Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    troyamonga is offline Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I've been reading the manga, and if it has anything to do with the anime, I'm pretty excited.

*Spoilers for Manga*

1. Ao takes place in 2025 AD, about 10,000 years before the original Eureka 7.
    2. On chapter 1 page 21, the words "US Army" are clearly visible on new equipment.
    3. Japan is implied to still exist, and the Japanese Military appear several times, once with an Aircraft carrier.
    4. Eureka is "shown" multiple times in flashbacks. While we haven't seen her face directly, anyone who's seen Eureka 7 can clearly see that it's her.
    5. When Ao accesses the Nirvash, it shows him text that says "Welcome Home Eureka."

I'm just going to go ahead and say it...TIME TRAVEL!

But did anyone else come back with Eureka? And was it accidental, or intentional? And maybe we'll see some ancestors of Eureka 7 characters.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds pretty interesting..

LordTerminal is offline The old-school DK is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not to senselessly bump this w/o reason but according to Wikipedia, this show debuted 2 days ago and yet I haven't seen any talkback or mention of it on these forums since.

Just thought I'd ask if there's a reason why or not.
    If anyone comes up and asks "Are you a spy?" just say "Yes! Can't you read? But I'm undercover!" - Don Patch

He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life. - Homer Simpson

KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTerminal View Post
    Not to senselessly bump this w/o reason but according to Wikipedia, this show debuted 2 days ago and yet I haven't seen any talkback or mention of it on these forums since.

Just thought I'd ask if there's a reason why or not.
    No simulcast yet as far as I know, and that dampens viewership.

That said, it's pretty good. There are some oddly stiff moments in the animation, but it could just be a bad encode.

I love that they are keeping the references to electronic music for the episode titles ("Born Slippy" is a song by UK electronic music group Underworld,) It's a subtle but really good sign. The visual cues in general seem to hold with the original series. The electronic underpinning of the actual OST is welcome as well.

Storywise, they are starting with a way darker launch than the original series. It's also much more cryptic. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is the show an actual sequel or a do-over or what exactly? The trailer and the minor details here and there really didn't make it clear one way or the other.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    So is the show an actual sequel or a do-over or what exactly? The trailer and the minor details here and there really didn't make it clear one way or the other.
    So far it seems like it's a full sequel
    Spoiler:
    that heavily hints that the lead male is Eureka/Renton's kid
    by the end of the first episode. Different main cast so far though.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funimation started streaming the series and has episodes 1 and 2 up.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of it yet. It took me nearly 20 episodes to finally start liking the original, so I'd have hoped this wouldn't be a slow burn of a series as well.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is the manga and the anime going to be two different stories, with the same setup and characters, but going in different direction like the first FMA anime?

I see no way around with a monthly manga, and a weekly anime.

Lelouch is offline Fallen Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a big fan of the original so naturally I decided to check this out. I expected F/Z to be my number #1 for the season but wow this is going to give it a run for its money. Really digging the style and atmosphere of it all and Ao is looking to be a great protagonist. The original took a bit to hook me but the sequel has started off really strong. Love, love, love the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched episode 2, and it was fantastic. There is a subtle excitement and sense of wonder that permeates the show that I haven't gleaned off a mech show in a long time. Yeah, there are some tropes in play, but the brisk direction, interesting characters and detailed setting override any questions. I think I'm stuck following this for the next year.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast