Quantcast
    Magus is offline Big Boss
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Kabuto's an entertaining villain (now.. I couldn't stand this guy for nothing), but when it comes to seeing Kabuto's story, I have no interest in it. It's no secret that I can't stand flashbacks (especially of early childhood), but in this case, I have no interest in hearing/reading about why Kabuto is the way he is, especially when Tobi is still masked, whose all in on this moon-eye plan, hearing the truth about Itachi.
    3rd Strike - Dudley, Ken, Ryu/Makoto

Tash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the theory that the destiny-changing technique Itachi talked about last chapter is something similar to that guy in Bleach who can re-write people's backstories. What we're seeing now is a tragic past being added to Kabuto so that Itachi will have a way to reason him into turning off Edo Tensei.

It's a bit of a stretch, though.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Naruto Chapter 583 is out so I'll talk about it.

Spoiler:
    Synopsis: For about three years, Kabuto was taught various medical skills by Nonō, such that he was eventually able to assist her in healing shinobi and thus, earn money for the orphanage. It was here that he first met Orochimaru who asked him if he wanted to become a shinobi, stating that the role would suit him, but Kabuto declined. Orochimaru was there with Danzo and members of the Root who wanted Nono to spy on them against the land of rock who they felt was plotting something. Saying they would insure money would not go to the orphange if they didn't, Nono eventually agreed. Danzo also wanted one of the kids of the orphanage to join them to replace a fallen member much to the horror of everyone. Kabuto however was eavesdropping on the conversation , and accepted the offer, much to the shock of everyone working there who thought he was turning his back on them. From this point onwards, he was tasked with infiltrating various hidden villages, including those of the Five Great Shinobi Countries. During one such assignment in Iwagakure, he was forced to flee after his cover was blown and unwittingly attacked his "mother", Nonō, in the process. With her unable to recognise him even as he healed her injuries, Kabuto came to question his identity and purpose, when he was once again approached by Orochimaru.[

My thoughts.

Spoiler:
    I still really dislike the idea of having flashbacks in the middle of the battle and I admit I was really bored by the first half of this chapter. I mean I guess it's nice connecting Kabuto's past to Danzo and Orochimaru but really besides Orochimaru's general creepiness and Danzo stating he wanted to do it for the sake of the village not really much from them. Honestly besides Kabuto agreeing for the sake of the orphanage I didn't really even like the first half whatsover as really it could of been done in a lot less time. However I admit I actually kind of felt for Kabuto in the second half. When he tried healing his mother who had no idea who he even was and this sending him into a crisis of not knowing who he was and taking off his glasses not recongnizing the person in front of him. Kind of reminds me of that "Reflections" song in Mulan actually so I admit that was a pretty good moment. And I guess Orochimaru showing up will hopefully lead to the rest of the flashback making sense with what we already know about Kabuto (though didn't he beocme a spy for Sasori first before working with Orochimaru? Is that going to be retconned or what?) but really that's the only positives I can give this: a couple of geunine character moments for Kabuto that kind of explain why he said he had nothing if the person he cared about most didn't even know who he was and since he had no identity without her (in his mind at least) not thinking he had anything. Still though the rest of this was a snooze as a lot of the set up I had no involvement in and really feels like we're about to retcon some of Kabuto's backstory which Kishimoto shouldn't try doing just to make us sort of care about him before his death. Plus yeah the pacing kind of bugs me so really not that good a chapter. In fact probably a bad read besides one or two moments I liked but the rest I can't really bring myself to care about
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Orochimaru: Sup kid? Wanna see life through my creepy eyes?

I thought this week's chapter was pretty good and I'm glad to see Kishimoto is expanding on Kabuto's background. From the looks of things this flashback will be over next week and the battle will resume/possibly end the week after.

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay. Kabuto, you are literally a snake, and a rotten guy, but having someone you cared so much for die in front of you with no memory of who you are, thereby making everything you sacrificed meaningless...

I hereby give you permission to be bitter. -_-

Also, Danzo would say that throwing a puppy, a kitty, a baby, a baby seal, and any other cute and harmless thing into a blender and pressing the puree button was for the sake of the hidden leaf.

That does not cut it anymore my friend.

And Orochimaru is creepy...

Am I going to have to start watching for a Slowpoke pic?
    The Hypocrite Rises....

Rud
    Rud is offline Nine Arts Dragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Oh boy, that orphanage totally isn't going to burning down or nothin'! Nope, no siree~!!
    Turns out you were 100% right about that... surprisingly.
    "I will turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

"Politics always takes vengeance on those that belittle it"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I'll be. I was actually wrong. Touché, mein Kishimoto. Touché indeed...
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And then the next chapter has the Orphanage being burned down!!!

Double Subversion!!!

That's what happens when you tempt fate.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Naruto Chapter 584 is out and let me talk about it.

SYNOPSIS:

Spoiler:
    Orochimaru takes Kabuto with him and explains why his mother figure attacked him. Turns out Nono while undercover was soon swapped out pictures of Kabuto's progress (having heard about Kabuto's reason for becoming a spy and only agreeing with her mission if Kabuto was taken out of that role) with another as Danzo planned on having Nono and Kabuto kill each other after a certain point of their mission. This infuriates Kabuto who attacks Orochimaru as we see Oro do his shedding skin technique again and says Kabuto should join him since he's been looking for someone like Kabuto and if he joins he'll finally find out who he is. We also see Orochimaru has been collecting blood samples and we have a montage of the Sound Village forming as well as Kabuto joining up with the Akatsuki (and secretly a spy for Orochimaru) as well as him absorbing the blood after Orochimaru died into his body saying it's not enough for him to be the person he should be as we're still sort of in flashback.

THOUGHTS:

Spoiler:
    Well at least this chapter cleared up a potential plothole I had with how the Akatsuki timeline wasn't really making sense with this new information but that was corrected here. And though again I sort of felt bad for Kabuto wanting to find out who he was and feeling angry at Orochimaru who spilled on his betrayal there was a real... empty feeling from this chapter. Since we knew for the most part how it would go: Orochimaru would get Kabuto to work for him and I guess Kabuto's backstory we heard in part 1 was just a cover up and have the story play out like we knew it. And hey Kabuto taking Orochimaru's essance was something we saw during the Itachi/Sasuke fight anyway so that's not really surprising either. Really I get that this was trying to connect the bridge more with the past and the present but we didn't need to have that connection as we already know a lot of what would happen. There wasn't a need for a lot of what we saw in this chapter and only bits of it were really interesting or had any emotional panges to it. Which is really a problem with Naruto flashbacks: for all the build up only a couple of moments really ring true while all the build up feels so empty. Like it should be structured well because of how the panels are laid out and the set up but... it just doesn't really ring true for some reason or another. So yeah this really makes me hope next time we actually get back to the fight and don't have to build with any more history of Kabuto since I think we know all about him we really need to.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kabuto is a lot like Sasuke. He lost sight of his truth and fell into darkness. I'm interested in seeing how this fight turns out now.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film