Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Results 1,801 to 1,806 of 1806
    Radical is online now The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Chapter 744 was pretty awesome, Sabo having Ace's Fire Devil Fruit powers and Doflamingo's trump card, sweet,

Spoiler:
    Cool to see the epic Kuzan/Camel in the coverpage, they got a brain freeze, hahahahahahaha.Gatz the Dressrosian announcer was pretty great/enjoyable.At least the piece of trash Diamante being water submerged was satisfying.Sabo(Lucy) being the winner of the Corrida Colosseum was sweet and Sabo(Lucy) eating Ace's Fire Devil Fruit having his fire powers is pretty awesome, he can now carry on to Ace's legacy to be amazing/invincible to have Devil Fruit powers, pretty 100% awesome to me.Sabo finally revealing himself looking like an older blonde Monkey D. Luffy is pretty cool.Sabo saving Rebecca along with his powerful strike destroying the remains of the stage was sweet.Hajrudin being an awesome anti-hero clobbering Trebol along with showing Usopp the freed fighters of the Corrida Colosseum was great, I now respect Hajrudin now going from obnoxious minor loser villain/jerkhole to great likable anti-hero now.I'm happy for Usopp to show his bravery/courage on being a true savior/hero telling Hajrudin to destroy the SMILE factory and save poor Macherie/the enslaved dwarves, go Usopp.Nice to see Burgess, but Blackbeard's despicable plan for his crew to have Ace's Fire Devil Fruit powers failed which was satisfying!!!!!A shame that Sabo or Bartholomeo didn't give Diamante a beatdown, but at least the angry mob of non-toy people are gonna give Diamante a sweet satisfying beatdown though, hahahahahahaha.Bartholomeo upset about Sabo not saving him was funny, hehehe, it will be sweet when he comes to the Strawhats.Sabo, Koala, and Hack revealing themselves to be from the Revolutionary Army to Rebecca along with wanting to stop Doflamingo/Dressrosa from promoting wars all over the world was pretty sweet, I'm happy the Revolutionaries came to Dressrosa.Kyros easily crushing the soldiers/poor Buffalo with ease was epic.Luffy freeing Trafalgar was great, his alliance may be over, but he's still an awesome comrade/friend to Luffy.Cool to see Gladius(him and his explosive Devil Fruit power are awesome).Kyros freeing King Riku was great.Pica comes and saves Doflamingo's head and Doflamingo still alive from his Devil Fruit ability was nice.Doflamingo about to his ultimate secret weapon/last resort called the "Bird Cage" is gonna be sweet, and it looks like Trafalgar knows about it, interesting.Rats, no mentioning of Kin'emon saving Kanjuro, well Chapter 745 will show it.Agreeing with zoombie, I'm worried about poor Oda's health as well.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-10-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ussop Jesus was Hillarious. Looks like he's the big hero of this arc.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

G1Ravage is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't help but feel that the Sunny has become the D plot of this arc....
    Vegas...now??

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chapter 744

And just like that, we have Fire Fist Sabo, finally getting his official reveal with his scarred face and Oda Box in all their glory. He's clearly a known revolutionary, and it looks like he's about to make a bigger splash with ever. Between the plans they've certainly laid out, the Straw Hats' own mission, and this new power, he's definitely in a good place to.

But perhaps more importantly than anything is our lord and savior Usopp. That was glorious.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Neo Ultra Mike is online now 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Chapter 745 has come out and I'm talking about it.

Spoiler:
    Cover: Two page color spread of the Straw Hats on bath day, or Laundry day. Either way it's quite obvious some of them care more about preforming the actions then others and if you know the crew it's the usual suspects.

Review: Here are the weak points of this chapter: like a few others I don't like the idea of fights being skipped. To be fair this was far more forgivable as it was a bunch of nameless goons vs Diamnte and Trebol (who I guess are now working together to protect the factory. Makes sense) but it still sort of bothered me. Also I always don't like it in a shonen manga where only one person is doing the fighting and others are doing backline commentary when they could be joining in. It's only for a bit here but it is kind of noticable.

The rest though.... makes this by far the best chapter in awhile. And that rest though falls slowly on Doflamingo.

Okay there was a good start with Robin reuininting happily with the other revolutionaries (ha so she DID know Sabo. That means that 4 year prediction of mine was true in a way) and a funny joke with Usopp, but yeah the rest belonged to Doflamingo. Who did what I like to call the "desperate emergency plan/last resort/back up" plan. Now obviously some baddies make up these sort of plans on the spot that somehow work out or are overly analyatical that they're doing things they had no way of predicting. This though makes sense. After in a very cool action scene showing off his marionette abilitiy with a copy of him and actually being easily able to knock away Luffy (who even said that hurt Yeah Doflamingo's going to be his first actual time skip challenge fight) and then Pica knocking away the group, he uses the bird cage to put his knife strings on the island so no one can escape. At first I was like "kind of cool but doesn't everyone do domes nowadays? Can't you do anything better?" But yeah then I remembered that not only do those strings cut, they control. And Dof is using that just on random people to cause trouble. So yeah though it can't really be hidden whose doing the controlling now doesn't really change the fact that pretty much anyone CAN be controlled. Plus I really love his ultatmintum at the end: he's going to be in his palace and if someone wants to try killing him they can do so (actually Dof has a lot of good lines in this including "let me show you how to properly behead someone") but if they don't feel they're up to doing that he's got targets they can kill he'll pay them for. So yeah it's a "well obviously our heroes will aim for him but there's a whole country full of people who may realize that'd be the stupid thing and go after them" and you know how much chaos that's going to cause. Plus the way he speaks about it this was a previous idea but one he didn't go with since yeah Doflamingo though a scheming manipulative jerk can also be rather lax and drifting at times. And obviously this kind of requires constant effort ergo it being a more last resort. It's actually a solid plan and honestly a DIFFERENT plan then we've seen other baddies use. Even Crocodile didn't have the whole country offer to either off him or try and kill people he said to.

So yeah Doflamingo makes this return well worth it honestly as a very solid and enjoyable chapter. This is espeically good to see since sometimes returns chapters even with higher expectations aren't worth the wait but this one very much was so and has me even more excited for this part of the arc. Which is no question now going to be the action section of it. Hope the action stands as good as the little tease we got here.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 745

My thoughts on the latest chapter of One Piece.

Spoiler:
    A great chapter, Birdcage was sort of what I thought it was. Though Doflamingo plotting to kill everybody that is a interesting twist, but that does mean it is over for him, no on dies in One Piece, so going for kills, is not going to work.

I do wonder who will give into Doflamingo to save their own hides, and who will resist him.

Though I got a chuckle at the Marines being in dissary, they wanted to Dolfamingio over Luffy in this arc, that is what you get.

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91