Page 89 of 185 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1841
  1. #881
    Beat is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,552
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by 09MurphyM View Post
    Considering what happened in Japan, I won't be suprised if there's no One Piece next week.
    There won't be any manga next week.

    I think they have a more than valid excuse. It's selfish to think about it in those terms, all things considered manga is probably the LAST thing both we and the Japanese should be worried about, but I wonder. The reason so many people on the internet care about the Japanese is because of what they produce.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

  2. #882
    Rynnec's Avatar
    Rynnec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    good question
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    There won't be any manga next week.

    I think they have a more than valid excuse. It's selfish to think about it in those terms, all things considered manga is probably the LAST thing both we and the Japanese should be worried about, but I wonder. The reason so many people on the internet care about the Japanese is because of what they produce.
    Exactly, this post on another forum put it best:




    To further on the "lack of concern for the earthquake/crap going on at the Middle East" vs. "massive otaku concern over the earthquake in japan" comparison, it should be pointed out that...







    • 1)the news around here are a lot more rampant about reporting the effects and the death tolls (surprisingly low considering the magnitude) of the earthquake in Japan compared to back when the middle east had an earthquake. I'm guessing it's because there is literally nothing else significant to report about lately...
    • 2)As cold as it may sound, japan has a bigger effect on the general public than the middle east does. For the average citizen, that country has a lot more togive. As the source of most of the best video games, theres also a large amount of other entertainment media(don't forget, this is an INTERNET forum), and more importantly, other exports, such as electronics, science, etc.
    • 3)INTERNET



    I'm not going to say X people is worth more than Y people. Because "everyone is equal" yada yada. But I'm not afraid to say that X has more effect on us than Y
    Needless to say, we should be more worried about whether or not our favorite Mangaka,Seiyuu, artists, designers etc, are going to be okay for their general safety and well being, rather than whether or not they'll be able to produce the things we like again.
    Currently Watching: Darker Than Black

    Currently Reading: Tsukihime, Mahou Sensei Negima, Hayate Cross Blade

    Currently Playing: No More Heroes, Skyward Sword, Persona 4

  3. #883
    TnAdct1's Avatar
    TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Chiyo-chan's America
    Posts
    6,923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    There won't be any manga next week.

    I think they have a more than valid excuse. It's selfish to think about it in those terms, all things considered manga is probably the LAST thing both we and the Japanese should be worried about, but I wonder. The reason so many people on the internet care about the Japanese is because of what they produce.
    First, it does appear that Shounen Magazine (another weekly manga magazine in Japan) will still have an issue this week (as that issue was printed before the earthquake hit). However, it may be late (which is very understandable).

    Second, I pretty much agree with Beat here if there's no additional manga titles this week and the week after. Face it, after an earthquake as powerful as that one, it's going to be a while before things get to normal. So, it's best to give anime and manga companies a break the next few days as they need time to recover from this major disaster.

    Third, that final comment and Rynnec's post does make a good point. On one hand, many people on the Internet will likely worry that the earthquake will have some effect on something that doesn't involve the safety of others (heck, I myself am a little concerned that the earthquake result in a delay of the 3DS). However, that doesn't mean that all concerns are selfish. After all, my father is currently in Hawaii on a business trip (and hence was possibly in the path of a tsunami).
    Last edited by TnAdct1; 03-13-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

    "ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

  4. #884
    RonDrakenfan17's Avatar
    RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
    First, it does appear that Shounen Magazine (another weekly manga magazine in Japan) will still have an issue this week (as that issue was printed before the earthquake hit). However, it may be late (which is very understandable).

    Second, I pretty much agree with Beat here if there's no additional manga titles this week and the week after. Face it, after an earthquake as powerful as that one, it's going to be a while before things get to normal. So, it's best to give anime and manga companies a break the next few days as they need time to recover from this major disaster.

    Third, that final comment and Rynnec's post does make a good point. On one hand, many people on the Internet will likely worry that the earthquake will have some effect on something that doesn't involve the safety of others (heck, I myself am a little concerned that the earthquake result in a delay of the 3DS). However, that doesn't mean that all concerns are selfish. After all, my father is currently in Hawaii on a business trip (and hence was possibly in the path of a tsunami).
    Eh? So they will release a new chapter this week? Well I mean yah, they have it done and every thing I can see why they'd just release this weeks. But yah understandable if they don't release any after. As it is, I keep hearing the schedule for Japan TV is back to normal, I was shocked when I heard that but I don't know
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

  5. #885
    TnAdct1's Avatar
    TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Chiyo-chan's America
    Posts
    6,923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDrakenfan17 View Post
    Eh? So they will release a new chapter this week? Well I mean yah, they have it done and every thing I can see why they'd just release this weeks. But yah understandable if they don't release any after. As it is, I keep hearing the schedule for Japan TV is back to normal, I was shocked when I heard that but I don't know
    My comment pretty much explained that there will be at least one manga magazine with an issue this week (Shounen Magazine, as it was printed before the earthquake). However:

    1. That issue may be arriving late to some people due to the quake;

    2. The status of other magazines having their regular issues come out this week or next week is still up in the air (with me explaining that I can understand the delay and lack of magazine, given how some "forms of entertainment/sport" in the U.S. took about a week off a decade ago due to the events of 9/11).
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

    "ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

  6. #886
    mumbo's Avatar
    mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    618 spoilers are out:

    Spoiler:
    Translation from Wild Seven on AP

    Sanji chooses death by looking back at Shirahoshi.
    She is so beautiful he turns to stone.
    Luffy is tied up.
    Vander Decken comes.
    Luffy uses Haki and some technique to win.
    Nami and Keimi are going to the Forest of Sea.
    Zoro marginally? cuts Hodi and Hodi bleeds from his mouth.


  7. #887
    Beat is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,552
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shounen Jump is still publishing? Is Oda still writing?

    Something seems off.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

  8. #888
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    24,161
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Shounen Jump is still publishing? Is Oda still writing?

    Something seems off.
    These things are done in advance. We probably won't see an issue next week, though.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

  9. #889
    straw_hat's Avatar
    straw_hat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    -
    Posts
    1,802
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The issue after this one is getting a One Piece X Toriko crossover.


  10. #890
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    24,161
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by straw_hat View Post
    The issue after this one is getting a One Piece X Toriko crossover.
    Ah, now Cross Epoch has been completely pushed aside.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO