Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I am watching ahead in Japanese, Yuma is much more barable without that stupid catch phrase of "feeling the flow".
    I don't see how that makes him much more bearable, especially when Yuma's Japanese catchphrase doesn't even have a direct translation and it's basically a battle cry/meaning of life for Yuma. Besides that, Yuma is still annoying and stupid in either version to the point where it's pretty much impossible for me to take him seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today's episode was pretty cool! Interesting to see a Chaos XYZ summon of Number C39 Utopia Ray! What confuses me a little bit is when Cathy sliced the statue head. But to call Astral a friend somehow awoken the emergence of how the chaos XYZ summon happened which was pretty cool! It's kinda awesome that Yuma's got to saw a Brief glimpse of Astral, and OBSERVATIONS with Astral happen again but this time in 2 parts!

Next episode is probably going to go deeper into Yuma's past with father and i'm thinking it might answer us some of the questions about the emperors key!

Today's Episodes get 8/10 Stars! "A Decently good episode with a new twist of Chaos XYZ Summon!"

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked today's episode. I didn't care much for the villain, and he seemed like a joke at the end. I do think its funny though that suddenly, all of Yuma's friends like Astral alot.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I thought that this episode was pretty good. The new Kuriboh was kind of cute and it has a pretty decent ability. I don't quite understand why Yuma was saying that his friends have always been there for him. The only characters that he has interacted with significantly have been Tori and Bronk. He's barely talked to Caswell and I don't think he's interacted with Flip at all since their duel, which just makes me question even more why those two are even part of the supporting cast in the first place. I was kind of surprised that no one was in favor of Yuma surrendering to save his friends. Although they know about Astral, I'm pretty sure that none of them know that he will disappear if Yuma loses a Number-related duel. Plus, they were under the impression that they would fall into lava and Yuma only had one hundred life points left. I guess that they wouldn't want Yuma to give him since that goes against his catchphrase, but I think that they could have caused Yuma to think more about it before refusing to give up.

I wasn't surprised that that Kite figure turned out to be a statue. Since Kite is already an underling for Mr. Heartland and Dr. Faker, it really wouldn't make sense for him to have his own following. Not to mention he would want to take care of hunting Numbers himself considering that he believes that they will help Hart recover from his illness. It does make me wonder why Fortuno was practically worshiping Kite and how he even heard of him.

While Yuma saying that Astral is his friend was nice and all, I really didn't like that it led to Astral basically creating a new card for Yuma out of thin air. When he gave Yuma Utopia in his match against Shark, at least we can assume that it contained the only piece of his memory about his name and that he knows how to duel. Creating Chaos Number 39 Utopia Ray felt kind of cheap and too sudden for my tastes. Plus, it feels too early to give Utopia an upgrade like this and Yuma's opponent wasn't a major villain. Whenever Stardust got an upgrade in 5D's, at least Yusei was facing off against a significant villain, like with Kalin and Primo. I liked its design though.

I'm still kind of confused how that lava was part of the AR Vision. It disappeared right when the holograms from the duel vanished, even though that lave was there before the duel started if I recall correctly. Since none of the kids were wearing Duel Gazars, I don't understand how they could believe that they were in danger. While I still think that the Duel Gazars are silly and just a weird marketing device, they've established from the start that they can't see the holograms without wearing one and they never bothered to explain if this was some different kind of hologram or magic. It's too bad that the other characters can't see Astral anymore. It's getting old seeing Astral only able to interact with Yuma. Astral observing that Yuma is his friend was kind of nice. I'm still annoyed that they're so inconsistent with showing Astral's memories though.

The ending was kind of weird. I still would have liked to learn how Fortuno found out about Kite and why he wanted to be his servant. Since Kite slows down time, he shouldn't have been able to hear about him from the grape vines. Maybe I could have bought that he saw him duel a few times in the shadows after he found a Number card, but they don't bother to offer an explanation like that and they never clarify how he got the power to steal souls like Kite has. If he was connected to Dr. Faker and Mr. Heartland, we could assume that he got his powers from them, but he obviously wasn't. For someone who clearly didn't enjoy stealing souls, or at least it was heavily implied in his debut episode, Kite also didn't seem to mind stealing his soul when Fortuno could have just handed him his Number card.

Overall, this was at least a better duel than the last two-part match. Though, there were still too many things that weren't explained to make it really good and I still find the creation of Utopia Ray to be more of a deus ex machina than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought today's episode was decently good. The flashback on Yuma's parents was pretty interestingly cool and I think with the world of positive and negatives it sorta helped a little bit with explaining "feeling the flow" but I have a feeling there's more mysteries behind that!

As for the edits I know that they did cut out Yuma's dad falling off after cutting the rope, Which they did keep the knife In surprisingly.

Overall good episode! Todays episode rating gets 7.8 stars. Next episode will be pretty interesting to see possessed Yuma and dark Astral.

"Good episode with good explaining of Yuma's past and giving a good 'feeling the flow' explanation!"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    I thought today's episode was decently good. The flashback on Yuma's parents was pretty interestingly cool and I think with the world of positive and negatives it sorta helped a little bit with explaining "feeling the flow" but I have a feeling there's more mysteries behind that!
    I don't think that there is. That explanation of the positive and negative worlds offered a pretty clear definition of what feeling the flow is, so I don't think that there's more mysteries about it. Besides that, it's just a catchphrase that 4Kids made up due to the original catchphrase not having a proper English translation, so there isn't much mystery to feeling the flow to begin with.

Anyway, I thought that this was a decent episode. While I really don't like Yuma, at least they gave him a backstory. Most of the main cast don't even get that. I still think that it's pretty pathetic that Yuma is so bad at dueling, despite dueling for years, and the only explanation is that Yuma is dumb, which is an incredibly bad reason. The game really isn't that hard and seeing that Yuma has been bad for years just makes it even harder to take him seriously. I also question his determination to become a Duel Champion. If Yuma really wanted to reach that goal, then he would have actually tried to improve his skills and/or his deck well before Astral came into the picture. Charging head-first through all of his challenges is only going to get him so far and even if he somehow becomes a champion, it really isn't going to mean much, especially if he continues to use Astral's advice and power. While Yuma may have possibilities and potential like his father mentioned, that doesn't mean anything if he doesn't work hard to reach his goal.

The way in which Yuma's father got the key was kind of interesting. Though, the picture in Yuma's room gave the impression that both of his parents found it in a jungle temple instead of Astral, or someone that looks like him, giving it to Yuma's father. Based on the parents' dialogue to Kari, they knew that Yuma would face some challenges, but they wouldn't offer any actual explanation or give more detail. While that explains why Kari didn't want Yuma dueling, it doesn't make up for how pointless that subplot was. Not to mention she didn't help Yuma out like her parents wanted. Still, it was kind of nice to see her and Yuma's grandmother to come to that School Spirit Day. This was an okay episode. Yuma was a bit more tolerable, even though I still really dislike him, and it was interesting to see an episode mostly full of flashbacks. Though, they really don't have a lot of female voice actresses since they had Veronica Taylor voice three different characters in this episode, although two were background characters, but it still stood out.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked this episode. Yeah, there wans't much dueling at all, but still. It shows that this series can have some heart when it really wants to.

I think Yuma's dad is a likeable guy. He seems like a nice father.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Golfkid is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually thought it was a good episode, especially when it came to "never giving up" and the whole two world story thing. Granted, I thought Yuma's parents talking about Yuma facing challenges to be a bit creepy. It was almost as if they knew they weren't going to be around, especially when they told Kari to take care of him and watch his dueling.

Overall, good episode, especially with very minimal dueling. I wish they would do episodes like this more often.
    My Fanfiction Profile:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2405635/amk8930
    Learning About Love and Each Other: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7932061/...and_Each_Other
    Sorry if you don't like the stories I write.

Playstation 3/Wii username: amk8930

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfkid View Post
    I actually thought it was a good episode, especially when it came to "never giving up" and the whole two world story thing. Granted, I thought Yuma's parents talking about Yuma facing challenges to be a bit creepy. It was almost as if they knew they weren't going to be around, especially when they told Kari to take care of him and watch his dueling.
    I'm pretty sure that they were aware that they weren't going to be aware when Yuma would be facing those challenges. Maybe they had some vision after Yuma's father got the key that made them realize what would happen to them and Yuma and wanted to give Kari a warning about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfkid
    Overall, good episode, especially with very minimal dueling. I wish they would do episodes like this more often.
    I wouldn't mind if they had episodes like this more often too. The dueling in Zexal haven't been that good for the most part, especially when Yuma has been the only one dueling and everyone else in the main cast has been a glorified background character and/or a cheerleader for Yuma. While I think that most of the cast is kind of bland, it wouldn't hurt them to give some focus to the other characters so that they would seem more interesting and have more fleshed out personalities.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yuma parents are nice. His dad seems like a really cool guy, his mom is nice and might I say she looks hot.