Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #356

Like This Thread!

Very nice episode for all of our unambiguous good guys. Yamato gets to ditch one of his early names, and he earns Kakahi's attention.

I really wish we could just have this ED forever.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was the last episode for the current OP and ED. We have a new OP and ED with the next episode. "Guren" by some artist I never heard of, DOES, will be the new opening. DISH//, who already contributed "I Can Hear" to the "Kabuto hurling random zombie ninja at the heroes" filler episodes last year, is contributing another ED theme. It's called "FLAME".
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    This was the last episode for the current OP and ED. We have a new OP and ED with the next episode. "Guren" by some artist I never heard of, DOES, will be the new opening. DISH//, who already contributed "I Can Hear" to the "Kabuto hurling random zombie ninja at the heroes" filler episodes last year, is contributing another ED theme. It's called "FLAME".
    Oh awesome, I love DOES. As much as I don't want to remember those episode, that ED wasn't bad, so it shouldn't be a bad pair. But god I love this ED, especially with how well the visuals and the timing work.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Niji" is a really good theme and fits the tone of the arc, even in the Kakashi filler we're in. I like it too.

Off-topic, Naruto Shippuden's dub is up to episode 235, it's in the Sea filler. I've noticed that Yamato's VA, Troy Baker, seems to have been replaced. It sounds like Matthew Mercer is voicing Yamato now, and he's doing a half-decent Troy imitation. Something tells me Baker got too busy with his video game and Western animation work to continue Yamato. Odd, considering the most recent episode has Liam O'Brien and Laura Bailey in it.

Either that or they're having Troy radically change his delivery for Yamato, but I have trouble believing that.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #357

The Opening is a solo work by Suzuki Hirofumi, the character designer of the series. This is the most work he's for the series in damned near forever. I wish he'd provide key animation more often. Hell, let him direct and key animate an entire episode himself every few months.

The Ending is a directed, storyboarded and key animated by Matsumoto Kengo. Yamashita Hiroyuki provides some key animation as well. I suppose this explains where they have been. I hope they're on an upcoming battle episode soon.

Everyone's adult actors are back.

Guy begging to join the Anbu was hilarious. Denied...twice!

Itachi joins the Anbu! That can't lead to anything bad! Poor kid, he's the pawn of Fugaku, Danzou, and in a way the Third Hokage. Well, at least he recognizes this. It looks like we know why Kakashi eventually decides to lead the Anbu, the 'darkness'! Speaking of which, Itachi has some 'darkness' of his own to try and escape.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #357

Great DOES song, and great animation to go with it. I guess that the trend of the spring/summer OPs vs. the fall/winter OPs.

I definitely miss the previous ED, but this one certainly isn't bad.

It feels a little weird to still be in this filler flashback with all the new songs and animations.

Are there any recent clips of Yamato in the dub? I'd be able to tell who's voicing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Are there any recent clips of Yamato in the dub? I'd be able to tell who's voicing him.
    Watch the recent dub episodes at your leisure at Hulu: Watch Naruto Shippuden Online - Free at Hulu

Yamato is all over the recent dub episodes that are in the Sea Filler.
    I'm a stargazer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Watch the recent dub episodes at your leisure at Hulu: Watch Naruto Shippuden Online - Free at Hulu

Yamato is all over the recent dub episodes that are in the Sea Filler.
    Yep, he's definitely voiced by Matthew Mercer now. I hope Troy isn't really done with anime for good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode #361: Team Seven (08 May 2014)

The arc ends after the 01 May break, eh? I believe Date said this would be the last original story arc for the year, so I guess we're looking at the rest of the year covering the comic, probably up to at least fifty chapters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Yep, he's definitely voiced by Matthew Mercer now. I hope Troy isn't really done with anime for good.
    That's what I thought. =(

If Naruto and its big pre-lay equivalent paychecks aren't enough for Baker, he's probably done with anime for good unless Hawkeye shows up in a Marvel anime. Melancholy, but it shows how in-demand his services have become by people who can pay out even more money than Naruto.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #358

I love this arc. The way small bits of dialogue and flashbacks are placed into chronological order and fleshed out is a lot of fun. The lessons this story has to tell are quite vivid. If Danzou had simply tried to trust so many lives could have been spared. If Fugaku had tried to open dialogue so many lives could have been spared.

Danzou versus Shisui was quite well done. I loved the quality of the drawings and the use of lighting. This episode was done in HD, too. Usually only every four episodes is mastered in HD.

Upcoming staff:

#358:
    Animation Supervisors: Seiko Asai & Yuuri Ichinose
    Storyboard & Episode Director: Atsushi Nigorikawa
    Script: Katsuhiko Chiba

#359:
    Animation Supervisor: Daiki Handa
    Storyboard: Yukihiro Matsushita
    Episode Director: Fukutarou Hattori
    Script: Katsuhiko Chiba

#360:
    Animation Supervisors: Hiroyuki Yamashita & Masaya Onishi
    Storyboard: Shinji Satou
    Episode Director: Daisuke Kurose
    Script: Masahiro Hikokubo

#361:
    Animation Supervisor: Ik-Hyun Eum
    Storyboard: Tetsuto Saitou
    Episode Director: Masayuki Yamada
    Script: Masahiro Hikokubo
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 04-10-2014 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #358

So just a few more for this arc, huh? Sounds good to me. It's still very interesting to see the bits of background we've been given throughout the series woven together into a cohesive story of the past like this, but I'm also ready to look to the future, or whatever the story is focusing on in the canon world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 359

More good stuff for tying all of the backstories together. Some sloppy character art for background characters in crowd shots, but the rest was decent if not generally on the remarkable side this time. Not much opportunity for impressive animation really, but good enough for what we did get. We're nearly done now, and that makes sense considering how much of the Leaf's history we've covered by now. Looks like we'll probably have some pretty good closure and lead-in to the era we've been in for most of the series.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #359

Yeah, aside from the bad animators this was pretty good. Episode Director Hattori Fukutarou was nice to try using coloring filters to capture a sort of water color-esque look this week. I hope some other episode directors in the rotation try that.

It looks like we're on the home stretch now. This arc sure has been morose, even without relying on the more dark coloring and shading.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    5/15: Episode #362. "Kakashi's Determination"

Looks like we are returning to adapting the comic in mid-May. Well, at least Nigorikawa Atsushi is directing an upcoming episode...

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are they seriously going to show us the whole bell training test all over again, instead of getting back to the story?

I don't think it is about getting to close to the manga anymore, I think the anime producers just love doing fillers. They do way too many fillers, meanwhile One Piece doesn't do enough of fillers. Maybe those two show should swap producers at least temperary. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 360

And it all comes full circle. Appropriate for an episode 360, no?

The parallels with Kakashi's first appearance in the series were very strong, especially since the team he was on was of course exactly like Naruto's. I assume the re-showing of the test we all saw from the beginning of the series will be from a very different perspective, so that hopefully won't be too bad. At least getting an iconic scene newly animated after twelve years should be interesting.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #360

Yamashita Hiroyuki returns! His cuts during the bell test were gorgeous. That animated ground was so gorgeous.

I love how this story is being tied into the early chapters of the comic. I figured that milk scene with Kakashi would be recreated, too, although I expected the scene to have been turned into the Third Hokage trying to teach Kakashi the lesson he seems to have learned at the end of Episode #360.

It's also interesting to note that where Kakashi failed to trust his comrades during his bell test under Minato the young Uchiha Sasuke succeeds. Hohoho, Mister Sharingan!

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Are they seriously going to show us the whole bell training test all over again, instead of getting back to the story?

I don't think it is about getting to close to the manga anymore, I think the anime producers just love doing fillers. They do way too many fillers, meanwhile One Piece doesn't do enough of fillers. Maybe those two show should swap producers at least temperary. LOL
    The story is coming to a natural conclusion. If they can mine the story for character benefit then they ought to do it, especially if it buys us more time. There's only one or two more places that the story can stop mid-arc without changing the comic-adapted episodes radically. We ought to enjoy this while we can so we have one less one-chapter episode to suffer through.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18