zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 737

Like This Thread!

My thoughts on the latest chapter of One Piece

Spoiler:
    God dam it I wanted to see more of Luffy and Zoro vs Pica, the way they hyped him up Pica better not disappoint. Well unless there is no conclusion and the whole thing is interupted or they find a way to cheat him out of it, I think Sado is going to win this thing.

So anyone thinking Ushop is going to screw up and turn into a toy. Maybe just me, but from her facial expression, Sugar doesn't look as evil as we all previous thought. It doesn't seem like she is enjoying her job. Well she is Miss Goldenweek 2.0, and she wasn't evil, just a mischief maker.

Too bad we are going on a break.
    Last edited by zoombie; 02-05-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Radical is online now The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chapter 737 was pretty awesome, Sabo(Lucy)'s epicness and Leo's amazing strategy plan,

Spoiler:
    Zoro in a drinking contest with the boss monkey, best hilarious coverstory ever, hahahahahaha.Luffy/Zoro/Violet vs. my awesome Pica begins, sweet, but disappointing they didn't show more of the fight though, oh well.At the Corrida Colosseum, Burgess's awesomeness attacking the annoying jerkoff audience was satisfying, thank you Burgess, they need major beatings!!!!Rebecca dodging the boss fighting fish was great.Sabo(Lucy) easily beating Burgess was awesome, he's definetly gotten stronger next to Luffy/The Strawhats, and I'll enjoy seeing Sabo(Lucy) give Diamante an epic brutal beatdown.Hack/Koala's chemistry was great.Usopp/Robin/the dwarves entering the Officer Tower witnessing Cavendish being turned into a toy.Sugar is not that evil to me for a child, but I hope she turns good after Bellamy/Violet when the Dressrosa arc ends.Poor Cavendish being turned into a toy next to the loser fighters will be interesting though.Leo telling Usopp their strategy on mixing the world's spicy seasoning(disguised as a grape) into Sugar's bowl of grapes when she eats it will make her knocked out to break the spell on all the toys in Dressrosa, what an awesome strategy plan with Usopp agreeing to the plan, Usopp/Robin/the dwarves about to take on Trebol/Sugar is gonna be awesome.
    Last edited by Radical; 02-20-2014 at 04:19 PM.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chapter 737

How does so much happen in every chapter of One Piece?

Needless to say, a great chapter as usual. It'll be so much fun to hear Kugimiya say these lines as Sugar, and it's good to see things from the perspective of the regular toys after transformation in their regular toy life. And there's our confirmation of Hack's relationship with Koala. Beating Sugar with a Tabasco Star is pretty damn perfect.

Plenty of good stuff in the tournament, too, reaching its conclusion as Diamante realizes that Lucy may not be the same person he was before.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 738

My thoughts on the latest chapter of One Piece
    Spoiler:

When I saw the chapter title, I thought we learn more about Sugar, I want to know does she have the mind and labeto of an adult or of an child. She is stronger than she looks, I knew it once Ushap got very arrogant and excited about fighting her, I knew the universe was going to play a joke on Ussop. I do wonder how they ultimate going to defeat her, I don't think Oda is going to have his good guys massacue a little girl, but that would be interesting if he did.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thoughts of One Piece 738.

Spoiler:
    Cover Page: Franky builds a hamster house. Heh, you know what'd be funny? If it was the hamsters of Hamtaro and Franky was constructing their Ham-Ham clubhouse. Then they could go on adventures getting sunflower seeds and... avoiding cats and... whatever else they did on Hamtaro. What? That was like over a decade ago at this point. Be lucky I remember that much about the most out of place "trying to prove Toonami has to accept every non adult swim anime/toyetic" series on CN. But yeah I'm getting off track mostly because I don't have much else to say about this cover page.

Review: The weakest part of this one is the scene of the Tondotta being worked and lied to by the Donquoixte family. I get why it's there: to set up what exactly the dwarves are doing, to show the actual production or at least some of the proccess of SMILE and to make you remember these dwarves are easily lied to. I guess the boss man's line about that was kind of funny but honestly this chapter would of been a whole lot better if those pages were taken out or maybe just condensed into one. I get that Oda does these seemingly random or pointless bits with supposedly extra characters to set up things later. For example in 700 setting up the bits with the other countries to lead more into Donflamingo's influence over them shown far later but I don't know, I find it more distracting then anything else. Maybe it's due to my interests being with the actual characters I care about doing things but they stick out like a sore thumb. Especially since the rest of this chapter is quite solid, doing it's job well which is building up the two villains are going to face. And unlike other times this was done, this is still giving our heroes some screen time as well (probably due to it only being the two) and having a good balance to work with. So I guess I'll separate talking about them because of how it's building up on the two fights.

Trebol: So not only does Sugar have super make people freeze in place powers, but he also has what I'm guessing are sticky bombs with amazing super accuaracy. I thought this would make him Usopp's opponent but no obviously they're going in a different direction with that which I appreciate. Since seems like Usopp takes on one of the top members in a fight with the special ability but this time looks like Robin will, which exites me. Since again she hasn't really had much of an actual fight in the time skip and nice to see it's being done with this guy. I also like her using her brain in this chapter realizing just going in wasn't going to work and tricking Trebol into leaving to take care of a situation on one of the ships and pretending like it was a mutiny when it was really just a fake bee attack (insert "bees my god" "not the bees not the bees" "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh beeeeeees" line here) and finally getting to use her shadow clone jutsu esque switcheraoo powers. But since Trebol is wrecking up the port and obviously needs to be kept away from going back to the locked room (also nice to see Trebol actually locking the room when he does have to go and leave Sugar alone. Shows some intellegence from the villians even if not too much) that means that Robin will be fighting him. I hope since i want to see it. Though it does make me wonder how she would fight him considering he has a super stick power and though Robin can fight from far away her power still involves putting at least part of yourself on the opponent. Oh well should be interesting if we see it and I want to see it and hope it is her fight and that isn't a cop out or anything.

Sugar: You know I have to say though I always did like the idea of the little girl Sugar being in Donflamingo's crew as well as her power and her constant appettite, this chapter actually made her one of my favorite of "the family." Doflamingo is still cool and Senor Pink still has the funniest personality but the idea of her realizing that the dwarves must be being coached by someone to not fall for her lies and then proving herself as a worthy foe without Trebol really worked for me. I'm all for a character doing a "don't underestimate me just because I look a certain way" and proving it And yeah this shows just how dangerous she is since not only is she able to give an instant touch to the toys but she's also really fast with it as well. However unlike with Robin vs Trebol (which again I'm hoping to see) it's kind of obvious how this fight is going to go down. Because all of Usopp's cowardness (even seeing in this chapter which at least had a funny line of him being surprised someone noticing him not doing something) is going to have to be put down as with a bunch of the dwarves transformed and the rest having to fight their now bear companions, Usopp's going to have to snipe her out to win. And prove himself as the great hero. Which should lead to some good development though again I thought we were still over showing Usopp as a massive coward on this level but eh maybe that was more smaller threats and now that the fate of the country is going to be in his hands his attitude will change. One can hope anyway.

So yeah for the fight set ups and showing the baddies as threats our straw hats are going to have to take down, fine chapter. Would be better if three of those dwarf being slaves pages were taken out but that's really the only weakness of this parituclar one IMHO. The rest was good and makes me want to see more of this and yeah still want to see more of the other plots but having so many good ones going at once is impressive so kudos for OP for doing that.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chapter 738 was pretty sweet, the Trebol/Sugar fight begins, yaaaaaay,

Spoiler:
    Franky's coverstory was great, nice little house for the hamsters.The Usopp/Robin/the Tontatta dwarves vs. Trebol/Sugar subplot begins, sweet, Trebol's slimy stickly liquid Devil Fruit powers are pretty cool.Robin stopping Leo's recklessness was great.The poor bullied enslaved Tontatta dwarves, but they'll be saved and those slave bullying scumbags will get their beatings.The whole creation of the SMILEs was pretty interesting.Robin/Bian's distraction on Trebol was amazing and Usopp's bluffing on defeating Sugar was funny, Bian is a great awesome interesting female character.Agreeing with zoombie, the universe will play a joke on Usopp from his arrogance/excitement on defeating Sugar, hehehe.Usopp/the Tontatta dwarves vs. Sugar was pretty sweet with Sugar easily turning them into toys with the Tontatta dwarves fighting them, cool that Sugar is not a weakling, but strong though.Robin's decoy clone fooling Trebol was great along with Trebol attacking using a pirate ship, cool, the Usopp/Robin/the Tontatta dwarves vs. Trebol/Sugar just got epic now and I hope Robin will get her boss fight on taking on Trebol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 739

My thoughts on the latest chapter of One Piece.

Spoiler:
    Snot noise is strong, he may not look attractive, but he is strong. Dam these dwarfs and there gullability, I could just kill them, it is not cute anymore.

So Diamanate killed Rebecca's mother, okay I wonder if this is strategy just to throw off her game, and if these people approve of that, they are sick, the GMG audiance are look way more better than these people. I wouldn't cry if the whole stadium blow up, these spectators deserve it.

I knew Kyros was going to come into play eventully, there has to be a reason forgot about him but built him a statue anyone, funny they just mentioned on the anime. I can't wait for him to be turned back to normal I bet he looks awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My thoughts on chapter 739.

Spoiler:
    Cover Page: Brooke draws faces of Laboon on balloons. Hmmm, I'll give the skeleton credit: he can make balloons scarier then Stephen King. I don't know if that's a compliment or not since I don't think that was his intent but it's the truth so... there you go.

Review: Wow this one didn't go in the direction I thought it was going to. Because with the focus last week on Trebol and Sugar I thought "okay we're up to the battles with them now. Robin's going to take on Trebol and Usopp's going to have to find a way to snipe at Sugar". But no we don't really get that actually. As yeah there is action here but it's more from other people and honestly doesn't look like the fights are going that way with Trebol back with Sugar and Usopp still in "let's run now" mode. Thought we would of gotten past that but guess not because instead of action or really any comedy (sans Trebol realizing how much destruction he caused in his anger and "Lucy" still not being able to get Bartlameo's name right and still using that gimmick with the dwarves unable to tell whose lying and what not) this was instead more of a drama chapter and.... honestly I'm not sure how to feel about that.

On one hand, there are parts where it does actually work. Now that we know these characters I really dig any bits with Rebecca and Toy Solider. I think the actual dialogue could of been tightened a bit better but I really like the emotion that was there: both know that contrary to what others are celebrating Doflamingo's still in power, and Toy Solider's planning on doing something to stop that reign realizing it will never end. Which sickens Rebecca who thinks he's going to die doing something she deems foolish yet at the same time Toy Solider is annoyed at her wanting to compete for the flame flame fruit thinking that is also foolish and risky. Both are obviously emotional about this (especially Rebecca) due to caring about the other which makes Rebecca snap not realizing that Toy Solider is her father which he still feels he needs to not let her know. Which is some actual legimitate drama since both have been put in perilious situations and both are risking themselves for their cause even both are fighting with serious disabilities. Toy Solider because of just being a toy and Rebecca not having a real actual sword because she still doesn't want to hurt anyone and for once getting caught because of trying to attack instead of defend. Part of me thinks they could of had a couple of panels of her thinking and that being why she charged forward but it worked well enough. Moreover though I like Diamente talking about her ethics and then her family. I think he's going to let slip what happened which I hope is motivation for her to actually stand up and fight him since that'd seem like a good personal reason to beat him and not just have a Bartlameo and "Lucy" save but we'll see. I also do like the reveal of that so called mysterious gladiator who won 3000 battles and was a legend was in fact Rebecca's father. So yeah Gyrados is the Toy Solider. Which I admit I didn't see coming but it's a logicial legimiate twist so props there. I also like how this is the dwarves motivation knowing that this guy who was such a strong man and is the only toy without the contract put in him (which explains why he fights back unlike everyone else) is who they put so much faith into. Maybe that will make Usopp realize "oh right I put fate in someone as well who expects me to hold up my end of the plans. Maybe I should start respecting that" and get in gear. Guess we'll see.

And though that was good, it did feel a bit I don't know ill timed. I mean unlike the Dressrosa flashback it wasn't totally interrupting other events and actually connected better to the characters and wasn't as long but... I don't know, after what we got last time I was expecting to really start seeing action, not just even more built up, even if it was dramatic. I think that's the problem with One Piece sometimes: Oda's great at plotting and build up and making things connect and what not but sometimes it seems like he likes holding onto that build up and piling it up more and more when really it should be crunch time with the actual action. Granted I guess maybe that's something that makes the payoff better but it's also an annoying tease when you expect to get a certain feel one week and then shift gears into a different emotion the next one, when that first hadn't died down yet. I don't know, I just wish there was more of a pay off instead of more build up at this point because it does kind of test the patience even if what happened in this chapter isn't really bad. I think also the only real problem I have is again more fear of other things happening then anything else. Like this just being Usopp's fight against Trebol and Sugar and Robin not helping out or Rebecca being short changed. Again we don't know if they're going that way and I hope they're not but again remains to be seen. Also Trebol's power is apparently sticky flames. I don't know that kind of makes him a bit too much like Mr. 5 for me but eh if it works in battle and not just in demonstration differently that isn't too big a thing.

Overall though not a bad chapter. Since the drama that was there worked and we're still moving things around but I don't know I want some more payoff next time. Maybe the start of the actual fight against Trebol and Sugar without the need to build it up more then we've already gotten. Also like I said I'm fine with everything that's going on but I am now starting to wish we had focus on just one event and not spread it out since obviously though some are parallel it does feel better when one chapter focuses on one fight or part of the story without being distracted by something else.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chapter 739 was pretty sweet, poor Rebecca and the Thunderous Soldier's secret revealed,

Spoiler:
    Brook in the splash page, sweet.Usopp/Robin/the Tontatta dwarves vs. Trebol/Sugar continuing was pretty sweet, Trebol is one cool strong beast and poor Leo to be gullible and not fail as a leader.The Thunderous Soldier vs. Lao G was pretty awesome along with the Thunderous Soldier knowing about the fake news and Rebecca's determination on entering the Corrida Colosseum to win Ace's Devil Fruit was great.Rebecca vs. Diamante, my poor Rebecca to lose to that piece of garbage Diamante which she finds out that he killed her mother Scarlet, the sadistic butthole, I hope Sabo or Bartholomeo will give him a good brutal pounding.The Thunderous Soldier/the Tontatta dwarves escaping Lao G's clutches was great.From Leo, The Thunderous Soldier's true identity who's Kyros the legendary strongest gladiator was pretty awesome/shocking, WOOOOOOW!!!!!!

Ryusuke is offline SomethingWithTheR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this series a lot. But, keeping up with all these plot lines happening at the same time is pretty exhausting. It doesn't help that every other person has a sob story. Someone is crying in every other page. And, because of all the focus on the side characters and web of plots, it's kind of hard to care for what the Straw Hats are up to. :/ Oda's just too caught up in doing everything. I dunno. I think I need a break from this series
    "Don't take life too seriously; you'll never make it out alive!"
    - Bugs Bunny, "Rabbit Feat" (1960)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My thoughts on chapter 740.

Spoiler:
    Cover Page: Chopper a Cuscus and an Aye Aye dancing together in the Hawaiian Hulu tradition. For mice because they're going to use a hot tropical island song to cool their frozen hearts... or are they going to chill their hot hearts with a cool song or... just doing it because Fujita Osuma is weird? I don't know but we'll find out at some point soon.

Review: Probably a better chapter then last week because the only real problem I have is on the last page. Which I'll get to but first let me talk about the rest of the chapter which I did like. As everyone suspected Zoro is staying behind to fight Pica and isn't really getting anywhere just cutting his stone body. Guess to win this Zoro is going to need to find the heart of stone.... what? Didn't he find the heart or soul of steel to beat Mr. I? Shouldn't by that logic stone also have some sort of soul you can cut? And while that's going on The toy solider and some of the dwarves after having run from Lao G now run into Gladios. Aka "that guy I liked because he hated people being late". Who turns out to be a rupture man and can make things rupture. I think this is kind of a sign of how Oda's having to cheat a bit to come up with new devil fruit users as I don't know isn't rupturing the same thing as exploding? Oh well he still had a good line talking about how he'd make the toy solider rupture until Luffy managed to knock him off and Violet suggested they retreat to not waste time fighting with him. Have to say I really like the way Luffy got to the next floor by jumping out the window and stretching to the next floor one's above him. Though by far the best and funniest part of the chapter is finding out what happened to Kin'emon: yes he did seperate as the group but dress up like Doflmaingo and is acting like him to get information. Apparently despite Gladios looking badass and having a badass power he's still kind of stupid falling for it but eh no one said Doflamigno hired the brightest people. Also looks like we may be seeing Kanjouru soon when we pick back up with him, whenever that may be. This leads to Dof trying to get Baby 5 to get information from Law who isn't spilling about the Straw Hat's plan, with Dof not realizing Luffy Violet and Toy solider are right outside the window. And though Luffy wants to bust in Toy Solider reminds him he has to wait for Sugar to be taken down so he can have a human form again and you know strengthen their odds. So in other words he's depending on Usopp to save them. Then we see Franky is surrounded and knowing he'll have to fight the marines and Doflamingo pirates he has to put all his effort on that and can't be a part of SOP so he's also putting his faith in Usopp. Then we find out most of the other dwarves have been taken down including Robin. I do hope she does more in this arc and isn't just another toy victim who once she gets saved doesn't contribute anything but I actually don't have a problem with her being taken. Because like I said a couple of weeks ago I was wondering why she couldn't just use her powers to force the grape in her mouth and we see why: even if touched by another body part the main body will still be transformed. And if she summoned like a giant hand or arm or something Trebol would of seen and attacked it so doing it like that seemed like the best alternative even if it wound up with her being captured. So now she also is depending on Usopp which leads to the last page and the big problem with this chapter:

Usopp is still running away like a coward!

Okay I guess the whole point of him always being brave like he said and never lying was a bit inaccurate but I thought that was just in general situations and that when things called for him to step up and take charge he would. Like taking out that Fishman Island pirate with a bed of flower wolves or capturing Ceasar with sea stone handcuffs. Actually hell thinking about it, those might of been the most awesome moments of those respective arcs, both coming from the supposed weakest moment of the crew. And now when Usopp is needed far more then ever with everyone else busy or taken out or in trouble of some kind, he's still running away? You've got to be kidding me! Even if he did forget Robin being trapped he should know that no one else is able to take out the two and the entire country is counting on Sugar going down. Really this more then anything else should be his cue to step up with some really cool big damn heroes moment. Maybe this is a fake out or something and if it is I'll eat my words but really at this point should we be getting this kind of fake out? Really maybe if it was a fake out at first and at the end of the chapter you reveal it wasn't sure but having it end like this? It just feels so wrong. Especially since of all the build up of Usopp's lies and him being so needed and what not and to turn his back on them just feels... wrong. And honestly backward since I remember he did that in Arlong Park but since then hasn't really run from one of his battles. Not in Alabasta or Skypeia or Water 7 or Thriller Bark or anything else. There's a difference between being scared and still pressing forward and running away and yeah thought we were past this. And even if it is a fake out I am past seeing this even implied for his character. So yeah though the rest I didn't have any major problems with so that's like 17 pages ouf of 18, the last one I found put a really sour taste in my mouth. I'm sure it will turn around soon but really I am sick of this sort of build up and am ready for Usopp to step up. Come on Oda you don't need to tease us anymore: just do it and show actual character progression and not regression. That's all we want to see.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 740

My thoughts on chapter 740

Spoiler:
    Is Oda trying to make us hate Ussop, because I am getting close to hating him, come on Ussop don't desert you comrades you traitor. I at least could sympitise and understand why Elfman betrayed Fairy Tail, but Ussop you are just a coward, if you don't do something. Because he is the domio to everything falling into place the way things are set up.

I am looking forward to Zoro vs Pika, that is going to be awesome. How Violet remember Kyros?

Does he knew his identity or just at the toy soulder watching over her niece? We will find out.
    Anyway can't wait to see what happens, Ussop you better pull through or else I want him off the crew.

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    My thoughts on chapter 740

Spoiler:
    Is Oda trying to make us hate Ussop, because I am getting close to hating him, come on Ussop don't desert you comrades you traitor. I at least could sympitise and understand why Elfman betrayed Fairy Tail, but Ussop you are just a coward, if you don't do something. Because he is the domio to everything falling into place the way things are set up.

Anyway can't wait to see what happens, Ussop you better pull through or else I want him off the crew.
    Spoiler:
    I already reached the point where I'm hating Ussop. This is low even for him. Ussop has been a coward for a long time, and for a long time it worked; his cowardice brought a great deal of comedy and fun to the series. But now it has jumped shark. I was already ticked off at him jumping at every minion he came across, but abandoning his allies when they are in danger and he's the only one who can save them is low. Its just down right pathetic. Ussop probably will pull through, but as far as I'm concerned, this act of EXTREME cowardice will taint his victory. If he had stepped up THIS chapter, it might have salvaged the damage already done, but now?... better luck nice story arc

Remember when Ussop faced the fishmen on fishman island... good times... good times...

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ussop's one of my favorite characters, but his actions in this chapter is starting to make me hate him too.
    Everyone is counting on him and he just bails! He better pull off something awesome soon and save the day, or I'm gonna be pissed.
    Where's Sogeking when we need him?!

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

adyniz is offline Surgeon of Death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One Piece Volume 73 Hits 4 Million Copies in the First Print Run

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Ussop's one of my favorite characters, but his actions in this chapter is starting to make me hate him too.
    Everyone is counting on him and he just bails! He better pull off something awesome soon and save the day, or I'm gonna be pissed.
    Where's Sogeking when we need him?!
    Spoiler:
    How do we know that he still remembers being Sogeking? Considering that he did all that to find an alternate way to save Robin without having to confront the crew directly. But Robin has been turned into a toy now. Some of the Robin-related Water 7/Enies Lobby events played a vital role in Usopp's character development. So, are they all un-done since everyone has mostly likely forgotten about her and anything related to her?

Besides, he is Usopp. Being cowardly is his thing, timeskip or not. Fishman island was one thing but people have got to realize that they are up against Trebol and Sugar, two of THE most dangerous members of Donquixote pirates. Of course he is going to chicken out. Like he said a few chapters, no one has ever questioned why he's running way because he usually have other people to rely on (i.e. the monster trio). But it's different this time and there is a HUGE pressure on his shoulders. So, I don't dislike the way he is being handled. Yes, it can be annoying and frustrating but in my opinion, it is not dislikeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chapter 740 was pretty sweet, Kin'emon's cool clever disguise plan and Usopp's stupid wimpiness,

Spoiler:
    Chopper's coverstory was cute/great.It looks like its Zoro vs. Pica, awesome, I knew it, while Luffy/Violet escape Pica's wrath.The Thunderous Soldier/the Tontatta dwarves vs. Gladius was a great short fight, Gladius's explosive Devil Fruit power is super awesome so relating to Mr. 5's, hehehe.Luffy saving the Thunderous Soldier/the Tontatta dwarves from Gladius's wrath was sweet.Kin'emon disguising himself as Doflamingo known as Doflaemon, hehehe, easily fooling Gladius on finding information where Kanjuro is which he escaped imprisonment, great.The Luffy group are outside of the Suit Room and while seeing the captive King Riku, The Thunderous Soldier's past when he was King Riku's soldier/friend was great.Franky easily fighting off the marines to buy Usopp some time to defeat Sugar was great.Poor Robin gets turned into a toy for a failed surprise attack, but Toy Nico Robin looks cute though.Usopp is the only one left to fight Sugar, but lets his stupidity/cowardliness get the better of him by running away, oh brother.Of course Usopp will "Man-Up" to be brave/courageous to defeat Sugar after defeating his last major strongest opponents Chuu, Perona, and Daruma along with capturing Caesar, which I hope Oda won't make him cowardly anymore.
    Last edited by Radical; 03-08-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I am pretty mad at this regression in Ussop's character too. I'm not mad at Ussop, I'm mad at Oda. Because Ussop should be waayyy past running from his opponents at this point. He always has been cautious and scared to go up against powerful enemies, but he hasn't been so cowardly as to run away from an enemy since Chuu in the Arlong Park arc. One of things I loved about Ussop, and what made him one of my favorite characters, was that he always had this inferiority complex but has still grown a a little braver and more confident in himself as the story went on. This craps on all of that, though, and leaves me pretty darn frustrated. I know Ussop is going to fight Sugar in the end, since that seems to be the direction things are going, but Oda has really dropped the ball with Ussop's character arc here and I don't know how to process this. Hopefully next chapter Ussop is acting like he should and takes on Sugar and Trebol.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only defense i can give Ussop is that since Sugar did erased the memories he has of Robin he's not thinking of helping her but still agree with many that this shouldn't happen anymore, Ussop already taken down more terrifying villains also he should think twice where he's in the New World and has to take on more powerful villains, not just Luffy and the others.

Hope Oda will stop having Ussop act cowardly since that already passed and all that development will just go to waste.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with you guys there. And at the same time, my attention has shifted to Luffy and crew now rescuing Law. At least Luffy has the guts to be in the frontline, risking his life. Along with Zoro and Sanji + Kine'mon and Franky already int the palace saving their friend.

Spoiler:
    With Law now up and about, that he may once again join forces with Luffy's crew to take down Quixote. They'd need all the help they can get against this menace.
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chapter 740

Yep, this was a pretty awful chapter for Usopp. He's had hundreds of chapters of development like everyone else, so to be back at this point after all that is pretty bad.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast