Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well, that film damage detail is nice. So far as the quality & the job done goes it seems like this is indeed a legit step up from the Dboxes, or on par at the very least.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Well, that film damage detail is nice. So far as the quality & the job done goes it seems like this is indeed a legit step up from the Dboxes, or on par at the very least.
    Not quite. The Dragon Box still has more detail and less damage in the picture, not to mention the NEPs and original title cards and credits.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Vegard Aune is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, at least it seems that FUNi did the best they could with the material they had access to, and that this remaster is at least competently done. While it does have the usual "dub episode titles only"-thing that all of FUNi's releases have these days (except the Dragon Box), that does seem to be the only genuine fault I can find that I'd say is actually FUNi's own fault. (I don't mind the credits being in English... And the title-issue is really more of a "The dub's titles are completely different from the Japanese ones, and so watching it in Japanese would result in one title being shown on the title-card and a completely different one being shown in the subtitles"-thing.) Yeah, the previews are gone, but we know they never had the masters for those in the first place... At least not on the film that they made this HD-transfer from.

Well, I still won't be getting them, being quite content with finally having the entire series in the format I always wanted it, but this set does appear to be the best deal for fans of the English version, at least.

Ferquin is offline I ♥ Princess Peach!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, I think after I get the final Dragon Box, except for collecting Kai, I'm pretty much Z-ed out. I might think about Blu-Ray Z if they make a big box set. But for now, I'm kinda through buying more Z.
    No one loves you.
    They're just pretending to be nice.
    But they talk bad about you when you leave the room.
    You're gonna die alone.
    - Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Ferquin N.C. Root
    The Ferquinarium

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Daizex has their podcast review up. The final verdict indicates it's not a bad release and that FUNi's certainly improved after the travesty of the Orange Bricks.

I've been seeing brick and mortars stores selling this for twenty-five bucks, so don't be afraid of prices!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    Well the big vibe A LOT of people I talked to got was that the trailer was very Toonami-esque.
    They really do feel Toonami-esque. FUNimation is no stranger to those kinds of promos though usually they have more of an "Adult Swim" flavor and this feels more like old skool Toonami.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    They really do feel Toonami-esque. FUNimation is no stranger to those kinds of promos though usually they have more of an "Adult Swim" flavor and this feels more like old skool Toonami.
    Can somebody give me a better link to this promo? It would never load for me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    Can somebody give me a better link to this promo? It would never load for me.
    The Level 1.1 trailer. The Level 1.2 trailer.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I kinda liked the 1.1 trailer, but I didn't care much for the 1.2 trailer. That one just felt more boring to me.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I have all of the Dragon Boxes and I've been getting all of the Kai Blu-rays as they've been coming out, so I have no reason to get this. I guess it was inevitable that they would do this, so it's good that at least they avoided a lot of the problems they could have had, but I find them completely unnecessary. I'm glad that there was never anything to persuade me to buy them, because I really didn't want to have to buy the entire series again, especially in possibly the highest number of installments of any single anime title since the days of everything being released as singles, certainly for Dragon Ball.