Quantcast
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
    GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    You'd have to buy the most expensive and unnecessary shipping for importation to cost what that odd Amazon listing is, I think. Fortunately, Rightstuf's now listing it at their normal rate.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/94902/4/0/0

The true cover art is also out there now, which is an improvement on the early promo art that only had the Banshee.

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There we go. Ordered.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

HellCat is offline Have a Parfait Christmas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marida: "WHEEEEEEEEEEE! Look, Banagher, I can do cartwheels! Puru puru pu-....No, I'm a big girl now".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Once again AnimeChannel's put up an 8-minute clip, and there's an English version of the long trailer also!

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Big news about Unicorn's future this weekend:

At the "Gundam Live Entertainment: Mobile Suit UC Film&Live 2012 Reader's Theater 'hand in hand'" event held earlier today to promote the upcoming release of episode 5 of Gundam Unicorn, it was revealed that a seventh volume of Gundam Unicorn will be produced.

Along with a poster advertising the sixth volume which is now titled "宇宙と地球と" (which appears to be read "Sora to Hoshi to") in "2013 Spring," another poster advertised a never previously announced seventh volume titled "The Final" coming "In the near future."
    I'm hearing that there's more material in the latter novels and that we should all expect episode 7 to be longer than the usual hour.

The wait is getting longer and longer, but at least it's been worth it. Promo pics in the tag.
    Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whilst I'm glad to see they apparently realised their poor planning (the fact that episode 5 takes everyone back to space makes throwing them down to Earth for episode 4 seem kinda pointless), a whole year between episodes? Why is this suddenly occuring when so far they've had no problem producing two a year? I could understand such a wait between 6 and 7 but I have to wonder what's gonna require the wait between 5 and 6.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Me thinks the wait is because the production team got on their hands and knees and basically said "Executive-san, this just isn't going to work. We need more time to make the story good!!" so they're retooling Episode #6 so that the story can wrap up in a [hopefully] extended length Episode #7. We also have to look at how this affects the animators. Working on an extended series means more work, which means more money. I imagine most animators working on OVAs or films are doing it because they're veterans who can afford to be able to afford it or are doing it out of the principle of it.

Assuming Episode #7 hits in the spring of 2014, that will be the thirty-fifth anniversary, too. I wonder what'll happen with The Origin, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thing is, they hinted at this back during the cinema screenings of episode 4. We were even told 'We've got a surprise but you won't hear more till the release of episode 5'. So whilst the story would need to be adjusted, they've know about this for a while now. Really, that should mean the time in between episodes is given over to producing them. I wouldn't doubt also that getting an extra episode was green lighted because of just how well the releases have been selling, leading to extra copies being made.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    Thing is, they hinted at this back during the cinema screenings of episode 4. We were even told 'We've got a surprise but you won't hear more till the release of episode 5'. So whilst the story would need to be adjusted, they've know about this for a while now. Really, that should mean the time in between episodes is given over to producing them. I wouldn't doubt also that getting an extra episode was green lighted because of just how well the releases have been selling, leading to extra copies being made.
    That's probably where the issue with scheduling staff comes in, though. That or they decided to make Episode #7 a thirty-fifth anniversary project.

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I'm glad they aren't rush it in order to maintain the level of quality, it is a bit annoying that it may take two more years to finish it. I wonder if it has anything to with the rumors that there are going to be major changes from the plot of the novel for the Unicorn anime including an completely different ending?