Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Not a horrible finale, but fairly meh, especially considering how little the previous protagonists--and heck, just about every character besides Tagiru--had to do. So all in all, a meh ending to an incredibly meh series--er, season. Whatever.

Which is a shame, because there was so much potential for greatness. Get rid of Tagiru and all the fairly pointless new hunters (especially Ren. Seriously, by the end we still knew absolutely NOTHING about his personality), stick with the older Xros Wars protagonists, set them in the Digital World instead of the insanely boring DigiQuartz, and have them go on adventures with the protagonists of previous series. How awesome would it be to have Shoutmon, Ballistamon, and the like DigiXros with Agumon, Veemon, Guilmon, or others? The potential for great material would be staggering, and a much better attempt at an anniversary series/season that what we ended up getting.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't mind the new Hunters, but I was disappointed with the route they took at the end. They had this big buildup to how the previous generations heroes were needed, and then Taiki has to give Taigeru to ability to pull up the anticlimatic weapon that will save the world. Sorry, but while Taigeru was the series main character, he shouldn't have had to replace Taigeru at anything. He merely should have joined the final battle. It also would have been much more exciting to show all the characters fighting instead of letting them be absorbed.

There was only one area the final episode got right, and that was Baguramon being the old man. That was a twist I don't think anyone saw coming. It's a shame they couldn't have had more surprises spread throughout.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    Not a horrible finale, but fairly meh, especially considering how little the previous protagonists--and heck, just about every character besides Tagiru--had to do. So all in all, a meh ending to an incredibly meh series--er, season. Whatever.

Which is a shame, because there was so much potential for greatness. Get rid of Tagiru and all the fairly pointless new hunters (especially Ren. Seriously, by the end we still knew absolutely NOTHING about his personality), stick with the older Xros Wars protagonists, set them in the Digital World instead of the insanely boring DigiQuartz, and have them go on adventures with the protagonists of previous series. How awesome would it be to have Shoutmon, Ballistamon, and the like DigiXros with Agumon, Veemon, Guilmon, or others? The potential for great material would be staggering, and a much better attempt at an anniversary series/season that what we ended up getting.
    Having all of the previous protagonists join up with the older Xros Wars heroes would have been awesome. I still kind of liked the idea of making the protagonists from the previous series evil and then the characters from Xros Wars fighting them. They would be under the control of the new villain and defeating them would allow for the previous protagonists to join forces with Xros Heart. That way, there would be some kind of buildup to all of the heroes joining forces at the end, we would get plenty of interactions between the new and old characters and we could have gotten more insight/development in the older heroes. Plus, it would have been much cooler to see all heroes fighting the final villain together, instead of having this Brave Snatcher absorbing them. There would be the issue of hiring the voice actors for longer stretch of episodes and Toei probably didn't want to pay that much money for it, but it would have been so much better. I'm still so disappointed that after all that buildup for the previous protagonists returning, they're pretty unnecessary and hardly have a role in the finale at all.

Looking back at the series, I think Tagiru could have worked out better as a main character if he wasn't trying to surpass Taiki and they toned down his hyper/annoying attitude down a few notches. If he was just another kid that was taken into the Digital World for some reason and had to Hunt Digimon in order to survive, then he could have been more interesting and had more development. I still think that the relationship between Tagiru and Gumdramon is one of the few things that Young Hunters actually did pretty well. Not as great as it could have been if that they spent more time on the characters and story than fighting monsters of the week, but still one of the few aspects of the series that I did enjoy.

I definitely agree that the new Hunters were pretty pointless. We didn't know much about Ren's personality, aside from how cold-hearted he was in a couple of episodes with putting people's lives in danger to get rare Digimon and Airu was there just to be a girly Hunter and a forced love interest for Yuu, both of which I found extremely annoying with her character as the series progressed. Only Ryouma had an impact on the storyline, but even then, he could have been written out and I don't think it would have been drastically different. Quartzmon could have easily gathered Digimon Data from being one of the Digimon the other characters hunted or by hiding within the DigiQuartz itself. Maybe if all three of them were sent to the Digital World along with Tagiru instead of being in different groups, they could have been more interesting and actually useful to the story.

Like I mentioned before, this was seriously underwhelming after Xros Wars and if they had more time to plan out the storyline, then it could have been much better. While Xros Wars wasn't perfect and at best, it would be my third favorite Digimon series, I did get the feeling that the writers had planned out how the series would function and progress well ahead of time. I didn't get that feeling with watching Young Hunters and that's one reason why I hope that the writers will take a break for a year or two before making plans for another Digimon series. That way, they'll be better able to develop the storyline and characters than if they didn't have the time to do so.

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got a chance to watch the final episode and.....that was garbage.

One aspect that I loved was all the heroes teamed up, and yet...the ending was just so horribly open ended. I was really hoping we would see the characters as adults and really conclude things. Instead, we get a open ended ending that looked like it was made to enter another season of some sorts.

I wanted to like Taigeru, but I just couldn't see him as the hero in the end. His development was very poor and extremely forced upon. They should have just kept the same main characters from the last two seasons and had them team up with the previous Digimon heroes in the digital world. Hunters shall always be known as the lazy season that barely had any effort put into it, besides the "big finale" which is an extremely hit or miss. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the heroes unite just so they have something interesting about Hunters; Since most of the plot was dull and just full of one shot hit or miss stories that barely lead into anything.

Overall, Xros Wars was a great series that ended with a pretty bad ending. I loved the first two seasons, but Hunters felt more like a poorly written extra story if anything. As a big fan of this particular series, I'm really disappointed this is how they let it go out.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash View Post
    I finally got a chance to watch the final episode and.....that was garbage.

One aspect that I loved was all the heroes teamed up, and yet...the ending was just so horribly open ended. I was really hoping we would see the characters as adults and really conclude things. Instead, we get a open ended ending that looked like it was made to enter another season of some sorts.
    I don't know if I would have liked to see the characters as adults. That probably would have offered more closure than basically continuing on with the Digimon Hunts off-screen, but I would have preferred an epilogue that actually focused on all of the characters, rather than just Tagiru's reunion with Gumdramon. Even though Kiriha and Nene pretty much had all of their development and closure at the end of the Death Generals arc, it still would have been nice to see what happened to them after this battle. Akari and Zenjirou needed some closure, especially after they had just gotten their own Xros Loaders. The three other Hunters were overall pretty unnecessary, but we don't see how losing their Digimon and being a part of this final battle affected them either.

Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash
    I wanted to like Taigeru, but I just couldn't see him as the hero in the end. His development was very poor and extremely forced upon. They should have just kept the same main characters from the last two seasons and had them team up with the previous Digimon heroes in the digital world. Hunters shall always be known as the lazy season that barely had any effort put into it, besides the "big finale" which is an extremely hit or miss. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the heroes unite just so they have something interesting about Hunters; Since most of the plot was dull and just full of one shot hit or miss stories that barely lead into anything.
    My main problem with Tagiru, in this final battle at least, is that this was his chance to surpass Taiki. Even though he did save the world, it still didn't feel like he even came close to what Taiki did in the previous series. Maybe it was because Tagiru felt more like the hyper side character more so than a hero for the bulk of Hunters and that he saw collecting more Digimon as a chance to surpass Taiki, but it didn't feel like he was as strong as Taiki is and he didn't overcome as many challenges as Taiki either. That's one reason why I think Tagiru might have been better if he wasn't just so focused on outshining Taiki in everything and if he had more personal struggles to overcome. Though, I'll admit that the scene with Taiki giving his goggles to Tagiru was nice, mostly because of the emotions in Taiki's voice actress performance. As for the heroes uniting, I wouldn't be surprised if they just did that at the last minute to have something interesting about Hunters either. It was a guaranteed way to get people to notice the series if they were going to have all the different protagonists teaming up. Although, the serious lack of character interactions and pretty much dropping all of the other non-leaders from the last fight pretty much made the team-up feel extremely shallow and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash
    Overall, Xros Wars was a great series that ended with a pretty bad ending. I loved the first two seasons, but Hunters felt more like a poorly written extra story if anything. As a big fan of this particular series, I'm really disappointed this is how they let it go out.
    I think that being an extra story is one of the reasons why it was so poorly written. I guess that they weren't prepared for doing anything pass the Death Generals arc, so when they got an extra twenty-five episodes, they didn't know what to do. That would explain the terribly slow pace in this series, the pointless characters and the lack of development. If they had planned this out ahead of time with the first Xros Wars series, then I think that Hunters would have turned out much better than it actually did. It was so disappointing to see how this ended. I still wish that they had just redone episode 54 to include an emotional farewell between the kids and their Digimon partners with an epilogue at the end showing where the original Xros Wars character ended up a year or two after the final battle and then a scene in the Digital World showing that Shoutmon had become the Digimon King. That would have been a much more satisfying end to the characters.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if you talk about endings. Besides seeing what Shoutmon is up to in the digital world. I would have added a scene with the old clock man in the digital world taking care of the egg, and we see he has three young digimon helpers, two male, one female. And it is implied they are the reborn Tactimon, Blastimon, and Lilithmon. If Bagruamon got that second chance, those three and every evil digimon in Xros Wars deserved it. Even when they were evil, it was said that the Bagura army officers were friends. So seeing them reborn and playing as innocent young digimon would be nice.

I think I might write a fan fic about that, but I don't know what digimon they would be reborn as. Lilithmon obviously if she is reborn as a good digimon can't be Lilithmon anmore. The other two don't have to have new identites, but might as well. Any ideas?

MagicBox is offline xoBcigaM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since it's barely been one month, hopefully it's okay for me to bump this. If not, I apologize.

For those of you who'd love to legally see the first 54 episodes of Xros Wars subbed, Crunchyroll is putting up the series from the very beginning. More episodes will be uploaded soon. Here's their page for the series.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-x...t-through-time

Thankfully, it looks like they've corrected the episode numbering for the "Young Hunters" episodes, which are now 55-79 like they should be.

I'll definitely be re-watching! Even though the first 30 episodes are just a MacGuffin quest with no real direction, it's easily my favorite part of Xros Wars.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this show have an ending sequence? I watched the first episode on our Roku here, and I saw nothing resembling one. After the episode, it went to an extra segment, and then the preview. I ask because I'm suspecting Toei themselves of omitting the latest Toriko ending, and I'm wondering if they did the same thing to this show.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Better late then never I say. Yeah I realize i could have seen Xros wars already but I was hoping for legal means to see the show and now I have it.

ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    Does this show have an ending sequence? I watched the first episode on our Roku here, and I saw nothing resembling one. After the episode, it went to an extra segment, and then the preview. I ask because I'm suspecting Toei themselves of omitting the latest Toriko ending, and I'm wondering if they did the same thing to this show.
    No. All the episode specific credits are during the intro sequence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Remember that the first 54 episodes of Xros Wars should be discussed here (http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...%28Spoilers%29) and not in the Hunters thread. Technically all the posts from MagicBox on should be moved there since they refer to the first series (or first two series) of Xros Wars and not just the Hunters arc, which is what this talkback is for.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

MagicBox is offline xoBcigaM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    Remember that the first 54 episodes of Xros Wars should be discussed here (http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...ack-(Spoilers)) and not in the Hunters thread. Technically all the posts from MagicBox on should be moved there since they refer to the first series (or first two series) of Xros Wars and not just the Hunters arc, which is what this talkback is for.
    My apologies. I did look up that original Xros Wars thread, but since that one was significantly older (over half a year) and bigger (57 pages), I wasn't sure if it was okay to bump. Plus, Crunchyroll is confusingly labeling the entire series as "The Young Hunters Who Leap Through Time" on their site, so I figured I'd play it safe and post in this newer, shorter, semi-relevant thread.

Thanks for letting me know and sorry again.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    My apologies. I did look up that original Xros Wars thread, but since that one was significantly older (over half a year) and bigger (57 pages), I wasn't sure if it was okay to bump. Plus, Crunchyroll is confusingly labeling the entire series as "The Young Hunters Who Leap Through Time" on their site, so I figured I'd play it safe and post in this newer, shorter, semi-relevant thread.

Thanks for letting me know and sorry again.
    It's no problem. I'm not mad, and it's ok to post news in a thread as long as it is relevant to that thread. However, if you look it up under CR, they aren't classifying it all as Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time. Sure, they are placing all the episodes under the same page, and it happens to be the page they created for Young Hunters, but look at the actual episode list numbers. 1-5 are listed as Xros Wars. 55-the end are Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt through Time.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18