Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    I think these introductory episodes will end the week after Finn is "Introduced" to Rai. I wonder how these two will get along....
    Yeah, by the look of the last two episodes and the previews for next episode, it looks like each episode will have Rai teamed up with one member of the gang to introduce each character. Finn feels like the bland, yet serious member of the team at this point, but maybe he'll show more personality when he teams up with Rai.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah this episode wasn't that exciting. I don't find Donha that interesting as a character so his little take with Rai there wasn't very interesting. The preview for the next episode is shaping out to be a good one though. I can only hope that the series will increase in entertainment value from here.

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was a kinda boring episode but I liked it a lot!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was a kinda boring episode but I liked it a lot!
    If you don't mind me asking, why did you like this episode a lot, even though you thought it was kind of boring? There have been rather dull or boring episodes from other shows that I do like, but it's usually only parts of the episode or just a couple of aspects about them, instead of the whole episode and I still don't usually like them a lot. Those kind of episodes tend to be just okay or decent and I guess this episode would be decent at best, at least compared to how annoyed I was with the characters in last week's episode.

This episode didn't really have much of any enjoyable parts or aspects to it for me. The characters are still pretty dull, Rai is still the only one who actually has any motivation to get these Tai Chi cards, the comedy relief characters aren't funny, the actual goal of collecting the different Tai Chi cards isn't interesting or engaging to me at the least and the villains come off as incredibly generic and are easily defeated, often in a comedic fashion. The only things I liked about it were the theme song, which I still think is the best part about this show, and Rai being kind of friends with Donho felt slightly more believable than if he became Tori's friend after last week's episode. While I don't think that the show is terrible, it definitely doesn't feel that interesting and feels like a pretty generic toyetic show with mostly one-dimensional heroes and villains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok,That early eating montage WAS REALLY Annoying and the whole trapped thing was too long. I just liked that Donha proved that he was more than was a big eater and that he is a friend that would die for a friend who doesnt even like him! And those Tai Chi Stances were cool too! I think the show will improve a lot when we get past this "Character of the Day Saves Rai's hide" thing. Its really cliche and generic but I cant help but be moved by Donha's comraderie!

Oh and the EXPLODING ROCKS! Those were cool! There needs to be more fights and more fluid pacing.

And besides I have low expectations! You actually kind of help me there. Your comments make me wait a REALLY dreadful episode but I always get some fun thanks to the low expectations!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok,That early eating montage WAS REALLY Annoying and the whole trapped thing was too long. I just liked that Donha proved that he was more than was a big eater and that he is a friend that would die for a friend who doesnt even like him! And those Tai Chi Stances were cool too! I think the show will improve a lot when we get past this "Character of the Day Saves Rai's hide" thing. Its really cliche and generic but I cant help but be moved by Donha's comraderie!
    Donha's willingness to die for Rai, while kind of weird considering that he wasn't being much of a friend, for reasonable reasons in my opinion, was kind of nice. He was still a pretty dull character to me, but it was kind of nice. I don't think that the stances look cool. They seem more silly than anything else to me. I'm not sure if this show will improve a lot when we're done introducing the other characters with Rai. While the first two episodes were better than the last two that focus on Rai teaming up with one of the Tai Chi Chaser, it still wasn't anything impressive and still fairly generic. I also have a hard time seeing how the whole quest for the Tai Chi cards could be interesting when the backstory for this conflict sounded dull from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks
    Oh and the EXPLODING ROCKS! Those were cool! There needs to be more fights and more fluid pacing.
    I didn't think that exploding rocks were that cool and the fights so far have been nothing special to me. It doesn't help that the villains are generic and easily defeated by Rai, despite being new at this compared to the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks
    And besides I have low expectations! You actually kind of help me there. Your comments make me wait a REALLY dreadful episode but I always get some fun thanks to the low expectations!
    I've had low expectations for this show from the start and it still doesn't provide a decent amount of enjoyment to me aside from the theme song, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Believe me girl! You get SO DOWN I have no choice but to go UP! :P But yeah I understand, its does play hard to get and I do see why you feel that way.

....Sorry if its disrespectful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Believe me girl! You get SO DOWN I have no choice but to go UP! :P But yeah I understand, its does play hard to get and I do see why you feel that way.

....Sorry if its disrespectful.
    It's okay. I didn't think that was disrespectful at all. I have been feeling kind of more negative than I usually have been lately for a lot of reasons, although I do think that this show is still nothing really special.

As for this week's episode, I didn't care too much for it. It was getting kind of old to see Rai and Sena fighting all of the time. While Tori pretending to be Rai and Sena wasn't as bad as the time he pretended to be Rai's mother, it still wasn't the best idea to do. It would have just made their next confrontation worse due to how Sena would have probably thanked Rai for saying he was sorry, which would have gotten him upset, and the problem would basically solved by lies and deceptions.

I really don't think that Sena is a good leader. I don't think that a team leader would continue to demand order and respect from a team mate like that, especially when they were both in danger. A good team leader would want respect and cooperation, but I don't think that they would demand it like that, especially when she doesn't really sound like she has authority. She just sounds loud and angry most of the time. Despite being the leader, I've also noticed that she's either always been overpowered by these Dragonroids and needed help and/or to be saved by one of the boys, even in the first episode. That doesn't really put her in a strong light.

The two of them working together in the end was fairly predictable, as was Rai's emotions calling out that Tai Chi card. That seems to happen all of the time and it does feel like they're overpowering Rai. Although, I kind of got that impression from the start of the series. I didn't think that the villain that they dealt with was as bad as the last couple of villains, but she was still so dull and generic that I didn't care to look up her name and these Dragonroids still don't feel like much of a threat, despite how the show keeps telling me that they are. The fact that Rai and Sena went back to arguing at the end kind of made the episode feel pointless to me.

Overall, the episode, while not really terrible, just felt bland, dull and uninteresting for the most part. I'll still probably watch this show for awhile longer, especially since the preview for next week's episode doesn't look like Rai is teaming up with Finn, but I don't think that this show is going to end up impressing me or being that memorable in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know the show's mediocre and all that. I just try to give it some love, that's all.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I seen a couple of episodes, it's okay. Maybe I will keep watching.BTW, I did some reseach, and this show is actually Korean, so it is not really anime, or at least not the anime we are used to. It is still from Asia.