Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by FFmax View Post
    Oh wow, just wow. I just cannot take this show seriously anymore, that was ridiculous even by Yugioh standards. That super saiyan form was just stupid and unnecessary.
    There was a point where you took it seriously?
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    There was a point where you took it seriously?
    I started taking it a little seriously when Kite appeared on this show, but after that nonsensical display, I'm not even sure if I am even going to bother watching season 2. I know the original series had its fair share of deus ex machinas but that was ridiculous.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I started taking it a little seriously when Kite appeared on this show, but after that nonsensical display, I'm not even sure if I am even going to bother watching season 2. I know the original series had its fair share of deus ex machinas but that was ridiculous.
    Yeah, I did too...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My initial reaction to the Zexal transformation was laughter. It was just so ridiculous and stupid that I couldn't help but laugh at it, which most likely wasn't the intended reaction the writers wanted with that decision. I can definitely understand the anger reaction though, especially when this does make it difficult to take the series seriously again. Season two does get a bit more interesting than what we've seen thus far, but unfortunatley, it does take awhile for that to happen and even then it might not work, especially when I think Yuma is just as annoying as ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So New Episode Aired Today on Toonzai's final air date!

Nothing Special just a Clip show, good episode! Hope to hear who's voicing Tron (If that's his name, depending on rights with disney) and more new characters next saturday! I Hope it's a new voice pool there!

Cannot wait til WDC Season saga next saturday!

BTW, Should we make a new talkback forum called Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal WDC Vortexx/Konami tailback?

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    So New Episode Aired Today on Toonzai's final air date!

Nothing Special just a Clip show, good episode! Hope to hear who's voicing Tron (If that's his name, depending on rights with disney) and more new characters next saturday! I Hope it's a new voice pool there!

Cannot wait til WDC Season saga next saturday!
    I was hoping that they would have had a clip of Tron or one of the other new villains speaking just so we can get an idea of how they sound. I'm curious about their dub names too. I don't know if Disney would have a problem with a character name Tron that has nothing to do with the Tron franchise, but they might just change the name to avoid any legal conflicts just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom
    BTW, Should we make a new talkback forum called Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal WDC Vortexx/Konami tailback?
    I don't know if we need to include Konami in the title of the thread, especially when the dub probably won't be that different from when 4Kids had the license, for better or for worse, but I think that having a Vortexx talkback thread for the new season would be appropriate since the new episodes won't be airing on Toonzai.

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty dull episode. I knew that it was going to be a clip show episode, but it usually helps if something important happens or new details are revealed in-between the clips to make these kind of episodes more engaging to watch. Dealing with the aftermath of the previous episode with everyone being too excited to sleep would have been nice if I cared more about the main cast than I actually do and if it didn't lead to another obvious hint that Tori likes Yuma. I completely forgot that Flip was still here until he showed up. I can't really say that anything was lost by not having him involved with finding Astral in the previous two-parter.

I also forgot that Dr. Faker is still the main villain, despite doing nothing but appearing and maybe saying a line or two revealing a small detail about the plot. I'll admit that the event that caused time to be frozen was kind of interesting, along with Astral recognizing one of the three suns from his world, and I kind of wish that was explored more than just recapping most of the duels up until now. It probably would have been more interesting than going through a clip show. I also thought it was kind of ridiculous for Kite to say that learning more about Yuma and Astral's duels would help him to defeat him. He almost did defeat them in their first duel and he knew nothing about their history. He would have won if his brother didn't collapse when he did and he would have been able to defeat Astral if it wasn't the for the shinning deus ex machina known as the power of Zexal. So, saying that learning about these duels will help him defeat them sounds like a huge and ridiculous stretch to me. I don't think learning about how Yuma defeat his teacher or Flip is going to help him out. It just seemed like a really weak excuse to explain why Kite was going through Astral's memories.

I understand why they have clip shows, especially when a new arc is starting up, to help get people caught up if they missed anything, but I still think that they could have done it in a more interesting way. Showing other pieces of Astral's memories that he's regained through the Number cards in-between some of the duels would have been nice, especially since not all of his new memories have been shown. Even by the end of the episode, it didn't feel like anything new was accomplished. Yuma would have been eager to see if Kite was in the WDC tournament even if they didn't have that brief exchange at the end of the episode.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to have seen today's episode, but my stupid cable company took off my CW affiliate over a contract dispute. Thanks a lot Cablevision. I'll find it somewhere online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I would like to have seen today's episode, but my stupid cable company took off my CW affiliate over a contract dispute. Thanks a lot Cablevision. I'll find it somewhere online.
    Same happened to with my satellite service, however I believe I have it at my mom's and I set the DVR for new episodes. Sorry for not bumping this. I guess someone else should created the Votexx thread because I seem to not pay as much attention to this show as I'd like to.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well. Recap episode. Yay. Next weeks episode should be good, though.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11