Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well Donha treats his enemies better than Rai treats his friends. Dam Rai is a jerk. This is the second one of the good guys bonded with one of the villains, a frenemy relationship the first being the cat and the dragon I forget their names. I wonder if there will be anymore in the future, though Rai kind has dibs on Link already, and I don't see any of the remaining Dragonoids forming any type of bonds with any of the good guys. I could see maybe Sena and Ave (if he ever gets back to normal) being forced to work together, but that would be played more for comic relief. The remaining two seem too one dimentional for that.

Speaking of which, I am not the biggest fan of vanilla head, but what that general is doing to him that is crual. This new general really gaining more sympathy for our bad guys the way he treats them.

Another thing, in the early episodes didn't the dub imply that Tori was a girl? I could have sworn they were episodes when people said "she" when referring to Tori.

Jtaylor1 is offline Not 9000! It Burns!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    Some of the interactions between Donha and Jahara were kind of nice, so having more of that in the episode could have helped it out too.
    Yes, It was almost like a Donha/Jahara pairing.
    R.I.P Yoshito Usui (1958-2009) we'll miss you.

A Tribute to Yoshito Usui (Exclusively on my YouTube channel)

Don't forget to check out my Deviants and read my journal at Jtaylor83's DeviantArt page.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor1 View Post
    Yes, It was almost like a Donha/Jahara pairing.
    I'm not sure if they were almost pushing for a pairing with those two. It felt more like genuine friendship between Donha and Jahara and that was probably one reason why she didn't follow orders in the end. Besides that, a pairing between them would feel kind of weird considering that Jahara must be at least in her twenties based on her design.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually kinda liked today's episode. It actually didn't totally bore me, and some of the fights were decent.

My big complaint is one that I've had before, though. The new villains got really hyped up, but by the end, they didn't look so impressive. Sure, they're stronger than some previous villains, but that isn't saying much. Also, the new group gave off Ginyu Force vibes for some reason.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Personally, I kind of liked last week's episode more. Despite how much I don't like Rai, it was kind of nice to see his family from when he was little. His father is obviously going to come back at some point to create peace between the Tigeroids and Dragonroids.

Though, this week's episode was okay too. It wasn't too boring and I definitely agree that the fights were decent. The new villains, while better than the current ones, are still too silly and annoying for me to take seriously, which is a problem when the show tries to make them look like such big threats. Considering that the old woman doesn't want Rai to use those cards, it would have made much more sense to actually explain why instead of just walking away.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new villains are just as non threaten and buffons like the old ones.Only difference I guess is they are better looking, is that considered a upgrade by the evil emperior? Seriously, where are the ruthless take no nonsense warriors that made this empire?

And oh yeah Ginyu Force vibe for sure. At least the leaders wants to be like Ginyu Force.
    Last edited by zoombie; 03-31-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Todays episode was okay. The only problem was that I think the writers wanted me to feel bad for the villains this time, but I just couldn't. They kinda deserve this.

- Izzy, Digimon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that the episode was okay as well. I was glad that most of the characters were starting to re-think how they view the Dragonoids and even Luca seemed to be having doubts about what he's fighting for. That does help to make the series a bit more interesting than if they kept painting the Dragonoids and Tigeroids as black and white like they have for the bulk of the series. I also got the impression that the writers wanted to make the villains more sympathetic. I only felt kind of bad for Jahara, mainly due to how she bonded with Donha in her previous appearance, but the other villains are so bland and generic that I couldn't really feel much sympathy for them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The way they have borken this down the last few episodes, it sounds more like waring tribes than good vs evil. Waring tribes think of themselves as the heros and the other tribe as the villains.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or did Tai Chi Chasers actually have a really good episode.

It was actually really exciting, and Finn was surprisingly cool against the faux Ginyu Force member (although it was weird when he turned into a doll)

At this point, even the villains can't trust each other anymore. Things are actually getting interesting.

- Izzy, Digimon