HellCat is online now Sincere charlatan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Do we really need a year of Kakashi anyway? I believe we were promised a 'A year of Sakura' too and look how that turned out. Kakashi hasn't really been interesting ever since the series moved beyond the idea of Team 7 being his students.

Lelouch is offline Fallen Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool cover, but saddens me because Konan is dead . Did Kabuto also bring her back? I can't recall if he did or not. I hope so. And yeah, I'm not too thrilled with a year of Kakashi either, and does Shikamaru really need more panel time?

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Volume #54 cover:

HUZZAH!!!

What? I couldn't have been the only one thinking it.

Too bad she's dead.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, who knows what 'Kakashi's year' really means? We know right now he's in the middle of his rematch with Zabuza but I don't imagine he'll be in fights constantly for the next fourty or fifty chapters. We'll probably see Kakashi in the role plays for his soldiers.

But yeah, I am still waiting for that Sakura coverage. She's in Kakashi's unit, I think, so we'll probably see that here. I could have sworn I remembered Kishimoto saying the focus for this year was going to be on the both of them, so maybe we'll see the relationship they have expanded? I think it'd be very interesting for Sakura to be there in the events that lead up to Kakashi's death while Naruto and Sasuke aren't.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want to see anything from Sakura after the degrading mess that was 'Hey Naruto, I respect you so much that I'm gonna try and get you to think with your libido to save the target of mine!". Because that's how you write an independent, intelligent female in a crisis!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Well, who knows what 'Kakashi's year' really means? We know right now he's in the middle of his rematch with Zabuza but I don't imagine he'll be in fights constantly for the next fourty or fifty chapters. We'll probably see Kakashi in the role plays for his soldiers.

But yeah, I am still waiting for that Sakura coverage. She's in Kakashi's unit, I think, so we'll probably see that here. I could have sworn I remembered Kishimoto saying the focus for this year was going to be on the both of them, so maybe we'll see the relationship they have expanded? I think it'd be very interesting for Sakura to be there in the events that lead up to Kakashi's death while Naruto and Sasuke aren't.
    I think it means that we'll get more on Kakashi as a person and leader, not focus on him for an entire year.

As for Sakura, the only thing going for her is growth and character depth, since she hit her battle peak back when during Gaara's rescue.
    And I'm kinda on the fence on Kakashi dying. As another person mentioned when I brought up Gaara dying in the war, a character brought back to life has a sort of plot shield against dying a second time.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    I don't want to see anything from Sakura after the degrading mess that was 'Hey Naruto, I respect you so much that I'm gonna try and get you to think with your libido to save the target of mine!". Because that's how you write an independent, intelligent female in a crisis!
    Ugh, don't remind me. All I could think was "why did I defend you from NaruHina fans for so long when you were just going to do something this selfish and utterly out of character? Are you trying to make me hate you?"

We are very close to the final battle. I don't want "Year of X". I want closure.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's possible Kakashi is angling for the 'Most useless promotion to Hokage' title that is currently held by Danzo's amazingly short run.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the "Year of Kakashi" means that he will be playing a role that will thrust him into the spotlight more than he has been as of recently, but I don't think that Kishimoto has any plans to make the story all about him or anyting drastic like that, especially since they are in the middle of a huge Shinobi war and all. Still, I wonder what kind of a role Kakashi will play when this all goes down?

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Ugh, don't remind me. All I could think was "why did I defend you from NaruHina fans for so long when you were just going to do something this selfish and utterly out of character? Are you trying to make me hate you?"
    Because shipping is a bad reason to do anything, as it clouds the judgement of all fans, and is our enemy. If you only defended her because you were against Naruhina, then it was inevitable that she would dissapoint you. Sakura never had much going for her, and when she did, she lost it quicker than Tite Kubo loses the respect of his fans.

(heh! I like that. I should write it down).

As for Sakura getting time to shine. There is no light that could shine through the dark abyss of Scrappydom that she has fallen into.

(Oh. That one is nice too)

Just like Cagali getting her act together came far far too late for anyone to care, so is Sakura doomed no matter what she does from this point on.

The rematch with Zabuza looks like it could be interesting, but considering both he and haku went out more or less content, it shouldn't be too difficult to get rid of them.

Cast off those chains of shipping Beat. Cast them off and be free, as I am, to love, and to hate a character, not for who they are or are not shipped with. Not for whether they are in the way of a pairing or not, but purely on their own merits.

Of I could be wrong. I am a hypocrite. And if I am, then I give everyone permission to verbally rip me a new one.
    The Hypocrite Rises....