95. Fullmetal Alchemist
    90. Afro Samurai
    86. Astro Boy
    78. Dragonball Z
    76. Voltron: Defenders of the Universe
    73. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    70. Pokemon (wha?!)
    51. Death Note

As a lot of comments say on that page, it doesn't really look like a true list; they seem to be basing it on nostalgia more than anything else (Pokemon better than all those shows beneath it? Come on!). But it's nice to see some of these shows get recognized after all this time. It's only halfway done, though. Since this is the Anime Forum, what anime shows do you think will appear in the countdown? Here are my guesses and hopes(I think they're limiting it to anime that appeared on American television):

Cowboy Bebop (definitely top 10 material)
    FLCL
    Paranoia Agent
    Gurren Lagann
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Code Geass
    Trigun
    Outlaw Star (not really groundbreaking, but it's got some certain elements that may get it a spot on the list)
    Evangelion
    Speed Racer
    Any other Gundam series (Seed, 00) if they're not limiting it all to Wing

There's more I'm thinking of, but I'm keeping it short.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Terror of Death is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I seriously doubt it but it would be cool if Yu Yu Hakusho or Kenshin were in the top 50. Not that I really agree with or care that much about these top 100 lists that pop up from time to time.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A list of all animated series probably won't include the best anime, but instead the most popular among American animation watchers. But here are my hopes anyway:

1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    3. Samurai Champloo
    4. Gurren Lagann
    5. Code Geass

FLCL technically isn't a series, and they already have Fullmetal Alchemist on there, so that's my list.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror of Death View Post
    I seriously doubt it but it would be cool if Yu Yu Hakusho or Kenshin were in the top 50.
    Seconded.

ensatsu-ken is offline "Come and get it!"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror of Death View Post
    I seriously doubt it but it would be cool if Yu Yu Hakusho or Kenshin were in the top 50. Not that I really agree with or care that much about these top 100 lists that pop up from time to time.
    I agree, but seeing how an IGN editor gave one of the YYH sets a score of a 5/10, in his review of it, I highly doubt that they think highly of that show.

Seriously, though, YYH will always be a top anime title for me. Its one of my favorite shounen, and one of my favorite shows, in general.

I also really like Rurouni Kenshin, but I was just disappointed with its last season, which was full of filler. The Kyoto arc was epic, though, and as far as the manga goes, its my 2nd favorite read.
    Animation Revelation: Taking Over Cartoons One Step at a Time

Check it out!

Bright Eyes is offline Final Broadcast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass.
    It's nice to see that Fullmetal Alchemist is on there.

Nothing gets crossed out

soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I vote for Disgaea doods!

it should at least be #67

& DBZ should have been a lot higher on there list...Like #1 perhaps!
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

Nikkolas is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gasp.W here is Sailor Moon?

But seriously, Kenshin belongs on that list. It wasn't ever as popular as a DBZ or whatever but it was an excellent anime. Even the filler was pretty good. Well some of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That list is already full of fail but Evangelion and Bebop should be high, in the top twenty I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so where do you think naruto will be, top 10
    he is standing on the border with stewie and homer for christ's sakes

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Originally posted by VenerableViper
    so where do you think naruto will be, top 10
    he is standing on the border with stewie and homer for christ's sakes
    Well Simpsons is defintley getting the number one slot but if it's on the banner image I know Naruto will probably at least get in the top 25. I'm kind of hoping for some other anime represenation (well FLCL or One Piece. Don't know any other more major animes that IGN would want to recognize) but the fact that this one mentioned Gundam Wing, Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist puts it above most top 100 cartoon lists. (A bit off topic but I"m hoping that South Park places higher then Family Guy on the list, and Aqua Teen and Space Ghost Coast to Coast are somewhere in the top 50 if Sealab and Frisky Dingo got in the top 100).
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

CartoonOverlord is offline Head of HATE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pokemon way above Full Metal Alchemist? Yes, this list is very credible.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay latest part of the list is up. The good is that they have Space Ghost and Aqau Teen on it. Weird news is that Naruto is number 38. I don't think Naruto deserved the top 10 spot but really why have it with Simpsosn and Family Guy then? Is it the top rated anime (besides Robotech which is on there for nostalia probably) or what? Well whatever it is it's on there. I note 40-31 has a good start (though I think Avatar should of at least been in the top 30) but I don't see besides really good reason Muppet Babies being higher then Batman Beyond, Superman the Animated series or... well I'm not even sure it deserves to make the top 100 but it's certainly not a 31 worthy spot.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm probably going to end up disagreeing with most or al of the top 30, when the rest of the list is released.

Honestly, its pretty crappy, already, IMO. Then again, nobody said that anyone had to agree with it, but, still, it would be nice to see a top 100 list that has some shows within the top 50-25, which I actually feel should be there. Well, to be more clear, while I do agree with some of the shows that they picked to be withing the top 50, like Batman Beyond and Tiny Toons, I personally feel that they should have been higher on the list.

One thing I know for sure is that YYH and Rurouni Kenshin probably won't be seeing any spot on that list, now, since I can't imagine any of these sites putting them up in their top 25. The only time I ever saw a list that ranked YYH quite high, was a 2006 poll put up by TV Asashi, in which YYH was surprisingly ranked at the #15 spot. And, I don't actually believe that I have ever seen a list from one of the big sites like IGN, that has ever ranked Rurouni Kenshin within the top 25. But, oh well, its my opinion that those shows deserve such high spots.

As for the rest of the list, I hope that they'll at least have enough sense to put Cowboy Bebop and Batman: The Animated Series within the top 10. Also, ADJL is a cartoon that I personally feel should be on that list, but, once again, I highly doubt that I'll be seeing it on there.

Check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are a lot of shows I like and believe should be on the list but won't be (One Piece, W.I.T.C.H, TMNT 2003,) but thats ok because this is not my opinion it's someone elses opinion.

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How did they come up with this list? It seems clear, my friends, that looking at the results, they did...Wing it, ahaha.

*collective groan*

DemonLordShugo is offline Tsugumi ish teh awesome!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    How did they come up with this list? It seems clear, my friends, that looking at the results, they did...Wing it, ahaha.

*collective groan*
    Nice pun, Hell Cat, I think they actually did wing it

So you're not the only one
    Winning the war on pants!!

R.I.P. - Toonami (1997-2008)
    I've watched you from beginning to end, Ani-Monday, you're saving us thank you!!

soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonLordShugo View Post
    Nice pun, Hell Cat, I think they actually did wing it

So your not the only one

I third that statment..The fact that Deathnote & pokemon are in front of DBZ means that they either winged it or IGN is just not very bright!
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmonkey44 View Post
    I third that statment..The fact that Deathnote & pokemon are in front of DBZ means that they either winged it or IGN is just not very bright!
    Actually, Death Note deserved to be a lot higher on the list, IMO.

As for DBZ, the thing is, the manga is at least 10 times better than the anime, since it doesn't have all of that filler and other stuff that the anime uses to drag out the story with. I do agree that DBZ should have been higher on the list, though, but honestly, I wouldn't say that its a top 10, as far as anime go (but the manga is definitely a top 10, as far as graphic novels go ). Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

Personally, I feel that Yu Yu Hakusho should be at least within the top 25, but I know all to well how that anime doesn't get nearly as much appreciation as stuff like DBZ, which absolutely dwarf its popularity in comparison, but you won't seem me complaining that IGN didn't put it on their list....at least not that much, anyways.

**Whispers to self** Darn those guys at IGN for this crap list!

Check it out!

DemonLordShugo is offline Tsugumi ish teh awesome!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ensatsu-ken View Post
    Actually, Death Note deserved to be a lot higher on the list, IMO.

As for DBZ, the thing is, the manga is at least 10 times better than the anime, since it doesn't have all of that filler and other stuff that the anime uses to drag out the story with. I do agree that DBZ should have been higher on the list, though, but honestly, I wouldn't say that its a top 10, as far as anime go (but the manga is definitely a top 10, as far as graphic novels go ). Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

Personally, I feel that Yu Yu Hakusho should be at least within the top 25, but I know all to well how that anime doesn't get nearly as much appreciation as stuff like DBZ, which absolutely dwarf its popularity in comparison, but you won't seem me complaining that IGN didn't put it on their list....at least not that much, anyways.

**Whispers to self** Darn those guys at IGN for this crap list!
    I agree, the DRAGONBALL manga is 10x's better than the anime, and Yu-Haku (Yuu Yuu Hakusho's Japanese nickname) deserves to be on the list, yeah IGN's list is crappy
    Winning the war on pants!!

R.I.P. - Toonami (1997-2008)
    I've watched you from beginning to end, Ani-Monday, you're saving us thank you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast