Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    So Lady Chiyo and Kankuro will be getting an episode? That...actually sounds pretty cool. At the very least, it'll be interesting seeing them interact.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, I was just looking at the chapter adaption list. Episodes #223-242 adapted no chapters. Episodes #257-260 were recap episodes and of course adapted no chapters. Episode #271 and #279-281 adapted no chapters. Episodes #284-295 also adapted no chapters. We haven't adapted any chapters now since episode #302. Usually, the longest stretch Date and company go without adapting is twenty-ish episodes, which we're coming up on. After the 4 July episode we might see a return to adapting the comic for the remaining three July episodes. Or we don't. They might as well wait until right up before they change the Opening...or they just decide to change the Opening without covering Madara versus the Kage yet, which would work, too.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, I'm semi-surprised Kabuto has not revived Kushina or any of Sasuke's immediate family (besides Itachi whose role in this is already done), especially as it's clear it won't be happening in canon. THAT would be an emotional gut-punch to Naruto and must-see filler of the highest order. I am sure there's some rule barring Kabuto from doing so but considering throughout this filler he's indiscriminately reviving people and hurling them at the good guys I don't think it's a stretch.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    DNA is required to use Edo Tensei, I believe. Then again, I'm not sure they can't just hand-wave that somehow anyway. Maybe Kishimoto told Date and friends he was going to bring Kushina back later?

That aside, we should hopefully getting some new staff or title lists in soon. I'm eager to see what Pierrot has planned for July. Will they try to build up a stockpile beyond seventy-four chapters or start adapting the comic again? Where does Wakabayashi fit into all this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just can't help but feel they're blowing a major opportunity here to craft something really memorable. Also, considering how much DNA Kabuto has seemed to acquire in the anime, getting Kushina's DNA (or any other Uchiha DNA for that matter) is not out of the question. It would not surprise me if Kishimoto told the anime staff to not touch either Naruto's or Sasuke's immediate families, however. You are right in that there's still a chance it might happen in the manga later, I had forgotten about the change of circumstances there.

But I think they could have mined a cour of material out of Naruto vs. Kushina or Naruto and/or Sasuke having to deal with Fugaku & Mikoto, easily.

A new ED has been announced but I don't know when it's going to debut. Probably in July like usual. I could see canon returning then.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, a cour for that would have been nice. I think they're hesitant to touch up on that because of how key those characters are, though. I think there's still one or two of their original storylines to wrap up, though. Was it the fights with Gari, Pakura, and the other Seven Swordsmen? Hmm...

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shouldn't the manga be far enough ahead already that the anime staff doesn't need to worry about catch up to it anymore, what with the end of the series almost in sight?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
    Shouldn't the manga be far enough ahead already that the anime staff doesn't need to worry about catch up to it anymore, what with the end of the series almost in sight?
    Comic chapters #633-635 are probably already in Studio Pierrot's hands. Naruto Shippuuden has covered up through part of chapter #558, the third chapter of volume #59. That's less than eighty chapters behind, although I believe Series Director Date Hayato said they have already storyboarded the episodes that will cover volume #60. Adapting at least two chapters an episode would get the comic caught up in thirty-five episodes. As the cartoon uses two chapters an episode, Kishimoto only adds one. The comic might not be finished by then, so in thirty weeks (covering sixty chapters) Kishimoto would have added only another thirty chapters, assuming he didn't take a week off for rest or whatever. Right now the comic's story hasn't taken too much of a break. Chapter #617, the last chapter in volume #64, could be used as a breaking point from the fight. If they wanted, Pierrot could take enter an alternate reality arc like they did for Bleach there. Chapters #618-627 break from the action of the big battle taking place throughout volumes #59-64. Chapter #628 returns to the fight.

Pierrot appears to have been holding back since episode #302 to let the gap grow as large as they can. This way they won't have to break from the story too soon or run at a pace of one chapter an episode. For a show that doesn't have a consistent source of the money necessary to do more fighting in an episode it is best to work with more than one-chapter-per-episode. Pierrot uses this buffer to plan ahead, too. Knowing what storylines are coming up Date can work with his contacts to see if they are available to handle a big budget episode. I assume this is how we got two Tsuru Toshiyuki episodes for the Hidan arc (#82 and #85), another for Sasuke versus Deidara (#123), six minutes of key animation from Tanaka Hironori for Jiraiya versus Pain (#131), Episode Director Nigorikawa Atsushi and Animation Supervisor Sessha Gorou with key animation by Kouda Masayuki for Sasuke versus Itachi (#135) and Sasuke versus Killer Bee (#143). In fact, Yamashita Hiroyuki took an unusually long break after episode #101, returning to do key animation for Kakashi and Obito in #120, #123, #131, #133, #137, #141, #143 (one of his crowning jewels).

I think Date and friends want to weather the storm as long as they can. Maybe Kishimoto has already given them a solid idea of when the comic is going to end and that's what they're waiting to act on? Maybe that idea isn't too solid, but they're just waiting for this current fight in the comic to end? Assuming the current fight ends in around chapter #640-645 Pierrot could begin adapting again with the comic ending before they caught up, too.

It's worth noting that Yamashita Hiroyuki last did key animation for episode #303 (7 March) and Naruto SD #51 (26 March). We're not at episode #315 with no Yamashita or Kouda since the end of March. I'm thinking that this means they're busy working on something big. Since the Opening will change in October I do think we'll return to adapting the comic before then, since the Opening covers Madara versus the Gokage.

If Pierrot wants to be clever, actually, they probably could take another break after the Gokage fight. Pierrot doesn't necessarily need to adapt the comic panel-for-panel. If they just wanted to cover this fight with Madara before returning to original stories for October and beyond they could cover the rest of chapter #558, then #559-563 altered to include the parts of #575-578 that cover the fight. The September episodes could do that with ease before getting into the other two fights that occur during those chapters.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 06-05-2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added missing '#'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the Naruto anime has never entered an alternate reality arc like what happened in Bleach, the closest to that was the Genjutsu World in Road to Ninja. It would be a shock to see that pulled now, especially after all of this war filler. I think they have to do at least a small amount of canon before they could pull something like that. However, a cour or two of "Naruto What If" or "Naruto For Want of a Nail" with four-five episode snapshots of how the Naruto story could've turned out if something had transpired differently could be interesting. They could do anything from Sasuke refusing to join the Sound Four to Naruto's parents surviving to Naruto or Sakura being given the Cursed Seal of Heaven in the Forest of Death or anything else that would've been a big game changer. Pulled off well, the result could be incredibly interesting. Whether Pierrot will do it though is another story.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would love to see an alternate take on the first two or three Shippuuden arcs. I can see it now, the first episode's pre-opening sequence is a re-creation of Naruto versus Sasuke at the end of Part I. As Sasuke stands over Naruto after having stabbed him with a Chidori we cut to Kakashi arriving on the scene to find...Sasuke having slung Naruto over his should and begun walking back to Konoha, a giant grin on an unconscious Naruto's face. Cut immediately to a recreation of Rocks as the Opening, this time with the teenage Team 7. A year's worth of episodes that look at what might have gone down had Sasuke returned to the village and how Orochimaru would have been forced to change his plans.

Not that I don't love the series as-is, I just think it'd be fascinating to see.

...that or a few cours of Naruto and Sakura's whacky newlywed adventures!

....okay, the former's a lot more likely. Probably. Unfortunately.