Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Results 2,261 to 2,268 of 2268
    zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 673

Like This Thread!

So Guy lives, what a troll. I am glad he is not dead, but still you build it up so much and nothing happens. He better not be able to fight ever again.

So we have the Naruto and Sasuke unite we will defeat you moment. Well I was waiting for it and here it is. Hopefully this battle will live up to the hype.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My thoughts on Naruto 673.

Spoiler:
    It's weird because honestly this was just a chapter of characters mostly just moving around or the full reveal of certain power ups. So in other words it was set up but... oddly enough actually likeable set up. Maybe because though there was dialogue it wasn't overly elaborate or talky. Maybe it was because though there were breaks in the action, they were reasonable breaks that actually made sense. Maybe because though there were obvious Naruto/Sasuke parallels, the actual shot of them together was actually impressive and I just love the line "you dumbass. I'm not going to beat you... we are." Something about that just really works for me and really makes it feel epic. But that's not the only feeling I got from this and maybe that's ultimately the reason I enjoyed it:

What I got here was a feeling of finality.

Oh I'm sure Naruto could still stretch into 2015 at the rate it's going but in this chapter, there were feelings that at the very least we are nearing the end of the Madara battle. Between him now using his trump cards of the full 10 tail power ups, Naruto and Sasuke showing off a bit of their new skills, and more importantly little or at least unique little bits I really liked. Such as Naruto realizing his new power allows him to do all sorts of thing or Gaara invinting him out for drinks when this is over to toast to him being a Hokage as yeah... would be pretty stuipid now if Naruto wasn't considered Hokage, to even Sakura having to force an apology to Obito even though she still hates him and Obito asking something. It was just quick enough to work the moment without dragging and since this series has a bad habit of that, it's worth poitning out when a chapter doesn't drag and actually feels the impact it was going for. Whther it be the action moment or the character reveal or the feel of an oncoming clash, it was all well captured and well paced. So yeah quite a good chapter. And this normally comes form someone who gets sick of chapters just building up the main hero so much but they worked it well enough to not come off as annoyingly cliche and feel like a true set up for this hopefully quite epic clash we're about to get.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any kind of arc after this fight would be an anticlimax or feel tacked-on.

Perhaps the only thing that's going to happen after would be a "friendly" battle between Naruto and Sasuke for title of Hokage, after all the dust has settled and we see the villages rebuilding.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter #674

Yeesh, one more ability for Madara to hold over the others. First Limbo, now Obito's space-time jutsu.

I'm getting the distinct impression that Kishimoto is trying to keep this fight running until Chapter #700. I suspect Obito will die protecting Sakura, too.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thoughts on 674.

Spoiler:
    On one hand the action was really good in this one. And the idea of their being a Shadow Madara that he can subsistute and replace that only Sasuke's Rinnegan can really see and him coming up with attacks to try and stop him were good. And the cliffhanger was actually interesting with Madara going into the limbo inner world of Obito to stop Sakura from killing him. Because as you know Sakura is only apparently now good for killing people who... can't fight back. Yeah "you watch my back as I'm equal to you" my ass. And doubt she's going to be shown something to give her a power up ever at that level. Still good cliffhanger though and again a lot of good impact hits on this one. Like Sasuke striking the shadow or Naruto's hit or the two smacking it at once and Kakashi being knocked around. That was good.

Still just like there's the good half on the surface, there's also the fact there was way too much talking in this to enjoy. And again I get some of it of having to come up with a plan (though you'd think they'd do better at announcing it) and at first the Naruto being annoyed at Sasuke giving orders bit was okay before that joke died. The problem was though they kept going on and on more and more. And if it was just them it'd be one thing but Madara won't shut up either. And he isn't even talking about anything interesting most of the time. Just "oh look at how strong Naruto and Sasuke are now! Oh how I want Sasuke's eye blah blah blah". We get it man: they're giving you a challenge and obviously pushing you more then you thought. We don't need to keep hearing it over and over again. Especially since it ruins the pacing of the scene with so much starting and stopping. Which we shouldn't be having on a battle of this magnitude honestly.

So yeah at least half of this was good but one half was boring so yeah... I guess it was a decent chapter. Not nearly as good as One Piece this week, but will it be better then Bleach? Join me there to find out... if I thought so.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 674

My thougths on the latest chapter of Naruto.

Spoiler:
    A oright chapter, Naruto taking orders from Sasuke, I love his responce to that. Though it could have worked the other way, at least the old Sasuke it could have worked, but the current Sasuke is not meant to be funny.

The connection between Sasuke and Madara, could it be Madara is the recarnation of Sasuke's grandmother, well not Sasuke's grandmother, but the grandmother of the person Sasuke is a recarnation of, you get it. It is brothers vs their grandmom, that is what I am trying to say.

Sakura again it looked like she was going to something impactful, something useful, and the author just pulls the rug from under her, she is the Lucy Heartfilla of this series. The difference is I like Lucy she is more likeable, so I fell bad and sometimes enraged when Hiro pulls that crap, I am not a big Sakura fan, so it doesn't bother me that much when Kishimoto does this, but still come on, give her one moment.

Chronos is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really nice fight that's going on right now.. once Madara obtains his other eye from Obito I don't how much longer they can drag out this fight the only way is for other participants to join the fray...... Enter Orochimaru who's surprisingly quiete this whole battle he has barely gotten any panels as of late. He definitely has some role to play before this is all done, we didn't even get a reaction from him when Sasuke awoke from his encounter with the Hermit or when Naruto appeared again. Thinking about it the Hermits power is probably what he's been trying to attain from the get go an epitome of knowledge that's too temoting to pass up.

Chronos is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really nice fight that's going on right now.. once Madara obtains his other eye from Obito I don't how much longer they can drag out this fight the only way is for other participants to join the fray...... Enter Orochimaru who's surprisingly quiete this whole battle he has barely gotten any panels as of late. He definitely has some role to play before this is all done, we didn't even get a reaction from him when Sasuke awoke from his encounter with the Hermit or when Naruto appeared again. Thinking about it the Hermits power is probably what he's been trying to attain from the get go an epitome of knowledge that's too temoting to pass up.

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114