Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    jlaking is offline Brainiac is someplace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    FUNimation Channel VOD returns to FiOS in April.

From the FUNimation Channel's Facebook page:

ATTN Verizon FiOS TV customers: We appreciate the support and all the incredible efforts at making Verizon FiOS TV aware of your feedback and comments. We want to let you know that we will return to FiOS TV via their On Demand service in April where we will offer up to 40 hrs of titles ranging from the newest releases to fan favorite classics - from Black Butler 2 to Vandread. Some titles will also be available for free. Continue to let Verizon FiOS TV know that you still want the channel. We will announce expansion on other video systems in the coming months.
    We will post more information as it becomes available.
    Black Butler II will debuting April 24th at 9 pm according to the slider on the FUNimation Channel's website.
    If you want the FUNimation Channel, click here for more information (remember if there is no demand for it, you will never get it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to its schedule, the FUNimation Channel will begin airing Heroic Age on April 9th at 10 pm.
    If you want the FUNimation Channel, click here for more information (remember if there is no demand for it, you will never get it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to its schedule, Trinity Blood will be making its FUNimation Channel on Monday at 10:30 pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to its schedule, Sekirei: Pure Engagement will be making its FUNimation Channel on Friday at 1:00 am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This past week the FUNimation Channel began airing 'Okami-san' on Monday at 9:30 pm and 'The Legend of the Legendary Heroes' on Tuesday at 10:30 pm.

Source

VSigma100 is offline Still Gold
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just thought. What happens if FUNimation Channel completely dies out? Like no company ever carries the channel anymore? Because TBH I could see it happening in the near future. Like would they sell the rights to the shows to other networks? The network most likely being [adult swim] for Toonami? I don't know I just see something of the sort happening soon, because at this rate they're most likely just loosing money from the channel, and not really making any. I just feel like in the end it would be a waste of time for them to keep it on.

Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VSigma100 View Post
    What happens if FUNimation Channel completely dies out? Like no company ever carries the channel anymore?
    Here is a full list of the companies that carry the (linear) FUNimation Channel:

AT&T U-Verse
    Frontier
    Groton Utilities
    SureWest
    Sjoberg Inc.
    Wavevision
    iFiber

Media Man is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Companies that carry the (linear) FUNimation Channel

Quote:
    Here is a full list of the companies that carry the (linear) FUNimation Channel:

AT&T U-Verse
    Frontier
    Groton Utilities
    SureWest
    Sjoberg Inc.
    Wavevision
    iFiber

The only REAL MSO (multi-system operator) on this list is AT&T U-verse they have 4 million subscribers. The rest of these providers are small, small, small MSOs that have limited coverage and do not have any where near the number of subscribers AT&T does.

If AT&T drops it. Then the Funimation Channel is done.

It is in my opinion the channel has a distribution problem. It has been around for 7 years and in all that time they could not convince any of the big big big MSOs to carry the linear channel? Only FiOS and AT&T? There is something seriously wrong here. Like lack of demand.

If Funimation instantly wants Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, DirecTV and Dish Network to carry their channel, the only way this is going to happen is if they buy out an existing cable channel and move their programming there. G4 would be a good candidate- buy them out move the anime programming to that channel and bam! You have instant coverage across the country.

NikoPowers is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, i really wish that my cable service had this channel. I have xfinity from comcast and there are absolutely NO anime channels. I mean, sure this channel is available on demand, but that's really about it. I did get this channel back when verizon FiOS was my cable service, though. My favorite show on there was Galaxy Railways. I wonder what's on that channel now...

firecrouch is offline A Pimp of Science!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Media Man View Post
    Quote:

If Funimation instantly wants Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, DirecTV and Dish Network to carry their channel, the only way this is going to happen is if they buy out an existing cable channel and move their programming there. G4 would be a good candidate- buy them out move the anime programming to that channel and bam! You have instant coverage across the country.
    That's completely unrealistic. Do you really think an anime channel has the capital to buy out another channel? I mean what kind of channel would they purchase anyway, and who would agree to it?

Also at the FUNimation panel at Anime Expo they had a representative from FUNimation Channel speaking. She said they're still talking to EVERYONE, and that if you don't hear any announcement in the near future it's because they can't seal the deal yet. Also she said there will be announcements in the fall, and hinted at a big carrier.