Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I don't know who is more evil, or will be the final boss if it is either one, Dr. Faker or Tron, but Tron is the one I most want to see get his. I can't stand the little brat.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I don't know who is more evil, or will be the final boss if it is either one, Dr. Faker or Tron, but Tron is the one I most want to see get his. I can't stand the little brat.
    Dr. Faker doesn't seem like final villain material to me. Though, it helps that he really hasn't done much at all. All of his appearances have been brief, with many some lines adding a bit more to the plot, such as bringing up the Astral World, and then he disappears. He only acts like a villain, instead of actually doing something to be a villain. If it wasn't for his appearance in the opening theme, I would have completely forgotten that he's even in this show. Dr. Faker isn't so much evil as he is boring and non-threatening.

Despite being introduced in the second arc, Tron and his group have been much more active with their goals and Tron actually has a present in the series. He's a creepy little kid and I'm still curious as to what plans he has for Shark, especially when he still has that Number card, but I'm honestly wondering why he isn't the major villain for the series. He definitely fits that description more than Dr. Faker does. Though, he's probably only going to be the final villain for the WDC arc, but he seems to be more thought-out than Dr. Faker is. I don't think that the writers knew what to do with him, so they decided to create new villains and figure that out later. Even with the new opening showing that he's going to be buffed up, I still can't understand why they're trying to make it look like Dr. Faker is the matermind behind the series when he hasn't done much of anything.

Tron doesn't bother me that much though. He's creepy, but not too annoying. The only brats in this show that I can't stand are Yuma and after his attempt to sneak into the finals again, despite being threatened for the first offense, Flip. Yuma is still a poorly written, incredibly annoying and unlikable main lead and Flip, who I don't want to look up his original name at the moment, has no redeeming qualities to balance out his attempts to cheat and I seriously question why he's included in the supporting cast if he's going to treat his so-called friends as distractions like that. Though, everyone following his suggestion to crawl under the carpet when there were a ton of people around them, many with cameras, kind of shows that everyone in this cast is pretty dumb too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention Toukensuke. He is the worst friend ever. He keeps getting Yuma and company in trouble, Yuma has enough problems has it is.

On the subject of Faker and Tron comparisson, I say this I like Faker's subdoinates much more than Tron's subdoinates. They seem more likeable, and more importandantly they duel with honor, at least honor for antagonist. The Number siblings fight dirty, even III who is the nice one of the group we saw what he did the last few episodes, I like Kaito and Gauche more than the Number siblings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention Toukensuke. He is the worst friend ever. He keeps getting Yuma and company in trouble, Yuma has enough problems has it is.
    He didn't even a friend at this point. He's just hanging out with the main characters so that he can use them to his advantage when the time comes. Toukensuke has barely interacted with Yuma, or anyone from the main cast for that matter, since his debut, so I really don't see the point to his character. Zexal apparently hates to take the focus off of Yuma, so it isn't like they would focus on Toukensuke to balance out his behavior with redeeming qualities. I don't even understand why Yuma would risk his place in the tournament for him when they hadn't had any interactions after their duel to make it seem like they're good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie
    On the subject of Faker and Tron comparisson, I say this I like Faker's subdoinates much more than Tron's subdoinates. They seem more likeable, and more importandantly they duel with honor, at least honor for antagonist. The Number siblings fight dirty, even III who is the nice one of the group we saw what he did the last few episodes, I like Kaito and Gauche more than the Number siblings.
    I don't know if you can really say that Kaito duels with honor, even for an antagonist, when he took Shark's soul, realized that he didn't have a Number card like he originally thought and kept it anyway until he tied with Astral/Yuma, especially when his debut heavily implied that he didn't like to steal other people's souls. It wasn't like he couldn't release a soul he took or that it was part of an agreement he had when that match against Astral started. I think one can make a better argument that Gauche duels with honor more so than Kaito does. While I do find Kaito's past more interesting than anything involving Yuma and he has a much better reason for dueling than Yuma does, I've been annoyed with him ever since that duel against Shark, which clearly marked him as a Gary-Stu. Droite barely has a personality and hasn't stood out that much, beyond her concern for Kaito at least. Though, I liked what I saw of her deck when she dueled Yuma along with Gauche. Gauche seems okay to me, although I think it's completely unnecessary for him to join the tournament at the last minute to duel Yuma when he could just do that whenever he wanted.

As for the Number siblings, I think that they're more interesting and complex than Dr. Faker's henchmen. Though, at the moment, we really only know enough about III and IV. V has barely appeared and has had few lines, so we can't really determine his personality or how he would duel for that matter. I think he's supposed to duel Kaito in a future episode, so we'll probably get more of him later on. III is one of the few emotionally complex characters in the series. He's clearly the nice one of the group, but he feels like he should follow his family in their quest for revenge after being separated from them for who knows how long. He remembers how they were before Dr. Faker did something to them and drove his other family members to revenge. III seems to be the only one who doesn't genuinely want revenge, at least like his other family members. He did use some underhanded actions in his duel against Yuma, but to be perfectly honest, nothing from that duel made any sense at all. There were so many holes in the writing. Everything from Yuma deciding to not listen to Astral out of nowhere, III's motivation constantly changing to something different, the purpose behind the match being destroyed completely once III used that power to make Yuma forget that catchphrase and separating him from Astral, Tron giving III what was basically a card that could kill him and destroy the world and Tron apparently wanting some result from this match when it was III's idea to go check out Yuma and challenge him to this match in the first place were just painful to see. However, despite all of those flaws, and more, that one was the only Yuma-related match in the WDC preliminary round that was actually interesting. Most of his duels that led to him getting another heart piece were usually either just mediocre or really bad.

There could be some level of complexity in IV's character too. Based on the flashback III had before his duel, IV used to be a relatively happy little kid, so something major had to happen to turn him into a creepy guy who enjoys torturing people with his duels. Despite his "fanservice" moments, he does seem to genuinely care about III, based on the tag duel against Yuma and Kaito and his reaction to seeing III after his duel against Yuma, so he still cares about his family. I honestly wasn't too bothered when he injured Tetsuo and the class rep kid. Both characters have had little importance and focus in the first arc that I haven't become that attached to them to the point where I would care if they were injured. Tetsuo is probably the least bland member of the main cast, which admittedly isn't saying much, but I still don't like him that much more than the other characters. And I don't care about the class rep kid so much that I don't bother referring him by his actual name. I thought it was worse when he was using that image of Haruto being tortured during the tag duel to mess with Kaito.

With III and arguably IV, they've felt much more interesting villains and they're more connected to the main plot than Gauche and Droite are. They seem like better villains to me and their past can flesh out their personalities some more to make them more complex.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 52

It is obvious who the hooded girl was. I knew it was Anna from the first time I saw the hooded girl. Hoods aren't great disguices, just ask the girl in Mermaid Heel, everyone seems to think they know who she is. I love how she was just there and not in the actual tournament. Hillarous.

Anyway the more series goes, the more I am loving Gauche. I hope he survives this whole arc, and becomes an allie in the next arc.

General thought, Just me or does Heartland feels like he is going to be the Yeager of the series. A puppet, a wessel, but still not completely evil, that there is still hope for him.

Episode 53

A set up episodes, Yuma paid back Gauche for his help. And it is Tron vs Droite next episode, and we find out something about Drotie's past and how she is connected to Kaito. She was acting like a mother hen this episode to Kaito. Even though they don't remember but deep down she knows, she is connected to Kaito, maybe an older sister. That is the most likely scenereo, I don't think she is old enough to be his mother, she looks to be Akari's age, I guess Yuma and Kaito have more in common, I love it. Also might explain why she and Gauche took Haruto's kidnapping so personally. They were as angry as Kaito about that.
    Last edited by zoombie; 05-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Episode 52

It is obvious who the hooded girl was. I knew it was Anna from the first time I saw the hooded girl. Hoods aren't great disguices, just ask the girl in Mermaid Heel, everyone seems to think they know who she is. I love how she was just there and not in the actual tournament. Hillarous.
    Personally, I didn't think that was funny. It was actually kind of disturbing if you think about why she was doing this. She tied someone up, stole their heart pieces and their place in the finals just to be with Yuma. That really bothers me since it shows what she's willing to do out of her crush for Yuma. They basically turned her into a female Toukensuke in her appearance and I think even Kotori mentioned the similar behavior between the two. After her debut, I was disappointed with how she developed a crush on Yuma, but this second appearance just made her completely unlikable for me. All she did in the end was act as a shield for Yuma and then fly off after she lost. I'd be happy if she never came back to be perfectly honest. There are far too many useless characters in this show and we already have two useless female characters. There's no need to add another one. Besides, I'm still annoyed with the fact that Yuma even has a harem. At least when Jack had a harem in 5D's, it made sense due to how awesome he is, although I still didn't like it due to how he should only be with Carly. In comparison, Yuma is an annoying and unlikable idiot, so I don't see the mass appeal the female characters see in him.

Anyway the more series goes, the more I am loging Gauche. I hope he survives this whole arc, and becomes an allie in the next arc.
    Yuma already sees Gauche as his friend because they dueled once. Yuma's whole belief is that duelist automatically become friends after they duel, which still doesn't make any sense when one thinks about it and there have been a few times where he contradicts his beliefs in dueling, but Yuma already treats Gauche more like an friend than an enemy.

General thought, Just me or does Heartland feels like he is going to be the Yeager of the series. A puppet, a wessel, but still not completely evil, that there is still hope for him.
    I don't really get that impression from Mr. Heartland at all. If anything, it feels like he's pulling the strings for Kaito due to being the one who took Haruto away initially and telling him that he would help heal Haruto if Kaito finds all of the Numbers. I don't think that there's been any signs on-screen to make me believe that there's still hope for him. He feels more like a villain than Dr. Faker does, which doesn't say much considering how he has done nothing, but it feels more like he's pulling even Dr. Faker's strings with how he apparently knew who Tron is.

Episode 53

A set up episodes, Yuma paid back Gauche for his help. And it is Tron vs Droite next episode, and we find out something about Drotie's past and how she is connected to Kaito. She was acting like a mother hen this episode to Kaito. Even though they don't remember but deep down she knows, she is connected to Kaito, maybe an older sister. That is the most likely scenereo, I don't think she is old enough to be his mother, she looks to be Akari's age, I guess Yuma and Kaito have more in common, I love it. Also might explain why she and Gauche took Haruto's kidnapping so personally. They were as angry as Kaito about that.
    Given that Droite has memories of Kaito in those previews, I don't think she has a problem with remembering anything. I think that the screens on their Duel Coasters at the start of the episodes showed how old they are. Apparently, Kaito is eighteen, while both Gauche and Droite are nineteen. I can kind of believe that Droite is nineteen, but Gauche looks so much like a guy in his mid-twenties at least. Kaito always struck me as a fifteen year old, so being eighteen is just weird, especially when he looks too short to be that age. I'm not sure if Droite being like an older sister gives Yuma and Kaito another thing in common. Akari hasn't really helped Yuma that much and her attempts to protect him was basically telling him not to duel, which was extremely pointless. I think only Gauche was really upset when Haruto was kidnapped to the point where he tried to beat up Yuma, which I was okay with. Droite was relatively calm from what I remember.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since there is no talkback thread for Yu Gi Oh Zexal 2, I guess we can continues the discussion here.

Looks like from the OP and ED, at lot of characters are dropped from the series. Including Akari, Gauche, Droite, the number siblings, etc. I am disappointed to see some of these characters go, hopefully we haven't seen the last of all of them. Especially one character giving a new character introduction, more on that later.

I don't know why they went through all that trouble in the OP and ED to hide Rio's complete face and mainly her eyes, only to show her complete face in episode 5. If it is more later in the series, but episode 5. Ever since I found the truth about IV and the circumstances of why he did the things he did, I have always kind of been a IV / Rio shipper. He was fourced to hurt her, and always felt regret for that. I wish he was around to seek redemption and forgiveness from her. Bring IV back.
    Last edited by zoombie; 11-18-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since there is no talkback thread for Yu Gi Oh Zexal 2, I guess we can continues the discussion here.
    Well, Zexal II isn't really a new series. It's been promoted like it is one, but narrative speaking, it's treated like the same show. It's kind of like Best Wishes season two in that regard.

Looks like from the OP and ED, at lot of characters are dropped from the series. Including Akari, Gauche, Droite, the number siblings, etc. I am disappointed to see some of these characters, hopefully we haven't seen the last of all of them. Especially one character giving a new character introduction, more on that later.
    Akari is forgettable enough as it is, so I don't mind that. I didn't care much for Gauche and Droite either. Gauche was the more entertaining out of the two, but I don't mind the idea of him being dropped from the series. Droite was boring even before they revealed her crush on Kaito and by the end of the first season, she basically became the Kotori of his group with doing nothing but cheering for Kaito and calling out of his name, so I definitely would be fine with her being written off. I actually like most of the number siblings, although Chris was kind of boring. I'm sure that they'll appear again at some point.

I don't know why they went through all that trouble in the OP and ED to hide Rio's complete face and mainly her eyes, only to show her complete face in episode 5. If it is more later in the series, but episode 5. Ever since I found the truth about IV and the circumstances of why he did the things he did, I have always kind of been a IV / Rio shipper. He was fourced to hurt her, and always felt regret for that. I wish he was around to seek redemption and forgiveness from her. Bring IV back.
    It's even more ridiculous that they hid Rio's face when they showed her during some of the preview images for the new season. While pairing IV with Rio kind of makes sense, I'd actually prefer for Rio to not have a love interest. I'm already tired out of all of the female characters in this series being treated as love interests for main characters since it just makes it look like they don't know what else to do with them. If being love interests actually gave each character some good development, then I probably wouldn't mind it, but as it is, I would like for just one female character in this show to not be treated as a love interest, although that's probably not too likely.

So far, Zexal II hasn't been that much different from the first season, which is why I compare it to Best Wishes season two. At first, they did a decent job with setting up the new villains, but for the last few episodes, the villains have been pretty stupid with basically repeating the same plan over and over again expecting different results. Most of the new characters haven't really done much for me. Rio, so far, is the only exception. She is a bit of a Mary Sue with being that good at all of the clubs the day after being released from the hospital, but she actually does have a pretty nice personality with being friendly and tough in different situations. Her first duel also showed that she does have some nice strategy and I like the relationship between her and Shark. While I don't think that this is how I would have liked Rio to be handled, they are at least trying to do more with a female character in this series beyond being a cheerleader/love interest and it's hinted that she is connected to the Barian World, so I give them credit for that.

I've also heard that the preview for the next episode shows Kotori dueling under the Barian control. I honestly couldn't care less that Kotori is finally dueling. Just because a female character duels doesn't make them good characters. Cathy and Anna duel, but I find Cathy completely boring and Anna is basically unlikable to me after the stunt she pulled in the WDC finals. More importantly, dueling hasn't helped either one of their characters. In GX, I thought that Asuka was boring, even though she was the first female duelist on the main cast. Unless they start making Kotori more interesting, I don't think that dueling is going to help her out. Besides that, since she's under Barian control, I have a strong feeling that this is going to be a one time deal more than anything else.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well we are not going to see any real romance in this series, don't kill me wrong. And I am not a shipper either, I just think those two would make a nice couple and makes sense. I don't really care much about romance. We are not going to see that on this series I know that. The closest we could get is for IV and Rio to have a tag duel. That is enough for me.

Though if that qualifies as shipping moment, than Yuma, Shark, and Kite, they are praticularly married.

I have only seen as far as episode 6, from the look at the end of that episode, Rio and Cathy are not going to get along. Yest the bad guys plan does get old, but this is a new season, I guess we have to expect and accept that for the time being.

I think Yuma, Shark, and Kaito they are new Yuesi, Jack, and Crow, and Kotori is the new Aki, we just need one more member and we have our new team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well we are not going to see any real romance in this series, don't kill me wrong. And I am not a shipper either, I just think those two would make a nice couple and makes sense. I don't really care much about romance. We are not going to see that on this series I know that. The closest we could get is for IV and Rio to have a tag duel. That is enough for me.

Though if that qualifies as shipping moment, than Yuma, Shark, and Kite, they are praticularly married.
    If it isn't going to mean anything for either character, then I'd rather not see them become a couple, especially when I'm tired of female characters being love interests just because they're cute.

I have only seen as far as episode 6, from the look at the end of that episode, Rio and Cathy are not going to get along. Yest the bad guys plan does get old, but this is a new season, I guess we have to expect and accept that for the time being.
    I could have done without that cat gag at the end of the episode. It just seemed like a weird way to make Rio look cute at the end. I'm also hoping that there won't be much interaction between her and Cathy since I really don't like Cathy. I don't think being a new season excuses the fact that the plan was old by the third attempt to use it. At least with the first two tries, they went for people that looked tough and the second guy was a professional duelist. Going from that to random people at Yuma's school is a significant step down and I don't think that it should be like that if they want to make the villains threatening. They sound better in some of the preview information I've read about, but that doesn't mean that the start of a new season should excuse any flaws that the villains, or anything for that matter, should have.

I think Yuma, Shark, and Kaito they are new Yuesi, Jack, and Crow, and Kotori is the new Aki, we just need one more member and we have our new team.
    Yuma, Shark and Kaito are the new main trio. They had that in DM as well with Yugi, Jonouchi and Kaiba, although I forget if they had something like in GX. I don't think that Kotori is the new Aki per say. She doesn't have as much significance as Aki did in at least the first two arcs. She's just the new female cheerleader, which Aki did become, unfortunately, in the post Dark Signer arcs. At least saying Yuma, Shark and Katio are the new Yusei, Jack and Crow kind of makes sense given that they're the main three duelists that they now love to promote for the anime.