Toei's behalf (with S'More merely publishing and E1 distributing), which would mean that any dubs would be previously existing versions (such as with Bo-bobo). In other words, if they wanted, they could release other "Toei on Demand" titles (that haven't already been released by other companies) as well, such as Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu (which is the more recent version from a few years back, and not the original 1970s version), which incidentally replaced Bo-bobo in its original Japanese timeslot on TV Asahi.

In short, both this show and GE999 are, for all intents and purposes, coming from Toei themselves. With this in mind, I only hope they don't suffer the same fate as those ill-fated "Toei DVDs" from a few years back (e.g.: bad authoring/encoding*, "dubtitles" [i.e., where the subtitles are nothing more than a transcript of the dub], hard-to-read subtitles, etc).

*I've been told that this included among other things a scheme where you would play one episode, and instead of going to next episode, you would automatically be taken to the main menu.
    At the least I support this move and I hope it could see the release of some more obscure shows like Bobobo and the others you mentioned. I've wanted a real DVD of Bobobo for a long time though.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would be awesome if S'more ever decides to release Digimon on DVD.

I guess I would rather have S'more release Xros Wars on DVD, instead of Well Go USA. When Well Go USA was releasing Data Squad on DVD, there was a yearly gap with the two sets they released.

Toei began dubbing Digimon Savers/ Digimon Data Squad nearly 3 months before they announced that Jetix would be airing the series since it was the home of all their other Digimon shows. However Toon Disney/Jetix only had broadcast rights. They never had script rights, alteration rights, music rights, streaming rights, etc. Toei managed to hold on to all other rights for the series, which is why Well Good was able to start releasing the Data Squad episodes on DVD's. In my opinion it's more important to get a dub of something like the first 13 episodes ready and then shop it to potential networks to air it, like CN, Nicktoons, and Toonzai on CW4Kids. Whoever acquires the airing rights then has episodes immediately available, and then Toei isn't forced to rush episodes out to stay ahead of the airing schedule (unless 2 new episodes are aired every week). It doesn't change that it's great news that Bobobo is getting a full series DVD release, though I'm a little surprised they aren't doing a DVD/ Blu Ray combined release.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

jlaking is offline Brainiac is someplace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From S'more Ent. Facebook page (3/6/12)

we're projecting release of bobobo part 2 in september, 2012.
    Thanks to WTK for that info.

Both Amazon and Wal-Mart list the release date as April 10 now but Right Stuf still lists the original March 27th release date.
    If you want the FUNimation Channel, click here for more information (remember if there is no demand for it, you will never get it).

ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaking View Post
    From S'more Ent. Facebook page (3/6/12)

Thanks to WTK for that info.

Both Amazon and Wal-Mart list the release date as April 10 now but Right Stuf still lists the original March 27th release date.
    The thing is, my preorder still says it's going out at on release date. I wonder if it had to do with them having to push it back due to not enough dvds produced for the orders...

I guess I'll find out at the end of the month.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast