Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent94 View Post
    I am assuming the this will be followed up by a Jinchu Arc adaptation.

Okay..someone more competent than me please feel free to properly quote the article because this thing is not cooperating with me
    {quote} text {/quote}, except with brackets. There's also a quote button in your message box that will insert it for you, toward the right side.

I can only hope it does lead to Jinchu eventually, because it's rather superfluous otherwise. Kyoto is a great story arc, but well-covered. I'm surprised they're going for redundancy & hope that they offer sufficient context for even a new viewer to get into the OVA. But with just two parts, I'm uncertain.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Narita Ken is now voicing Saitou. Hmm...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku
    I'm surprised they're going for redundancy & hope that they offer sufficient context for even a new viewer to get into the OVA. But with just two parts, I'm uncertain.
    I'm sure any new viewer would be advised to watch the first season of the first anime before watching the this. Now that I think about it; it is funny that Kenshin wears a pink kimono in the first anime.

From the POV of a new viewer the first season is much more light-hearted overall so the pink fits, but when the new viewer transitions to this new OVA, the kimono will be red which kind of represents the transition to a more serious storyline.

Kind of reminds me of how the DBZ Ocean dub was played on CN during the early Saiyan saga in which the characters sounded younger and the Funimation dub was played later on in which the characters voices sounded much deeper; making it feel like a transition; all of which was completely unintentional.

I think I am a complete geek for noticing this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps the purpose of this OVA series is simply to recap the Kyoto Arc for people who have already seen the first anime; not necessarily to replace. It is possible it will just skim over the Tokyo Arc in the first few minutes; Similar to the first 13 or so episodes of FMA Brotherhood.

In any case, it is good that we will finally be able to watch Kyoto Arc in it's original bloody glory that the first anime toned down.

My main concern is the english dub. I recently emailed Aniplex about it (I suggested they reunite the Mediablasters dub) and they told me that when/if they licensed the new anime; that they would definitely put that in consideration. Hey, it's better than nothing!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Since this is going to be an OVA, I hope they maintain the level of violence from the comic. They might as well make use of the format.

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really disappointed. Kyoto already got a pretty faithful adaptation with the TV series. Meanwhile the Jinchuu Arc STILL remains unadapted.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So long as the OVAs sell well, they'll make more of them.

I don't think a run time has been given, either. Interesting...

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if I like this OVA idea myself but it is better than nothing which is always a good thing so I really can't complain =). And the fact that they are doing a two part OVA on Kyoto means we will probably get the arc after finally animated a bit after if they sell well.

Ryusuke is offline SomethingWithTheR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An OVA remake of the Kyoto arc? Not what I was hoping, but hey, least the animation will be good! And the composer for the original series is back.
    "Don't take life too seriously; you'll never make it out alive!"
    - Bugs Bunny, "Rabbit Feat" (1960)

Captain Highwind is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's probably just a test pilot for a 26 episode series later if things go well (jinchuu arc), get everybody back up to speed, and free up more episodes instead of cramming things down our throats like FMA Brotherhood's first season did. Black Rock Shooter is one such anime that got greenlit after having its OVA serve as a pilot.

Kinda puzzling why they'd bother at this point to test if the series is popular enough though. After all this time it seems like they should be crazy enough to take all the risks they want. But I can see why they skipped to Kyoto, since it has the most characters at play in one arc, compared to the Tokyo stuff.
    2010 Completed Game List
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth; God of War III; Final Fantasy XIII; Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots; Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney; Grandia; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night; Power Stone; Power Stone 2; Dino Crisis