Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 350

Like This Thread!

The Nine Tails attack in thick brush strokes was really beautiful, and they pulled it off very well.

Still really enjoying this arc even though it's not from the manga. Kakashi is definitely the perfect character to explore.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #350

The cuts with the Nine-Tails was from episode #258, actually. Yamashita Hiroyuki did those, I believe, and they are indeed insane.

So, Minato was the sitting Hokage for about a year, maybe more, assuming Kushina was with child for nine months. It's a shame the arc has been on such an accelerated schedule, this time with Minato as the sitting Hokage could've been explored more. Oh, well...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was confirmed in the canon that due to being a jinchuuriki Kushina's pregnancy took ten months. So Minato's reign as Hokage was probably longer than a year.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, there we go. It's been a while since I had the time to go back and re-read the comic or whathaveyou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    The cuts with the Nine-Tails was from episode #258, actually. Yamashita Hiroyuki did those, I believe, and they are indeed insane.
    I wondered if it might've been taken from a previous episode, but that was during the period that I wasn't watching and just caught up from where the physical US Shonen Jump magazine left off with the canon episodes and assumed there wouldn't have been any scenes of that in that time. I'm glad I got to see it here, even though this arc is also unnecessary in the grand scheme (although I'd still consider it plenty valuable).
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #351

The intrigue continues to be a lot of fun. I'm glad these early transition days are being covered. I have to wonder how Kakashi plans on earning Yamato's respect. Obviously Danzou isn't going to be found out any further then he really is, so I have to wonder what the arc's big climax is going to be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #351

Still pretty good. This arc feels a lot more important than I was expecting.

O-chan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because of the way I watch Naruto it's hard for me to differentiate between where they are using the canon material and where they are filling in blanks which, honestly, reflects well on this arc of episodes. I do wonder how much of this information has Kishimoto's OK because of its relevance with the canon material?

Overall I like these episodes and it doesn't feel like their just doing a flashback to buy time like more filler flashbacks tend to do. These episodes also make me miss the Third Hokage, he was awesome.
    Please view my artwork and my musings here:
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #352

I'm liking these fuller looks into events previously only lightly touched upon. It's also interesting seeing Yamato's backstory and the abilities of his people. This is a great chance to do an interesting fight scene. I hope Sessha Gorou directs the climax of the arc, he's great with smoke effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #352

Yeah, this reminds me a bit of a Fate/Zero situation, in that it's making a full story of the past that the series proper doesn't entirely delve into. Not nearly as good obviously, but for Naruto filler, I can hardly think of the series ever doing any better. Yamato isn't one of my favorite characters, but he still has an interesting background to look at, and of course it's still Kakashi's arc, which is a natural fit for this stage of the story.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #353-354

Wow, that fight scene from the second half of episode #353 was done by Fujiwara Mai, from what I'm hearing. I hope she continues to work under Yamashita Hiroyuki so he can develop her into another Kouda Masayuki. Kouda has moved on to act as character designer for Baby Steps so we're in need of a new regular ace.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the story was nice this week, too. Let's hope we can keep exploring this era for a few more months!
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 03-07-2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Fixed wording to remove a possible misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 353

Damn, really liked that fight animation. I'm so glad Pierrot is pouring unprecedented effort for filler into this arc, both in terms of quality and storytelling. I didn't love the entirety of this one as I feel the bit at the festival dragged a bit, but it's still very enjoyable overall, which is very much unlike Naruto filler before now. I'm still very curious to see how the canon story continues, though, so I'm also looking forward to that. And we get another twofer this week, so onto the next one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 354

Nothing as good as the previous episode, but more consistently solid overall. Not a bad way to close out this little story. As we continue Kakashi's story next time, it looks like much of the same in terms of character involvement, not surprisingly. I hope it ends at a good point before returning to canon.

Zipp_Rezzeppa is offline No dice, Cowboy!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bob in and out of this series so forgive my ignorance. Is this little Kakashi arc filler? If so, any idea how much more of this is there?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipp_Rezzeppa View Post
    I bob in and out of this series so forgive my ignorance. Is this little Kakashi arc filler? If so, any idea how much more of this is there?
    This arc is not in the original comic. There is no indication as to how much longer the arc will run, although the new Opening and Ending begin in April. April is the beginning of the spring season, so one would perhaps assume that is when the series will return to adapting the comic, but who knows? After this there are really only two other places to break from the comic before heading into another television series-original arc to buy time. It might be best to hold off returning to adapting the comic for at least another three months. Hell, with a movie coming up soon it might be prudent to wait until Fall for the TV series to return to adapting the comic.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The March and early April Schedule, but just short summaries and not the titles:
    13日 ヤマトがカカシの目狙う
    20日 カカシに助けられダンゾウ裏切るが命を狙われることに
    27日 休み
    3日 うたちクーデター

Looks like this story arc will continue for a while longer. I'm hoping this arc lasts through most of April and May at the very least. The longer we can dodge the bullet on the effect that the 2014 film and 2014 video game cut scenes will have on the TV series, the better. There is no episode on 27 March so that Pocket Monster can have their make-up.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 03-12-2014 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Added further explaination.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #355

March 06 - 353 - Orochimaru's Test Subject
    March 06 - 354 - Their Own Paths
    March 13 - 355 - The Targeted Sharingan
    March 20 - 356 - Konoha Shinobi
    March 27 - 000 - No Episode

April 03 - 357 - Title unknown, but the episode is supposdely related to the "Itachi/Uchiha coup".
    Also new OP&ED should start on this episode
    There were some neat drawings this week, specifically of Yamato's hair when he was on the ground. Considering the seeds planted in this episode I suspect episode #356 will contrast Yamato and Danzou and their loyalty to Konoha. Toss in Itachi and you have three shinobi with three very different loyalties to their village.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Episode #355

Definitely some interesting exploration of the various players in this plotline and their respective mindsets on the current events. I'm not sure if this arc will continue to keep me engaged for much longer, but at least it will be better than any other filler.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode #356

Hoho, the Third sure did play Danzou. All that blustering around and Danzou still lost control of the situation, what a nut.

Also, Senpai noticed Tenzo! That final scene had Kakashi acting much more like the Kakashi from the main storyline.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    4/3: 357. The Uchiha in Anbu
    4/10: 358. Coup d'État
    4/17: 359. The Tragic Night
    4/24: 360. Supervising Jounin
    Episode #360 is about Kakashi leaving the Anbu to become a Jounin Sensei. I wonder if we'll see him failing a bunch of kids?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast