Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dexters Lab is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are your thoughts on dinosaur king?

Like This Thread!
    I used to like Pokemon and it looks somewhat similar is it a fun show worth checking out or terrible?

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked it. It's not particularly great, but it's a decent "monster"-esque show. Fairly episodic starting off, but by the end of the first storyline, it begins an ongoing story that I found quite enjoyable. The one fairly large downside I found was that the battles are fairly dull, particularly the lifeless and somewhat jarring CGI.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it too. While I don't think it really stands out compared to a lot of other toyetic/monster battle shows, the characters were generally fun, there was some interesting aspects to the storyline, especially during the second arc, and the battles could be pretty good at times. It isn't exactly like Pokemon, but I think you'd like Dinosaur King.

FFmax is online now Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dinosaur King, they're done with that show right? I kinda liked it, the battle animations for their attacks looked fantastic, didn't care for the Team Rocket clones though.The green woman haired had Jessie's 4kids VA!! I think they were called the Alpha team or something.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

ShadowBlinky is offline Best Marathon Ever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked how they featured lesser-known dinosaurs.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The show has many of the original Pokemon casts basically playing the exact same characters. So...
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

D Dubbs is offline Wish Upon A Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    The show has many of the original Pokemon casts basically playing the exact same characters. So...
    Also, Darren Dunstan was the ADR, and he also directed the majority of Pokemon as well. So, if you like the dialogue from the 4Kids seasons of Pokemon, you're very likely to enjoy Dinosaur King's dialogue. There are some episodes that are really quite hilarious, like "A Gameshow Showdown" "The Big Apple Grapple" "Double or Nothing" "Dinosaur Amour" "Ninja Nightmare" and "Lights Camera Destruction!" Darren Dunstan and the voice actors really have a blast with those ones.

The show appears to have no continuity at all in the beginning but slowly things start coming together and the end result is pretty sweet. The final 10 episodes or so of season one are quite intense. But yeah, the first 6 episodes are pretty bland...if you want you could skip episodes 4-6 and you wouldn't miss much (1-3 are pretty necessary for establishing the show though).
    "If some have learned something that is fine. If others have learned nothing that is fine as well, more importantly...it was fun, right?"
    - Master Norb

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlinky View Post
    I liked how they featured lesser-known dinosaurs.
    They sure did! I couldn't pronounce the names of half the dinosaurs in the show, and the 10-year-old kids were rattling their names off without a hitch. As far as I'm concerned, the only dinosaurs they fought were triceratops, raptors, and t-rexes.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFmax View Post
    Dinosaur King, they're done with that show right? I kinda liked it, the battle animations for their attacks looked fantastic, didn't care for the Team Rocket clones though.The green woman haired had Jessie's 4kids VA!! I think they were called the Alpha team or something.
    I think 4Kids finished airing Dinosaur King around a year ago. While the Alpha Gang did come off as Team Rocket clones and weren't as fun for me, they could still be pretty funny at times and I liked how they teamed up with the D-Team during the second season.

Dexters Lab is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ive been watching and maybe i didnt pay enough attention but i have a ton of questions about the basic premise of the show that i just dont under stand.
    1)so what are the dinosaur cards exactly? fragments from the past that transformed into cards instead of fossils? they each have on attack card? can you interchange attack cards?
    2)how exactly does that device thing work and why can the dinosaurs transform into chibi forms?
    3)did the alpha gang create the cards? what exactly did that professor create? if he created the cards why are they all around the world? why exactly is the alpha gang bad guys?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast