Quantcast
Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1101
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    So, according to Chris Sabat Dragon Ball Kai hasn't sold well for FUNimation. If anything it has boosted sales of the Orange Bricks. If I may remind you all that Dragon Ball merchandise in Japan dipped when Dragon Ball Kai was on air and has one begun to rebound in the first full year it has been off the air, I would like to lead the group in a nice hearty laugh.

In other news, I do believe that Part Eight shall be arriving soon for you RightStuf guys. Woot?
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

aegisrawks is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think that it Kai was worth it, if only because it introduced Nicktoons to Anime.

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    I think that it Kai was worth it, if only because it introduced Nicktoons to Anime.
    In that instance, Kai was positive for Nicktoons(brought them good ratings). Oh, and a better dub. Otherwise, looks like the show was underwhelming/disappointing/failure for both Toei and FUNi.

The Orange Bricks continue to live, much to the chagrin to many fans.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Personally I blame Naruto Shippuden, Bleach and One Piece for getting people to prefer slow pacing.

I kid... or do I?

But I'm very disappointed that Kai did not sell better. I wonder why it didn't.

Do American buyers really want that old arguably bad dub that much that they'd rather watch it with washed out video?

Is it simply a matter of the Orange Bricks being much cheaper? Walmart was selling double seasons and even 3 seasons in one box for a while at low low prices. Now they're selling those half season sets which IMO are more conventional but not as cheap as the orange bricks in episodes per dollar.

Let us not forget Kai was the only way to buy DBZ for Blu-Ray and now is the only way to get more than the first season on Blu-Ray. You'd think that would have helped some.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    See, I think I see goes back to 2007 when the Season Sets came out, Kai probably sells way more than those Blu-ray Level sets did, but it's probably a similar situation to Kai's sells.
    All that advertising? Even now into today, added? Heck, just look on the covers of the Season Sets: "DIGITALLY REMASTERED."
    That's all there is to it, besides on the official DBZ website, where it now says "Presented in Standard Definition", but even on the new Wal-Mart exclusive "half season" sets, still says on the back "Presented in High Definition.", so even with Kai? People, casual people? Don't care, they believe they have the best version out there, so...oh well.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy to say that I'm all caught up with my DBZ Kai home releases, I do still have 2 sets I need to watch but at least their home safe on my DVD bookcase! I never thought I'd ever like DBZ seeing as how I wasn't a fan of the original show before it got the "Kai" treatment, but man......this show has really grown on me and I'm happy to call myself a DBZ fan now.

Keep supporting the industry and pick these home releases up if you've never seen the show or are curious about DBZ as a whole, they're well worth your $$$.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    Personally I blame Naruto Shippuden, Bleach and One Piece for getting people to prefer slow pacing.

I kid... or do I?

But I'm very disappointed that Kai did not sell better. I wonder why it didn't.

Do American buyers really want that old arguably bad dub that much that they'd rather watch it with washed out video?

Is it simply a matter of the Orange Bricks being much cheaper? Walmart was selling double seasons and even 3 seasons in one box for a while at low low prices. Now they're selling those half season sets which IMO are more conventional but not as cheap as the orange bricks in episodes per dollar.

Let us not forget Kai was the only way to buy DBZ for Blu-Ray and now is the only way to get more than the first season on Blu-Ray. You'd think that would have helped some.
    It's probably the price to episode ratio and why FUNimation has been stumbling all over themselves just trying to get a 'Season One' set out for Dragon Ball Kai.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    One explanation to add is that a lot of people saw buying Kai as doing a double dip (or a triple, for Dragon Box buyers), and just didn't want to do that. But yeah, I bet price has plenty to do with it.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To be honest, I really don't mind at all. DBZ is waaay better than Kai, IMO, and the people who bought Z instead of Kai are smart.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondering, how was Dragon Soul from parts 7 and 8 handled? I heard that 7 had a few prior singers returning, but how was that handled?

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film