Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 3

Like This Thread!
    Okay, I was thinking it would be weird to have his old hair color in the opening every episode since he only had it for the first episode and a half, so it's good to see that was only for that one episode. And Eureka understandably had her hair dyed quite a bit. We still didn't get much of her, but at least we got some, and not just her falling out of the sky 12 years ago. Hey, that makes that... now, doesn't it? Anyone in Okinawa reporting blue-haired girls falling from the sky this year? :P So that mecha was Nirvash itself. Well I guess at least we get one major cast member back from the original. I assume we'll learn what happened to Renton at some point. I believe he was with Eureka right to the end, but there's been no mention of him in this yet.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 5 was a nice episode. Looks like we are done with the introduction and we are getting into the action. I can't help but the think the president of Generation Blu that when no one is around, he is a crossdresser. I am sorry that voice I just think Grumman. When I think of Grumman I think crossdresser.

Another note, just me or does Fleur especially when she is in that uniform look a little bit like Lucy Heartfilla.

KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Half way through episode 4, and I have to say, that fight was so rad. Nothing like seeing a monster SHOT IN HALF and BLOWN UP. That was some real giant mech action right there. Fantastic. Second half seems to be punching in with some great story elements. The third episodes had some good story elements as well. It's interesting to see how the political and xenophobic elements are being used. It gives off a solid golden age sci-fi element - using a sci-fi setting to address current issues. It's awesome. Looking forward to FUNi getting this on blu-ray. I want to see these fights in hi-def on a big screen.

LordTerminal is offline The old-school DK is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so confused as to the plotholes. Why is the Scub "bursting" on the world below it's shell? I mean the fact that Ao lives on Japan and the fact Eureka fell from the sky makes me doubt this is on the surface world above. And why does the moon lack the heart carving from the end? And where the hell is Renton and Gekkostate?!

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate this show. But if Wikipedia is to believed, this show is only running for 26 episodes. That's only slightly half the length the original Eureka Seven was and already they've still got too many questions left to answer. I'm 4 episodes in so far and that makes me worried they're going to drop the ball at any moment and reveal something dumb to explain all this. Especially since we have a strong start so far.
    If anyone comes up and asks "Are you a spy?" just say "Yes! Can't you read? But I'm undercover!" - Don Patch

He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life. - Homer Simpson

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTerminal View Post
    I'm so confused as to the plotholes. Why is the Scub "bursting" on the world below it's shell? I mean the fact that Ao lives on Japan and the fact Eureka fell from the sky makes me doubt this is on the surface world above. And why does the moon lack the heart carving from the end? And where the hell is Renton and Gekkostate?!
    Well it takes place thousands of years before the first series and time travel is involved: the Scub is a far more recent phenomenon, it's before the world was reshaped by the Scub Coral, the heart carving hasn't happen yet (and won't happen for a long time), and we don't know if Renton or any of Gekkostate got brought into past like Eureka so they won't exist for thousands of years.

Though the possibility now exist that Renton is his own ancestor.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    Well it takes place thousands of years before the first series and time travel is involved: the Scub is a far more recent phenomenon, it's before the world was reshaped by the Scub Coral, the heart carving hasn't happen yet (and won't happen for a long time), and we don't know if Renton or any of Gekkostate got brought into past like Eureka so they won't exist for thousands of years.

Though the possibility now exist that Renton is his own ancestor.
    Wait, what? Everything I've read said this took place 20 years after the original series. Where's this 1,000 years into the past nonsense coming from?
    If anyone comes up and asks "Are you a spy?" just say "Yes! Can't you read? But I'm undercover!" - Don Patch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 5

Make a contract with me and become a member of Pied Piper! Haha, good stuff. Too bad they were so cold to him for most of the episode. At least the people who matter treat him better, so it should all work out in the end. After all, Renton didn't have the easiest time during the early parts of his time with Gekkostate, but he sure became an important member eventually. Hopefully someone from Goldilocks survived. They were quite likeable. More than the Pied Piper characters in some ways right now.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well not much happened this episode. Not to say that's a bad thing but you'd think a series that's half the length of its predecessor would not suffer its pacing issues either. Makes me worried that we aren't going to get everything wrapped up neat and tidy.

Still, I think I like Generation Blue's Swiss HQ more than the Gekko. It's like one big hightech shopping mall meets military base meets college dormatory.

And this may be the most ridiculous theory I have but
    Spoiler:
    I'm starting to think Bruno of Team Goldilocks might just secretly be a fat, balding 40-year-old Renton in disguise.
    His message to Ao about how he'll cause sorrow to those he cares for seems to imply there's more to this guy then just Team Goldilocks' Leader and father figure. Granted that message has been given to Ao by more than just him at this point but I have absolutely no other idea as to why someone jovial fat guy like Bruno would say something like that.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The latest chapter of the manga is out, and it looks like Generation Blue will be in it. I guess they aren't anime only characters.

And on the latest episode, Truth or whatever his name is, he has some issues, he perfers to be a women, that is his shapeshifting of prefrence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 6

So only Bruno died. I guess that's a better outcome than what seemed more likely. Ao finally gets some much-deserved sleep, but ends up springing into action anyway. And of course the big thing is the reveal of what looks to be the main antagonist for at least a while. In addition to being seemingly all-powerful, he's a flawless shape-shifter, and we can only assume that the form he showed at the end is his true form, and that he is in fact male, since his form of preference appears to be a very womanly woman. Kind of like Envy, although his form of preference was just very androgynous and ambiguous. Speaking of Fullmetal Alchemist, this new power is going by the name... "Truth".

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast