Quantcast
Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142192232233234235236237238239240241242243 LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2421
    HellCat is offline Have a Parfait Christmas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    So in the final leg Kishimoto just didn't care enough that he gave new characters poor man's Dragon Ball names?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I re-read Chapter #615 and the surrounding bits with Neji. Hindsight makes us feel like fools and this is no exception. It's clear Naruto realized then how Hinata really felt and frankly her speech to him was pretty damned good. I've long felt disdain for the character, but if she is written to bring that game face to the table more often I think I can easily accept my own naiveté and blindness.

Perhaps the development said all it really needed to say then-and-there?

In other hindsight, I think Sakura crushing Naruto's heart with that false confession was perhaps the thing that saved the world. Naruto realized then and there something Uchiha Obito continually refused to accept: his childhood love didn't feel the same about him. It becomes somewhat more clear when we see how Naruto meanders in his responsible to Kushina about marrying a girl 'just like his mom'.

Naruto Shippuuden Episode #385 really nailed the difference between Naruto and Obito in this respect: Naruto took the heartbreak of the false confession well because he had to become angry at Sakura for betraying what he liked most about her, her brutal honesty. Obito never had to face Rin, so he never had to face the truth of her feelings. Free will and the injustice of the world could continue to be things he could blame for taking Rin from him, not Rin herself. If he had simply allowed himself to pin Rin's feelings to Rin and Rin alone he could have moved on.

Parallels are Kishimoto's bread-and-butter and I definitely think he nailed them with regards to his lead character.

Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    So in the final leg Kishimoto just didn't care enough that he gave new characters poor man's Dragon Ball names?
    I guess you've never realized every other name is a silly pun, too? 'Naruto' is from a fish product, 'Sakura' is from the tree, 'Sasuke' is from 'Sarutobi Sasuke', 'Kakashi' is from scarecrow, 'InoShikaChou' is from a mythical beast, 'Might Guy' is based on a comedian, the 'Sarutobi clan' are based on the 'Sarutobi Sasuke' figure, et cetera. Just about everyone has a silly name based on something else.

You can't paint this as "Kishimoto doesn't care anymore" when it's pretty clear he does or else he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of drawing as many panels as well as he did or trying to give the story a dramatic and thematic weight better than that "hard work makes anything possible" nonsense from the earlier chapters.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 11-09-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, but Obito meeting Rin in the afterlife suggests she had feelings for him too.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I re-read Chapter #615 and the surrounding bits with Neji. Hindsight makes us feel like fools and this is no exception. It's clear Naruto realized then how Hinata really felt and frankly her speech to him was pretty damned good.
    What, the literal love confession in the Pain arc wasn't obvious enough?

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My problem isn't so much that Kishimoto went Naru/Hina, but that Hinata was such a marginal character and poorly developed post-timeskip.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    What, the literal love confession in the Pain arc wasn't obvious enough?
    Apparently not, given stronger reaction of recognition Naruto had. Naruto's giving into the Nine-Tails at that point seemed more curtailed to losing the village with Hinata being smacked aside more of a last straw. Chapter #615 gave us Naruto holding her by the hand. Schoolyard connotations aside, that's certainly a neon sign hanging over the panel saying "Yo bro, this is it." I'd certainly offer that Kishimoto's editor ought to have pushed for even more, though. If Kishimoto was going to commit to this pairing then it should have been done with some more punch and room to linger. The idea to have the full development play in The Last Naruto The Movie is superb in terms of marketing but a horrible creative decision on Shueisha's part. Kishimoto tends to be a push-over when it comes to obeying his bosses, but he should have demanded to do a couple of more chapters before Chapter #700's story.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    My problem isn't so much that Kishimoto went Naru/Hina, but that Hinata was such a marginal character and poorly developed post-timeskip.
    I don't see how she was ever important or even developed well before the time skip. She got the stuffing kicked out of her and later passed out from seeing Naruto getting the stuffing kicked out of him. At least after the time skip she talks a tougher talk and walks a tougher walk by taking on Pain, slapping Naruto, and talking to him without wetting herself.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 11-09-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added more.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    originally posted by Jacob T. Paschal
    Kishimoto tends to be a push-over when it comes to obeying his bosses, but he should have demanded to do a couple of more chapters before Chapter #700's story.
    I'll agree Kishi does give into his editors way too easily on changes they want to make but at the same time.... it's his own fault too. Seriously now that Naruto is over, I think we can all agree how poorly paced that last big war arc was and now that we know the entire picture, agree it could of been edited a wholeeeeeeeeeeeee lot tigther. Seriously I could easily cut like... 10 chapters from the last 100+ easily and still easily hit every single plot point without losing any big character or action moments easily. There was no reason it had to be stretched that long and honestly just really having like one and a half chapters wrapping up most of the characters plot points is ridiculous. At this point no one's going to drop Naruto that hadn't already so time easily could of been spent building up more relationships and character moments before the big finale time skip. Seriously Naruto didn't need 700 chapters: it honestly probably could of been told in 600 chapters but if it needed 700 it needed some taken away then just adding to the total it already had. And I know especially in this kind of story not every chapter of an arc is going to be amazing but again sooooooooo much could of been cut to spend on more important things that it's worth pointing out.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice little interview with Kishimoto about the end of the series...recorded about twelve hours after he submitted the final chapter.

dumbfoolkid5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice way to end the series, a shame there are some unanswered questions here, but at least it's over. Questions like what happened to Orochi and the others.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbfoolkid5 View Post
    Nice way to end the series, a shame there are some unanswered questions here, but at least it's over. Questions like what happened to Orochi and the others.
    They have the film The Last Naruto Movie coming out soon and it takes place after after the final battle but well before the epilogue, so they'll likely use that to fill in some details. I'd be very shocked if after everything he's done they just completely left Orochimaru up in the air.