Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 310

Like This Thread!
    Oh, the tragedy of constant pointless filler. And what's the obsession with Part I lately? The next arc will probably be pretty irrelevant to me since I of course haven't seen Road to Ninja, but I guess I'll see how it is anyway.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Oh, the tragedy of constant pointless filler. And what's the obsession with Part I lately? The next arc will probably be pretty irrelevant to me since I of course haven't seen Road to Ninja, but I guess I'll see how it is anyway.
    Well, they're not pointless. They mean two or three chapters get adapted an episode. That's good. They add their own entertainment value to the series, too.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well for a filler story that began with a food eating contest, had a dark ending. Oh well move on to semi canon stuff next week with the special movie chatper adaption.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the looks of it, we're still going to be stuck in the filler for a while. I'm wondering if they're stalling until the manga's over.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    From the looks of it, we're still going to be stuck in the filler for a while. I'm wondering if they're stalling until the manga's over.
    I'd agree (and quite frankly it's what I would do until Kishimoto gave a straight answer on when he was going to be finished), but based on the Opening animation I'm inclined to think we'll actually return soon enough, probably before the Fall Season begins. With a Wakabayashi Atsushi episode rumored to be incoming, Series Director Date Hayato confirming Wakabayashi had sent him a storyboard, and confirmation at the last JUMP Festa that a fight from volume #61 would receive a high-budget episode I'm a lot more inclined to think that we will see a return to adapting the comic within the next three months.

With Kouda Masayuki and Yamashita Hiroyuki seemingly missing from the upcoming rotation of animation supervisors I'm also inclined to think they might be working on something big. Although for Yamashita that might simply be because of the re-takes he supervised for the home video release of Naruto Shippuuden: Road to Ninja. I also have to wonder what Sessha Gorou is up to now that Naruto SD is over. Hopefully he and Kouda are working on their next masterpiece, ala episodes #135, #143, or #194.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think we'll be returning to the canon until the current ED theme is over at the very least (speaking of which, the ED animation is very . . . random). Personally, I'm kinda of shocked they found a place where they could stall in the Fourth Shinobi World War, but they defeated my expectations and found one. At least they've managed to make some of the filler seem like it matters.
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    June will continue the trend:

June 6: 316. Edo Tensei Allied Forces!!
    June 13: 317. Shino vs. Torune!!
    June 20: 318. A Hole in the Heart - The Other Jinchuuriki
    June 27: 319. The Soul That Dwells Within a Puppet

318 is about the Hachibi Jinchuuriki before Bee. 319 is about Chiyo and Kankurou.
    If Yamashita and Kouda aren't in this rotation, I wonder if maybe they're working on something special? Hmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, they're definitely stalling. Then again the manga's looking like it's gonna wrap up pretty soon so at some point I'm sure the direction will be given to "go for it".

I'm kinda shocked that haven't drawn some of the characters from past filler arcs like Guren into this. Make it seem like they semi-matter, you know?
    I'm a stargazer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They brought in Gari and Pakura who are from...something. A movie? Anyway, old foes from the two television series' have shown up here and there. Delving back into Guren and those guys would be interesting. The villains from the Sora arc would be, too. I was actually hoping they would do a little more with the Sound Four, but at least we got one Yamashita Hiroyuki supervised and key animated episode out of it.

I think it'd be cool if Kabuto re-animated some original 'legendary samurai character', if only to re-involve those guys a little more.

EDIT: If they kept this up through all of September the could get up to episode #332. Another sixteen chapters would probably help us define when the comic will end much better.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 05-23-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added note about filler.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 314

I feel like as soon as I got caught up with the anime again, I already wanted to drop it again. If the manga is ending soon, maybe I should just sit the rest of this filler out and enjoy the conclusion without any stalling or added nonsense when the time comes? I want to just enjoy everything the anime has to give us, but this filler has been pretty damn painful.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)